• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Donner has "concluded his campaign" for US senate why are the ads still up?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Just asking?

Hate to waste a good Ad!
Maybe some poor people can make use of it.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

asign.jpg

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Beats wearing baggy pants!

I was wearing baggy pants. After 60....we all have baggy pants unless you wear suspenders:banghead:
I don't like suspenders because if you adjust them too tight, you get high water pants and get a squeaky NOVACOP voice.

Last edited:

Felix

Based on the tepid support he received at the NoVA VCDL meeting, I'm surprised it took that long. I sure didn't sense he had a path forward to accomplish any significant fund raising.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
So, . . . .fill us in REAL Virginia in--he's not from round heah. Did he win or lose? Did he pay money to advertise here, and he's a pseudo gun fan afterall?

He dropped out, he was a joke and he was from up there so I really didn't give a rats rump about his campaign and didn't pay much attention to it.
Not much else I can say:lol:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
So, him being a joke while outwardly representing our cause, I guess we can assume he hurt our image and respectability somewhat. Great--

Claiming to be pro 2nd just to get support doesn't qualify him to represent ME...maybe you, that's your business.
As far as damage, all he did was fall flat.
Like Floyd Baynes...a non event!

Hell, even Joe Morrissey tried to get VCDL support. Came out and spoke to us and said he wasn't anti gun.
I handed him a GSL pin and told him to put it on if he wanted to be taken seriously. He put it in his pocket.

Last edited:

Brian Reynolds

Donner, His Campaign and his 2A Gun Support

I worked for Donner on his campaign (created his website and managed his communications), as I did for Senator Dick Black and several others this year. His support for 2A is genuine. He has been to the gun range with me (non campaign related, just practice) and his wife Leesa has been shooting with Ed Levine. In fact, for her birthday, Tim and Leesa received a number of older family guns from her brother to add to their collection. Campaign or not, they own guns and support gun rights hands down. His membership in VCDL, NRA etc., were done long before he ever thought of running.

A bit of background... Tim was probably the best suited to beat Allen but he is also a realist, with the Governor on down to the RPV supporting Allen and Allen having millions in the bank, there is no way to beat Allen if Radtke, McCormick and the Bishop were staying in. The only way any of them had a chance is if all but one dropped out and went against Allen head to head. Donner attempted to get all candidates to meet and decide which one of them should become that challenger but the others egos were too large for a realistic approach. If you read the true conservative blogs in Virginia like VA Right and Bearingdrift, they said the same thing. At end, Donner is the only one not brainwashed to think he can win and is the only one with the balls and decency to pull out instead of out begging for scraps and giving false hope to additional donors. As Felix points out, the reality is that none of the candidates have a path forward to do any significant fund raising or at least enough to compete with Allen who has spent 6 years gearing back up for this run.

Outside of that Donner runs a public policy organization that mainly deals with constitutional awareness and support. He is also very heavy in tax reform and 10th Amendment rights. The ad here is simply pre-paid for a number of months. I will, however, suggest to him that he change the graphic to something more supportive of gun rights rather than his former campaign.

While I agree that its difficult to judge a person on just one meeting (for those who heard him at VCDL), when you do your homework on him, Donner was not a joke, is not a pseudo gun fan and frankly, would have been better suited running for President than US Senate--God knows we really don't have anyone solid enough at this point to beat Obama and the front-runner Romney is the idiot who helped spark the idea for Obamacare, is for big government and is anti-gun (Note--make sure we vote Cuccinelli as our Governor because Bolling is literally on Romney's campaign team).

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Appreciate the insight BTR - always good to hear from someone with a valid perspective.

Do agree that our candidate process leaves a lot to be desired.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I read your post carefully BT.

First, this started with a Why is his ad up" question, not a deep political discussion.

My picture was tongue n cheek.

The normal degradation started and my "Joke" comment was written hastily and was out of line. I apologize for that!

I expect there was an immediate mass emailing about what to do about it (The secret EM panic alerts:lol:) and you responded. It was a very good response though which is the only reason I'm bothering to write this.

First, he wasn't my candidate so I really didn't care much and didn't follow his attempt carefully.

Second, every candidate I've talked to has been "Pro 2nd"...every damn one no matter how rabid they really are. So the claim didn't mean anything to me and still doesn't.

Third, while it's admirable to not want to split the vote, the simple fact is...if you don't run, you ain't gonna get elected.

Forth and this is a big one....Your post told me more about your candidate than I heard the entire time he was considering his bid. The time to get the word out is when you want support for a run, not after it's all over.

I didn't post this to start a new debate and really don't have time so please accept it as my opinion that isn't going to change regardless of how much you argue. For the next few weeks I have to deal with food inspections for home produce, unnecessary reporting for crop harvesting, Bear hunters being able run dogs all night...etc......and I simply don't feel like discussing the merits of a candidate who isn't.

Last edited:

Brian Reynolds

No apology needed in the least PN, I thought the pic was great. Actually my apology for making my response seem political--no secret panic alerts, just a friend.