Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Michigan Open Carry, Inc. 3/10 CPL Class to Benefit MOC's Legal Fund

Michigan Open Carry, Inc. 3/10 CPL Class to Benefit MOC's Legal Fund

Michigan Open Carry will be holding a CPL Class to benefit the MOC Legal Fund (Lawsuit with CADL). Bring your own firearm or rent one from the indoor range.

Date: March 10, 2012 (9 AM - 6 PM)
    Cost: $99.99
    Gun Rentals: $20 -- Rentals require the use ammunition purchased from the gun range/store (additional $20-$30 for ammo depending on caliber)
    Instructor: Rick Ector
    Law Instructor: Melissa Pearce
    Classroom/Indoor Range Location:
    Firing Line
    33000 Ford Rd
    Westland, MI

Rick Ector is a well known Instructor in the Metro Detroit Region. He is the owner/operator of Rick's Firearm academy of Detroit.

Melissa Pearce is a knowledgeable attorney with specialized experience with firearm laws in Michigan.

The classroom portion will be held in a conference/classroom at Firing Line. Range time will be at the indoor range in the same building.

Many thanks to The Firing Line, Rick Ector, and Melissa Pearce for donating their time and facilities for this charity fundraiser.

!The Class is now full!!The Class is now full!!The Class is now full!!The Class is now full!!The Class is now full!!The Class is now full!
    Last edited by TheQ; 01-19-2012 at 02:25 PM.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Only 18 spots left. I hear on a good source that we will have 6-10 more bookings in the near future.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

I want to sign my fiance up for this class. Will I be able to sit in on the class, so that I know exactly what she was taught and what I need to elaborate on? I also might have a couple friends that may want to take it as well.

4 Spots reserved. Only 16 spots left. Book your reservation today!

There are more paid RSVPs coming in each day.

Special thanks to PAT (who you all love to hate) who personally recruited, registered, and has paid for 4 individuals so far.

....not to mention the 3 or 4 other people who he has recruited. A total about 7 or 8.
    Last edited by TheQ; 01-14-2012 at 11:45 AM.

I'll be watching for the next class for sure...since this one falls on the same day as my daughters first birthday. :-)
    "I'm gonna show him what little girls are made of - gunpowder and lead." Miranda Lambert

Quote Originally Posted by peanutpublications View Post
    I'll be watching for the next class for sure...since this one falls on the same day as my daughters first birthday. :-)
    I'm sorry to hear that. I'm not sure if there will be a "next class".

Quote Originally Posted by TheQ View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that. I'm not sure if there will be a "next class".
    Why not?

And just to show how tired I still was when I posted earlier...that's the day of my daughters second birthday party.
    "I'm gonna show him what little girls are made of - gunpowder and lead." Miranda Lambert

Quote Originally Posted by peanutpublications View Post
    Why not?

And just to show how tired I still was when I posted earlier...that's the day of my daughters second birthday party.

First.. not skippable. Second... totally skippable. Now you have no excuse.
    Last edited by HKcarrier; 01-17-2012 at 03:56 PM.
    When you put the gun in the holster, put the ego in the gun safe.

Going to check with the wife to see if she is interested. Out of curiosity any other females signed up yet?

Quote Originally Posted by detroit_fan View Post
    Out of curiosity any other females signed up yet?
    A few

A few
    Cool. She is scheduled to work that day but going to see if she can get it off.

Wow! There are only 9 spots left. If you were hoping to get in on this class you need to reserve your spot now!

A mass email just went out to our membership so I expect there will be several more reservations soon.

Only 4 spots remain open! Reserve your spot now before the class fills!

Only one spot left. Reserve now!

those went fast! glad to see it did so well

just signed the wife up for the last spot. glad to know she will be in good hands for the class
    Last edited by detroit_fan; 01-19-2012 at 02:14 PM.

The class is now full!

Very cool. It will be a good class being taught by Rick Ector/Melissa Pearce.

The class is now full!
    sent you a pm

Quote Originally Posted by SpoogeBob View Post
    I volunteer to be a RSO.
    Who is this SpoogeBob fellow?
    Last edited by TheQ; 01-21-2012 at 04:04 AM.

Who is this SpoogeBob fellow?
    He is a little square fellow that lives on the bottom of the sea in Bikini bottom

dahhhhh

even Patrick knows that!

Last edited by Onnie; 01-21-2012 at 02:36 PM.
    When Guns are OUTLAWED, Ill be an OUTLAW
    American Tactical Imports C45 45 AP
    S&W sigma 40 Cal
    Bersa 380 Thunder Plus
    Hi point C9 9mm
    Chiappa 1911-22 Semi-Auto .22 LR

Im not a lawyer, but I did play a Klingon once at Universal Studios

I know you said there might not be a "next class" but please let me know if there is.

Thanks Q

Keep an eye on the usual channels: here, Michigan Opening Carry's forum, MOC's Facebook page, etc.

First reserved, first served.

How many rounds of ammo do they need to bring to class?
    If guns cause crime, all mine are defective- Ted Nugent

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast