• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is telling the truth on this site considered bashing?

okiebryan

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
Not even sure why I am addressing this, but:

denied, if you came into my business and started making a scene because you didn't like something, I would politely ask you to leave. If you continued making a scene, and didn't leave, I would have you arrested. Your freedom of speech only applies to government actions to stifle your speech. On my property, you are there as a guest. Once your welcome is removed, you are no longer allowed to be there.

HandyHamlet

Hey, fellas...

I believe we are talking about Administrators and not mods. Isn't there a difference? As in the admins actually own the site? Do all the upkeep and foot the bill? And finally, aren't there two owners? Just wondering.

As to the OP's last post. Think of this forum as walking into a stranger's living room. It doesn't matter what you think or want or if you are right. It ain't your house.

No one has even asked why the original post about the NRA would have been deleted. They just want to point their fingers and say "he is breaking the rules ".

I saw your thread and thought it was bunk. Glad it's gone. And I am not a big fanboy of the NRA either.

:lol:

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Since Denied is still prattling on about his rights (which are not going to win out over the site owners' rights in anybody's mind), I have to wonder what he's really up to.

Nobody, but nobody is stupid enough to not recognize the owners have a pretty solid right to limit the content posted. Its a losing argument. Even the dumbest will at least be given pause when the property rights are brough to their attention. Since he doesn't seem to have paused, I have to wonder what his real motive is.

I handed him the key to the fortress, but that key only works if the deleted material really was in line with the rules as he posted above.

So, now I'm wondering why he won't use that key. Was his post not in line with the rules as he posted above?

Last edited:

William Fisher

I guess it all boils down to this: Is this site denying deniedmyrights rights or does occupy wall street protesters have a point.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I guess it all boils down to this: Is this site denying deniedmyrights rights or does occupy wall street protesters have a point.

Trick question. :)

None of us got any rights here, except maybe some informal, non-legal contract that we can post here if we abide by the rules. A sort of agreement between owners and users.

Last edited:

William Fisher

Trick question. :)

None of us got any rights here, except maybe some informal, non-legal contract that we can post here if we abide by the rules. A sort of agreement between owners and users.

A verbal contract of sorts? As far as me, I have my own soap box like in that there orange juice comercial. (Well ok, it's actually a tomato crate).

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
I could write a page rebuttal just to the "Bank of America owns my house" stuff. There is nothing in those two paragraphs that is correct.
While I am sympathetic to many of your concerns/frustrations, Deniedmyrights, you have posted so many erroneous comments with the assertion of facts that if I had to put down money on a bet, my money would be that the "facts" you posted that were deleted were mostly hyperbole, rumor and opinion. There are many knowledgeable people on this forum and if you relaxed a bit, didn't try so hard to preach to the choir and read between the lines a bit when experienced members such as Citizen try to point you in a more productive direction, you may achieve a more satisfactory experience on OCDO.

JeepSeller

So, the OP is butt-hurt because a thread or post of theirs got moderated? I don't know what was said, I won't take sides there.

All I can say is grow some thicker skin. Roam around forums long enough, getting an occasional comment "moderated" is just part of the process.

It's their house. Deal with it. Otherwise, the door you came through swings both ways.

Personally, I feel there are more important things to spend your energy on.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
There are several memebers on OCDO who were the pioneers in their geographic areas in reclaiming OC rights. Members have challenged local PDs, been active in ensuring OC legality training, fighting for numerous expansions of various aspects of 2A and self-defense rights, etc especially in VA, WA and I believe PA. I'm sure there are more I have missed in the last year being mostly absent from OCDO.

Several members have faced and actually been arrested asserting their rights. Even more members have contributed money, time, legal services and more in those fights. Heck, this entire forum was created essentially as a questioning of the status quo.

And yes, you will be challeneged on chicken v chickens because the reality of the legal world we live in sometimes means that "chickens" means you eventually get to go home with your sidearm and file a 1983 suit and "chicken" means you lose your gun and your freedom. Just and legal are frequently not the same thing and if sloppy language or hyperbole leads to conflating the two, someone may end up on the wrong end of an assertion of rights with a cop.

There are many very brave men and women on this forum who daily live what they believe and who face great inconvenience and legal entanglement for their 2A rights. Their courage has caused change in many places. They have questioned and their continued questioning is one reason they come here for discussion, thought and other perspective.

If you are banned from this site it will be your doing, tno the membership's. I'm sorry you are frustrated that no one is jumping on your band wagon, but really, insulting members with inaccuracies that show only your ignorance at the many accomplishments of this forum's members and goading the adminstrators doesn't really effect anyone but you.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
All of you are right, thanks for the debate. This is not the place for someone like me. I will get the Administrator to delete my account tomorrow. Good luck to you all as you loose all of your rights.

Most of you are stuck in your paradigm. You will not even consider any other point of view. You are all to busy quoting rules and regulations.

The letter killeth, but the Spirit giveth life. (2 Cor. 3:6)

Time wasted on the internet trying to calmly helpl someone stuck in his paradigm understand the ineffectiveness of accusing others of being stuck in their paradigm espcially when he doesn't know anything about those people... Check. My work here is done. Time for bed....

TigerLily

Being on this forum is a privilege, not a right. Just like a business who's policies you may not like, you are free to decide whether or not to patronize this forum. "The rules is the rules". That being said, we are offered WAY more latitude here than most places on the net. I didn't read your post before it was deleted but chances are you were a little too aggressive with the "truth" in order that it was considered bashing. I've seen many posts here questioning some policies of the NRA that weren't deleted.

ETA: And if you have a problem with an admin/mod action; it would probably be best to PM them instead of posting like this.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if your website has dot ORG after it, then you asked permission from the government to exist. Perhaps you guys who have a need to sensor should change your website to dot COM - to make it a REAL business and therefore legitimately claim YOUR right as business owners to censor as you please.

wrightme

Hey, fellas,

If we give him the benefit of the doubt--that his post was in line with the rules--then I think he has a potentially valid beef.
Having seen arbitrary misapplication myself in other circumstances, I am very inclined to give the OPer the benefit of the doubt for the moment. Meaning, if the mods hadn't played arbitrary games a few times in the past, I wouldn't have any reason to have any doubts about them this time.

In a word, YES.

If the group you are addressing is one of the "protected groups" on this site, then you may not reveal negative actions by them to the members of this site. I've had entire threads "memory holed" because some member of a "protected group" didn't like what I had to say about their ineffective, counterproductive, and often money-grubbing tactics.

Yes, even on a 2A-rights advocacy web forum, we have our own version of "political correctness".

Tread lightly. Egos are fragile here...

If it was the thread I saw, it fits the term of 'org bashing.'

And, negative actions CAN be revealed. How a poster reveals those actions is 'actionable'.

OC for ME

Back in my Navy days riding the boats, you had to have three 'friends' minimum, the yoeman, Doc, the cook(s). Around here you need only two 'friends' minimum, the owners and their mods. Life is real tough when you tick-off your 'friends'.

"If you're gunna be stupid, ya better be tough." - Unknown (meaning i do not know the source)

TigerLily

I stand corrected.

None the less, opencarry.org is about 2nd amendment rights and as such you should also respect the rest of the Bill of Rights. Censorship of truthful facts - solely because they are "uncomfortable" does not promote a sense of loyalty and trust among those who frequent this organization - especially if those "truths" are relevant to the open carry discussion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nonprofit_organization

"Most countries have laws which regulate the establishment and management of NPOs, and which require compliance with corporate governance regimes. Most larger organizations are required to publish their financial reports detailing their income and expenditure publicly. In many aspects they are similar to corporate business entities though there are often significant differences. Both not-for-profit and for-profit corporate entities must have board members, steering committee members, or trustees who owe the organization a fiduciary duty of loyalty and trust. A notable exception to this involves churches, which are often not required to disclose finances to anyone, including church members."

Last edited:

paul@paul-fisher.com

I stand corrected.

None the less, opencarry.org is about 2nd amendment rights and as such you should also respect the rest of the Bill of Rights. Censorship of truthful facts - solely because they are "uncomfortable" does not promote a sense of loyalty and trust among those who frequent this organization - especially if those "truths" are relevant to the open carry discussion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nonprofit_organization

"Most countries have laws which regulate the establishment and management of NPOs, and which require compliance with corporate governance regimes. Most larger organizations are required to publish their financial reports detailing their income and expenditure publicly. In many aspects they are similar to corporate business entities though there are often significant differences. Both not-for-profit and for-profit corporate entities must have board members, steering committee members, or trustees who owe the organization a fiduciary duty of loyalty and trust. A notable exception to this involves churches, which are often not required to disclose finances to anyone, including church members."

Once again, you have no rights on this forum. Only if the forum is owned by a government do you have rights. You do have to follow the rules. John and Mike (the site owners) have always been very reasonable, in my opinion. deniedmyrights came in here with a chip on his shoulder and is angry because we don't all agree with every word he types. He went off on me (he is now on ignore) on another thread even though I agreed with him but asked questions about the specifics of his complaints.

Some people can't play well with others.