• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

1000 down and time to see the show

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I read and sorted through close to a thousand bills last night, have a list of 22 both bad and good....now, it's time to go see who gets appointed to what and how much arm twisting is needed.

Sen. Edwards has at least one FOIA bill that should be of interest here:

SB 107
Edwards
"Amends the definition of ""criminal investigative file"" so that the exemption applies to records relating to active or ongoing investigations or prosecutions."
General Laws

BUT

He also has one that needs to die a quick death:

SB 96
Edwards
Provides that it is a Class 6 felony for a person to publish on the Internet a photograph or video made in violation of the current law prohibiting filming, videotaping, or photographing a nonconsenting person in certain situations where there is an expectation of privacy.
Courts of Justice

Let the show begin!
funny_monkey.jpg

Last edited:

Marco

Here's is what I can find so far.. some of these are less than helpful from a my Pro 2A, Libertarian point of view.

I presume "a" Castle Doctrine bill will become law this session, we have at least four filed so far.
Unfortunately, imho, we are guaranteed to have a bad Castle Doctrine law come July 1.

Some of this Bills are down right damaging. You can decide for yourselves.
I suggest you read the enitre text of the Bills, here is a link.

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?121+lst+ALL

HB 14- Persons acting in defense of property; civil immunity provided for an occupant of dwelling, etc.

HB 22- Firearms; disposition thereof acquired by localities.

HB 25- Concealed handgun permits; confidentiality of permittee information.

HB 26- Concealed handgun permit; failure to produce upon demand of a law-enforcement officer, penalty.

HB 47- Persons acting in defense of property; civil immunity provided for an occupant of dwelling, etc.

HB 48- Castle doctrine; self-defense and defense of others.

HB 139- Concealed handguns; persons who may lawfully carry hidden from common observation, penalty.

HB 172- Hunting; knowingly trespassing while carrying a firearm, penalty.

HB 237- Criminal history record information checks upon handgun purchases; dissemination of information.
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showth...ks-upon-handgun

HB 288- Courthouses; exception from prohibition against carrying weapon for city and county treasurers

HB 364- Criminal history recordinformation; record check to be performed on prospective transferee

SB 4- Castle doctrine; self-defense and defense of others.

SB 26- Conservation police officers; clarifies authority.

SB 64- Castle doctrine; self-defense and defense of others.

SB 67- Concealed handgun permit applications; removes option for locality to require fingerprints.
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showth...ns-fingerprints

HB 375- Firearms; workplace rules by localities.

HB 458 Control of firearms; libraries owned by localities.
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showth...gun-bill-so-far

HB 592- Criminal history record information check; exemption for concealed handgun permittees.

Not directly 2A related but does/can effect 2A
HB 227- Expungement when a nolle prosequi is taken.

HJ 17- Constitutional amendment; restoration of civil rights to persons convicted of felonies, etc.

SB 107- Freedom of Information Act; criminal investigative records

HB 369- Hunting on Sundays

Comments in "this post" are mine and don't represent VCDL or anyone else.

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Here's is what I can find so far.. some of these are less than helpful from a my Pro 2A, Libertarian point of view.

I presume "a" Castle Doctrine bill will become law this session, I we have at least four filed so far.
Unfortunately, imho, we are guaranteed to have a bad Castle Doctrine law come July 1.

Some of this Bills are down right damaging. You can decide for yourselves.
I suggest you read the enitre text of the Bills, here is a link.

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?121+lst+ALL

HB 14- Persons acting in defense of property; civil immunity provided for an occupant of dwelling, etc.

HB 22- Firearms; disposition thereof acquired by localities.

HB 25- Concealed handgun permits; confidentiality of permittee information.

HB 26- Concealed handgun permit; failure to produce upon demand of a law-enforcement officer, penalty.

HB 47- Persons acting in defense of property; civil immunity provided for an occupant of dwelling, etc.

HB 48- Castle doctrine; self-defense and defense of others.

HB 139- Concealed handguns; persons who may lawfully carry hidden from common observation, penalty.

HB 172- Hunting; knowingly trespassing while carrying a firearm, penalty.

HB 237- Criminal history record information checks upon handgun purchases; dissemination of information.
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showth...ks-upon-handgun

HB 288- Courthouses; exception from prohibition against carrying weapon for city and county treasurers

HB 364- Criminal history recordinformation; record check to be performed on prospective transferee

SB 4- Castle doctrine; self-defense and defense of others.

SB 64- Castle doctrine; self-defense and defense of others.

SB 67- Concealed handgun permit applications; removes option for locality to require fingerprints.
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showth...ns-fingerprints

HB 375- Firearms; workplace rules by localities.

HB 458 Control of firearms; libraries owned by localities.
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showth...gun-bill-so-far

HB 592- Criminal history record information check; exemption for concealed handgun permittees.

Not directly 2A related but does/can effect 2A
HB 227- Expungement when a nolle prosequi is taken.

HJ 17- Constitutional amendment; restoration of civil rights to persons convicted of felonies, etc.

SB 107- Freedom of Information Act; criminal investigative records

HB 369- Hunting on Sundays

Comments in "this post" are mine and don't represent VCDL or anyone else.

Thanks M!
I'll put them on the list.

Except for the ones we consider harmful to us, we try to just support VCDL's position on Gun Bills without interfering. The line gets a little thin sometimes.

This year We're taking a separate position on Constitutional Carry and a couple of others just to add numbers to VCDL (There are only 50 couple OV supporters that are also VCDL members).

Marco

The line gets a little thin sometimes.

Thanks M!

Except for the ones we consider harmful to us, we try to just support VCDL's position on Gun Bills without interfering. The line gets a little thin sometimes.
My pleasure.
I understand and appreciate that point of view.

See you Monday. :)

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
  1. They're making the House assignments now. Things are a mess here today. Obama's wife is here and the pace is crawling withSS State Police and others. Finding the Chair Assignments in the Senate is going to be challanging right now and on top of that, their guest wifi is down.
  2. I'm on my cell phone doing this.
  3. Got my parking reserved for next week.
  4. Going down to start discussing bills now.

VApatriot

1. They're making the House assignments now. Things are a mess here today. Obama's wife is here and the pace is crawling withSS State Police and others. Finding the Chair Assignments in the Senate is going to be challanging right now and on top of that, their guest wifi is down.

Why?

On topic: Is VCDL going to get a legislative tracking tool up? I was kind of surprised that one isn't up yet.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Why?

On topic: Is VCDL going to get a legislative tracking tool up? I was kind of surprised that one isn't up yet.

Why what?
Was Obama's wife there....probably to irritate me. It worked.
Am I having trouble getting the House assignments...because I'm in Senate room B and the wifi isn't working.
Am I having trouble getting the Senate chair assignments, because they've been fighting over SR1 all day, several hours in private, and they haven't gotten to assignments.

I had to be out of my parking space by 4:00 and they're still bickering.

I have no idea what VCDL has up. You need to ask them that.

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
4:39 and still no Senate assignments.
McDonnell's state of the union address is tonight I think. I wonder if this is going to carry over until tomorrow?

Last edited:

mk4

oh to be a fly on the wall in that chamber...

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
oh to be a fly on the wall in that chamber...

They're in open session now. The real fun would have been during that couple of hour lunch break.
I have video of McEachin demanding fairness. He was voted down.

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
The State Police even had their armored car out...I guess the squirrels posed a serious threat:lol:

[video=youtube_share;zoJPoCRX5aE]http://youtu.be/zoJPoCRX5aE[/video]