• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HB364...""Firearms show vendor" means any person not licensed as a Virginia dealer...

mk4

HB364...""Firearms show vendor" means any person not licensed as a Virginia dealer...

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?121+sum+HB364

Attempt to require nics check on transfers between private parties at gun shows???

Eta... I guess not. I didn't read enough of full text. Sorry.
Mods could delete this thread.

Last edited:

TFred

New definition in this bill:

"Firearms show vendor" means any person not licensed as a Virginia dealer pursuant to 18 U.S.C. § 921 et seq. who exhibits, sells, offers for sale, transfers, or exchanges any firearm at a firearms show, regardless of whether the person arranges with a firearms show promoter for a fixed location from which to exhibit, sell, offer for sale, transfer, or exchange any firearm.

TFred

230therapy

New definition in this bill:

"Firearms show vendor" means any person not licensed as a Virginia dealer pursuant to 18 U.S.C. § 921 et seq. who exhibits, sells, offers for sale, transfers, or exchanges any firearm at a firearms show, regardless of whether the person arranges with a firearms show promoter for a fixed location from which to exhibit, sell, offer for sale, transfer, or exchange any firearm.

TFred

Not sure how this can possibly pass given that we have the right to dispose of our property. Once this passes, ALL transfers will surely require state permission. Good by Virginia Gun Trader!

mk4

Actually, yes, that's what it says. Even discusses a "designated dealer" to do the checks.

This needs to be shot down.

stay safe.

thanks for clarifying. i gotta get better at deciphering these things...