• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bikers protest police enforcement while open carrying

DocWalker

I read the story and the comments and it amuses me how people are so stupid.

I ride a Harley and agree distracted drivers with cell phones or drunk drivers need to be stopped. How ever a lot of people have no clue what the bikers are protesting about, they think the bikers want people to text and drive but that isn't true.

They are protesting the check points. First it is a Safety check point, then a DUI check point, then a cell phone check point....a slippery slop to check points to "I need to see your papers" that was represented in Germany 1930-40.

ManInBlack

So, who do we call when we see a cop cruising down the road, yakking on his phone . . ?

Oh, you haven't heard? The laws need not apply to those sanctified individuals who don the state's holy costume jewelry upon their chests...

FallonJeeper

Oh, that's easy, unless they are responding to an emergency, you shouldn't have any problem tailing them. Just start driving and call 911 while driving 'cuz that's the only exception allowable to non-emergency personnel.

Last edited:

timf343

Campaign Veteran
Oh, that's easy, unless they are responding to an emergency, you shouldn't have any problem tailing them. Just start driving and call 911 while driving 'cuz that's the only exception allowable to non-emergency personnel.

Ironically, you are also excepted if you are on an emergency call. A friend of mine suggested if a cop pulls you over for talking on your phone you immediately say "Wow, you got here fast."

jfrey123

This could be fun. I want to play. I have an extra $50.00 laying around here somewhere.

$50 is the fine only, administrative fees and courts costs bring the total fine up to nearly $150 depending on your jurisdiction...

The article quoted the Sergeant, he was radioing "Green Chevy Blazer. The phone is in her left hand," Kisfalvi said into a walkie-talkie. "White Toyota two-door. Her phone is in her right hand." I'd love to have been stopped at this check point:

1. Officer issuing the ticket probably didn't actually see me on the phone, only his Sergeant did. Hearsay anybody?
2. Officer issuing the citation can't prove he stopped the "correct" green Chevy. That's a really bad description... Might've been another one right next to me that they missed.

28kfps

Ironically, you are also excepted if you are on an emergency call. A friend of mine suggested if a cop pulls you over for talking on your phone you immediately say "Wow, you got here fast."

That is very funny.
My modified version.
Wow!!! You got here fast! What do you mean? I was calling in a reckless, speeding driver texting on a computer. Really? What was he driving? A black and white car.