• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

South Sound 2nd Saturday OC Meet

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
It's that time of the month again, folks! No, Aunt Flo hasn't come to visit. It's time to meet some of your fellow OCers for a taste of the 3 Cs: Coffee, Conversation, and Camaraderie. Families welcome!

When: Saturday (1/14) @ 9am
Where: Starbucks - 1401 S 348th St, Federal Way

For those of you who think this is too early...Well, ya' probably wouldn't have made it to a later one, anyway. :lol:

SpyderTattoo

Funny, haven't had a gunshow i 5 weeks. The first show of the year, Monro, and it falls on the same day as the OC meet... I think I'll never be able to come to one again.

FMCDH

Ok ok ok, I'll come...I wont like it, and I refuse to enjoy myself that early in the morning (well, outside of certain closed door activities...ahem) but I will show up! :p

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
Ok ok ok, I'll come...I wont like it, and I refuse to enjoy myself that early in the morning (well, outside of certain closed door activities...ahem) but I will show up! :p

Would you be interested in carpooling? I don't know if I am going to go yet since the wife is just out of the hospital on Monday and I have a guys night on Friday but I am considering it again...

FMJ 911

man, I'd love to come! but I may be busy that day. I might be going to Mossyrock with my Dad and a friend to shoot tin cans with a beater .22 Rifle.

I'll see how the Calendar looks.

Zdoom

I am hoping that i will be able to make it depends on how much i can get done on the remodel that i am doing on the home.

boosteddreams

Would you be interested in carpooling? I don't know if I am going to go yet since the wife is just out of the hospital on Monday and I have a guys night on Friday but I am considering it again...

I sent you a PM as well; I'm interested in a carpool if there is one/if a seat's available.

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
I sent you a PM as well; I'm interested in a carpool if there is one/if a seat's available.

Maybe we will make it an East Sound meets South Sound meet, lol. I am still not 100% sure if Ill be going since the wife is just out of the hospital, ill know more tomorrow. Ill work it out with you and FMCDH :). Any other East Sounders?

FMCDH

If Slapmonkay chooses to go with me, I will still have room, my wife normally doesn't go to this meet anyway.

I will say this however...based upon the attendance of the last few of these that I have been to, we are on the verge of outgrowing this particular venue. Last months meet had a few people leave soon after arriving because they couldn't find a seat. I lost count toward the end, but I remember seeing at-least 10 and more people show up overall.

BrownC6

My motorcycle is currently out of commission so if anyone is coming from near West Seattle and doesn't mind a seat being filled for the ride down I would love to join. I'll even pitch in gas money :p

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran

FMCDH, looks like ill need to drive myself. If you want, your welcome to carpool with me however ill be going down 405 rather than 5 like you. Could meed you in Bothell or something if you wanted a ride with me to save gas.

boosteddreams, if you want to carpool I can pick you up. Ill be leaving Monroe around 7:45 so about 8:05 ill likely be in Redmond area. PM me and we can disscuss details if you want, I also have your phone.

FMCDH

FMCDH, looks like ill need to drive myself. If you want, your welcome to carpool with me however ill be going down 405 rather than 5 like you. Could meed you in Bothell or something if you wanted a ride with me to save gas.

boosteddreams, if you want to carpool I can pick you up. Ill be leaving Monroe around 7:45 so about 8:05 ill likely be in Redmond area. PM me and we can disscuss details if you want, I also have your phone.

No problem, I understand that's the more direct route for you.

Hope to see you guys there.

DEROS72

It sure gets tiring seeing everyone post exuses why the can't come.Post solutions as to how you are going to be there. Happened with the 2A rally last april and the Willow Lake meet. I will be there if I have to take a cab.

FMCDH

My motorcycle is currently out of commission so if anyone is coming from near West Seattle and doesn't mind a seat being filled for the ride down I would love to join. I'll even pitch in gas money :p

I will be passing by, is there someplace along I-5 you can get to that I would be able to pick you up?

Zdoom

barring any odd complications i will be there although i don't know i will be able to stay as i will have the kids with me. Should be there right around 9am will be nice to meet every one.

boosteddreams

Slapmonkay, in case you see this but don't check your PMs, I have to be back here at 11:15 to get to another (earlier) commitment. I'm not sure how late you want to stay but if you don't think you'll be back here in time - and I don't want to ask you to rush - I'll just try to make the next meet. I don't have your phone number so hopefully you'll see this.