Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 45

Thread: Is telling the truth on this site considered bashing?

  1. #1
    Regular Member deniedmyrights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    johnson county
    Posts
    51

    Is telling the truth on this site considered bashing?

    Thanks everyone
    Last edited by deniedmyrights; 01-11-2012 at 02:28 AM.
    Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.

  2. #2
    Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Right Behind You!, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,818
    Being on this forum is a privilege, not a right. Just like a business who's policies you may not like, you are free to decide whether or not to patronize this forum. "The rules is the rules". That being said, we are offered WAY more latitude here than most places on the net. I didn't read your post before it was deleted but chances are you were a little too aggressive with the "truth" in order that it was considered bashing. I've seen many posts here questioning some policies of the NRA that weren't deleted.

    ETA: And if you have a problem with an admin/mod action; it would probably be best to PM them instead of posting like this.
    Last edited by Brass Magnet; 01-10-2012 at 06:08 PM.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    Lex malla, lex nulla

  3. #3
    Regular Member deniedmyrights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    johnson county
    Posts
    51

    That is the problem

    Thanks everyone
    Last edited by deniedmyrights; 01-11-2012 at 02:28 AM.
    Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.

  4. #4
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    The simple fact is that the site owners consider it inappropriate to criticize other gun rights organizations in some ways. Its their site; if they don't want it, its theirs to say.

    I'd be damned if I'd pay for a site to let others say things I didn't want on my site, regardless of the reason I didn't want it.

    If you don't want to accept that and continue to argue the point, fine. Nobody much is gonna support you, though, because it is plain you'd rather argue your hurt feelings or whatever than recognize the private property rights of the owners.

    As the earlier poster said, some single critical comments that nail a specific seem to be either not disapproved or maybe the mods don't see them.

    But, broader, run-on criticism taking up an entire post, or even starting a thread to criticize is gonna get locked or deleted.

  5. #5
    Regular Member VW_Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Leesburg, GA
    Posts
    1,098
    While its true that in the past the NRA negotiated and support some forms of gun control, that does not negate from the facts that this forum is a privately owned entity and its owners can and shall do with it what they wish.

    Perhaps make a blog?
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady
    I am no victim, just a poor college student who looks to the day where the rich have the living piss taxed out of them.

  6. #6
    Founder's Club Member thebigsd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Quarryville, PA
    Posts
    3,543
    Take the advice of the others above (all of whom have more experience on this site than you). If you have a concern with a specific member the appropriate response is to PM that member to potentially resolve the situation. You will get nowhere by hanging out dirty laundry for everyone to see.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

  7. #7
    Regular Member deniedmyrights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    johnson county
    Posts
    51

    Just defending myself

    Thanks Everyone
    Last edited by deniedmyrights; 01-11-2012 at 02:29 AM.
    Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.

  8. #8
    Founder's Club Member thebigsd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Quarryville, PA
    Posts
    3,543
    Perhaps you should re-read the rules. You may have missed this one.

    (2) RIGHT TO EDIT AND DELETE POSTS: We reserve the right to edit or remove posts for any reason, at any time, at our sole discretion.

    The point is that you agreed to follow the forum rules. Moderators seek to enforce those rules. They have the discretion in deciding whether or not a thread is appropriate. This site has one administrator an multiple moderators. If you feel a moderator has acted out of turn then simply PM Administrator and express your concerns there. I will simply end by pointing out that it is a privilege to post on this site, not a right.
    Last edited by thebigsd; 01-10-2012 at 07:22 PM.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

  9. #9
    Regular Member HandyHamlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Terra, Sol
    Posts
    2,779
    Quote Originally Posted by deniedmyrights View Post
    I have followed the rules:
    Yes, but you did not fill out and submit in triplicate the following:

    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

    "Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    1,929
    Quote Originally Posted by deniedmyrights View Post
    That is why I am being told this is private property by some who obviously have no understanding of common law and private property as defined in law
    Have many friends, do you?
    Perhaps you would like to link us to the law that defines a website as public property?

  11. #11
    Regular Member deniedmyrights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    johnson county
    Posts
    51

    What????????????

    Thanks everyone
    Last edited by deniedmyrights; 01-11-2012 at 02:29 AM.
    Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.

  12. #12
    Regular Member Beretta92FSLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In My Coffee
    Posts
    5,278
    Quote Originally Posted by deniedmyrights View Post
    Where exactly do you think I said this website is public property?

    You did kinda put this little bit in, bringing up public, and private property in the context of this discussion: "That is why I am being told this is private property by some who obviously have no understanding of common law and private property as defined in law"

    Although you didn't directly state it, you did bring up private, and public property in this discussion.
    Last edited by Beretta92FSLady; 01-10-2012 at 09:55 PM.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

  13. #13
    Founder's Club Member thebigsd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Quarryville, PA
    Posts
    3,543
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    You did kinda put this little bit in, bringing up public, and private property in the context of this discussion: "That is why I am being told this is private property by some who obviously have no understanding of common law and private property as defined in law"

    Although you didn't directly state it, you did bring up private, and public property in this discussion.
    +1. You know you're wrong when Beretta is agreeing with everyone else in the thread...lol
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

  14. #14
    Regular Member Beretta92FSLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In My Coffee
    Posts
    5,278
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    +1. You know you're wrong when beretta is agreeing with everyone else in the thread...lol
    lmfao!
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    1,929
    Quote Originally Posted by deniedmyrights View Post
    Where exactly do you think I said this website is public property?
    If this website is private property, your 1A rights are not applicable in the context of saying whatever you want without repercussion or moderation.

    What you said
    That is why I am being told this is private property by some who obviously have no understanding of common law and private property as defined in law
    indicates that you do not believe this is private property, and that those who have told you otherwise do not have any understanding of the law.

    Since we apparently have no understanding of common law and private property laws, please, illuminate us. I'm sure it will be quite a post.

  16. #16
    Regular Member William Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oxford, Ohio
    Posts
    238
    Freedom of speech is not the freedom to be heard.
    I guess some people who don't think the administrater of this site has the right to decide what gets posted, also don't think they have the right to send THEIR Emails they receive from certain sites to SPAM or Block them from sending further Emails. After all why would they think that's their decision.

  17. #17
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    Hey, fellas,

    If we give him the benefit of the doubt--that his post was in line with the rules--then I think he has a potentially valid beef.

    While the mods do have authority to delete anything for any reason or no reason as a matter of property rights, it does not shield them from criticism. For example, I've seen warnings by a mod wherein the mod was stretching a rule--essentially formulating a new rule. When called out on it, he gave the lame response about reserving the right to delete anything. That was a valid legal point; but it most certainly does not stand up to logic and reason. Either the mod is or is not being arbitrary. Either he can or he can't explain his actions in line with his rules. If he has to resort to "any reason", then he can't really defend his action, can he? Meaning he just made it up as he went along.

    So, I'm inclined to stop pushing back against the OPer. The rules say what they say about bashing other gun rights organizations. If he didn't, he has a legitimate complaint. And, every right to call out the mods for giving him a false impression that the rules would be applied and allowing him to waste his time composing a post.

    If the mods can defend it, great. If they have to resort to "any reason", well, then we'll know it was an arbitrary misapplication of the no-bashing gun organizations rule. If they don't defend it and stay mum, well, then we'll never know for sure.

    But, maybe the mods will pay attention to the next sentence:

    Having seen arbitrary misapplication myself in other circumstances, I am very inclined to give the OPer the benefit of the doubt for the moment. Meaning, if the mods hadn't played arbitrary games a few times in the past, I wouldn't have any reason to have any doubts about them this time.

  18. #18
    Regular Member Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Grennsboro NC
    Posts
    5,358
    Quote Originally Posted by deniedmyrights View Post
    The administrator has accused me of bashing the NRA for pointing out the truth about the NRA. I looked up bashing just to make sure that was not what I was doing.

    In a word, YES.

    If the group you are addressing is one of the "protected groups" on this site, then you may not reveal negative actions by them to the members of this site. I've had entire threads "memory holed" because some member of a "protected group" didn't like what I had to say about their ineffective, counterproductive, and often money-grubbing tactics.

    Yes, even on a 2A-rights advocacy web forum, we have our own version of "political correctness".

    Tread lightly. Egos are fragile here...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

  19. #19
    Regular Member deniedmyrights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    johnson county
    Posts
    51

    Where does ones rights start and end?

    Thanks everyone
    Last edited by deniedmyrights; 01-11-2012 at 02:30 AM.
    Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.

  20. #20
    Regular Member okiebryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
    Posts
    449
    Remember the other day when I defended the OP because of the way he was being treated?

    Apparently you guys saw something that I was too naive to recognize. I take it back.

    denied, if you don't like the way this side is moderated, feel free to go start your own. This is not your website, and you don't get to set the rules. If there's an over/under going on, I say 48 hours till the ban.

  21. #21
    Regular Member okiebryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
    Posts
    449
    Not even sure why I am addressing this, but:

    denied, if you came into my business and started making a scene because you didn't like something, I would politely ask you to leave. If you continued making a scene, and didn't leave, I would have you arrested. Your freedom of speech only applies to government actions to stifle your speech. On my property, you are there as a guest. Once your welcome is removed, you are no longer allowed to be there.

  22. #22
    Regular Member HandyHamlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Terra, Sol
    Posts
    2,779
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Hey, fellas...
    I believe we are talking about Administrators and not mods. Isn't there a difference? As in the admins actually own the site? Do all the upkeep and foot the bill? And finally, aren't there two owners? Just wondering.

    As to the OP's last post. Think of this forum as walking into a stranger's living room. It doesn't matter what you think or want or if you are right. It ain't your house.

    Quote Originally Posted by deniedmyrights View Post
    No one has even asked why the original post about the NRA would have been deleted. They just want to point their fingers and say "he is breaking the rules ".
    I saw your thread and thought it was bunk. Glad it's gone. And I am not a big fanboy of the NRA either.

    Last edited by HandyHamlet; 01-11-2012 at 12:01 AM.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

    "Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

  23. #23
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    Since Denied is still prattling on about his rights (which are not going to win out over the site owners' rights in anybody's mind), I have to wonder what he's really up to.

    Nobody, but nobody is stupid enough to not recognize the owners have a pretty solid right to limit the content posted. Its a losing argument. Even the dumbest will at least be given pause when the property rights are brough to their attention. Since he doesn't seem to have paused, I have to wonder what his real motive is.

    I handed him the key to the fortress, but that key only works if the deleted material really was in line with the rules as he posted above.

    So, now I'm wondering why he won't use that key. Was his post not in line with the rules as he posted above?
    Last edited by Citizen; 01-11-2012 at 12:02 AM.

  24. #24
    Regular Member William Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oxford, Ohio
    Posts
    238
    I guess it all boils down to this: Is this site denying deniedmyrights rights or does occupy wall street protesters have a point.

  25. #25
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    Quote Originally Posted by William Fisher View Post
    I guess it all boils down to this: Is this site denying deniedmyrights rights or does occupy wall street protesters have a point.
    Trick question.

    None of us got any rights here, except maybe some informal, non-legal contract that we can post here if we abide by the rules. A sort of agreement between owners and users.
    Last edited by Citizen; 01-11-2012 at 12:20 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •