• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CCP Wait Times?

11B2O

I reside in Guilford County and I read somewhere that one of the changes that was made along with the Castle Law on Dec. 1 of 2011 was that they were cutting down the waiting period to issue a Concealed Carry Permit from 90 days to 45 days. I was just wondering if this is true or not.

Doble Troble

Sheriffs now have 45 days to issue or deny concealed handgun permits

It was one of several things that GRNC's Castle Doctrine law, in effect since 12/1/11 did.

J_Oliver

Funny thing, I just called a few hours ago to make an appt.! From what I was told, it takes 45 days to process once all your medical records are received by the sheriff and are being reviewed.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

ArmySoldier22

Funny thing, I just called a few hours ago to make an appt.! From what I was told, it takes 45 days to process once all your medical records are received by the sheriff and are being reviewed.

Medical records? I still haven't looked into getting the CHP yet, but I've been thinking about it. I never knew they required medical records?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Yep that's right. Just found it myself after reading the links above:

"§ 14-415.15. Issuance or denial of permit.
(a) Except as permitted under subsection (b) of this section, within 45 days after receipt of the items listed in G.S. 14-415.13 from an applicant, and receipt of the required records concerning the mental health or capacity of the applicant, the sheriff shall either issue or deny the permit. The sheriff may conduct any investigation necessary to determine the qualification or competency of the person applying for the permit, including record checks.