• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

1st and last trip to wild west guns

Vegassteve

And a customer who does nothing in person but comes to a forum to complain about:

1: A policy which was not enforced or even mentioned

2: Somebody else not correcting a Marshal

Shows me that they would rather complain than confront the perceived issue in person. You call that standing up for your rights? I call it retreating then throwing rocks from the other side of the street.

You have a opinion just like everyone else. I gave my reasons for not correcting them on the spot. The LEOs in this town have proven they are no friend to gun owners. And I count the us marshalls in the same basket with the local ones.

And I was correct wild west is one of the sponsors of your website so I understand you trying to defend them.

Last edited:

702Shooter

I carry in church. I ave OC in church as well. It is one thing when a pet store wont allow OC. It is another when a gun store refuses it. And to wild wests credit they didnt do that. That is not what the post was about. The crappy advice and misinformation was what it was about.

No one took a choice away from anyone. No one is pissed we just choose to not give money to those who do not support our cause.

Back to my original post then...

What crappy advice and misinformation was given by the WWG staff? From your story, the Marshal gave the misinformation and nobody there, including yourself, corrected him. AND, the store, which may be required by their insurance policy to post that sign, said nothing to you about you not obeying it.

1: Nobody kicked you out, asked you to leave, or even mentioned the OC policy.
2: A Marshal made a comment and the others, just like you, decided not to argue with him.

Sorry man, I just don't understand WTF you are upset about.

702Shooter

You have a opinion just like everyone else. I gave my reasons for not correcting them on the spot. The LEOs in this town have proven they are no friend to gun owners. And I count the us marshalls in the same basket with the local ones.

And I was correct wild west is one of the sponsors of your website so I understand you trying to defend them.

OK, so you have a hard on for the police too.

Sponsors have nothing to do with this. Centermass Firearms is not a sponsor, they have the same kind of sign on their door, and I would make the same case for them.

702Shooter

I have yet to find a gun store in this town that has refused carry. American shooters did have a sign but changed it after we inquired about it. . And isnt that a bit odd anyway. Why would they insure a gun store but not allow guns? And if that was the case the store owner could certainly shop around for different coverage. It really isnt my problem it is the stores. And so far in this town I have not seen insurance as a issue for carry in the store.

So because YOU have not seen it, it must not exist.

Well, I have seen it. I know it to be the case in more than 1 store in this town too. Not saying I like it but I am saying that it's not worth my time to make any sort of deal over it.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Open or CCW? This discussion is on open carry policy. I have a feeling that if you open carry at your church in the "cry room" that somebody would take issue with it.

And if they did take issue with it? Are you one of those who conceals to make people feel better? People can take issue with anything? Do you eat meat? People take issue with that. Do you drive a car? People take issue with that. We can go on and on with that argument. Where do you draw the line on others restricting your rights?

PistolPackingMomma

Open or CCW? This discussion is on open carry policy. I have a feeling that if you open carry at your church in the "cry room" that somebody would take issue with it.

Since I am located in SC, we are not allowed to OC. Although the thread discusses OC, your particular post did not specify.

Yet, I'm willing to bet many of the readers of this forum attend services while NOT carrying.

Assuredly, if I could OC, I definitely would. Instead I practice a "passive agressive" CC. I deliberately allow my weapons to "bulge" under my clothes; they do not print, so I am not breaking any laws, but if you know what to look for, you can probably guess that I am armed. If I could OC, and someone decided to take issue with it, *shrug* what do I care?

G22shooter

Campaign Veteran
Since I am located in SC, we are not allowed to OC. Although the thread discusses OC, your particular post did not specify.

Assuredly, if I could OC, I definitely would. Instead I practice a "passive agressive" CC. I deliberately allow my weapons to "bulge" under my clothes; they do not print, so I am not breaking any laws, but if you know what to look for, you can probably guess that I am armed. If I could OC, and someone decided to take issue with it, *shrug* what do I care?

NC has OC but law excludes CC from church, so OC is the only option we have.

702Shooter

A courthouse is a government entity, not a company, quite a different situation. With a courthouse, you have no choice. I'm not religious so I can't comment on the churches. I do know that it is not illegal to OC at a church in my home state so long as you have good and sufficient reason.

I find that there are plenty of companies, restaurants, and stores that allow me to carry. I choose to frequent those stores. I absolutely respect the rights of property owners, that's why I follow their signs and don't visit their businesses. There is a fairly well-known motto for gun owners who carry: No Guns=No Money!

The Bill of Rights is a Government document giving the people the right to keep and bear arms. To me, this means anybody who can legally own a gun should be able to carry it anywhere they want. Especially Government facilities since the bill was written to protect us from the Government. Once again, I don't make the rules nor do I have to like them.

I'm aware of the motto but as a gun owner who carries every day, I also support the 1st amendment which allow people to set their own policies.

Funny how so many gun owners support the 2nd amendment but are willing to dismiss the rights of others when it comes to the 1st.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
The Bill of Rights is a Government document giving the people the right to keep and bear arms. To me, this means anybody who can legally own a gun should be able to carry it anywhere they want. Especially Government facilities since the bill was written to protect us from the Government. Once again, I don't make the rules nor do I have to like them.

I'm aware of the motto but as a gun owner who carries every day, I also support the 1st amendment which allow people to set their own policies.

Funny how so many gun owners support the 2nd amendment but are willing to dismiss the rights of others when it comes to the 1st.

I agree on your first point regarding the government. Please point out where I dismissed the rights of others. I explicitly stated that I respect the rights of property owners by not carrying on their posted property. I retain my right to carry and they retain their right to have a gun-free establishment. The difference is you choose to to give money to those who restrict your right to self-defense while I choose to give my money to those who support it.

702Shooter

And if they did take issue with it? Are you one of those who conceals to make people feel better? People can take issue with anything? Do you eat meat? People take issue with that. Do you drive a car? People take issue with that. We can go on and on with that argument. Where do you draw the line on others restricting your rights?

I open carry at times and did so all the time for a number of years. I grew tired of the attention it tends to draw so I got my CCW and now I only open carry when wearing a 702Shooter branded shirt which usually means I'm headed to or from a firearms event of some kind.

As far as OC goes, I draw the line when I'm in their home or business where they make the rules. I like to think of it as "respecting the wishes of others."

Last edited:

702Shooter

It's a thread discussing open carry on a forum called opencarry. Sorry I did not feel it needed to be specified beyond that.

You shouldn't care. And when you come across a business who takes issue with it and posts a sign about such, you shouldn't care about that either.

702Shooter

I agree on your first point regarding the government. Please point out where I dismissed the rights of others. I explicitly stated that I respect the rights of property owners by not carrying on their posted property. I retain my right to carry and they retain their right to have a gun-free establishment. The difference is you choose to to give money to those who restrict your right to self-defense while I choose to give my money to those who support it.

It's semantics I guess. I understand what you are saying, I just have a different viewpoint. :)

Actually, I choose to CC and not advertise that I have a gun. I then do business wherever I wish and pay no attention to their signs one way or the other.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
It's semantics I guess. I understand what you are saying, I just have a different viewpoint. :)

Actually, I choose to CC and not advertise that I have a gun. I then do business wherever I wish and pay no attention to their signs one way or the other.

Okay, I think I'm with you. I am a bit confused by your last sentence. Are you saying that you carry concealed in businesses that post?

702Shooter

Okay, I think I'm with you. I am a bit confused by your last sentence. Are you saying that you carry concealed in businesses that post?

I'm saying I don't look for sighns telling me I can't.

As far as the OC policy with WWG goes, somebody previously mentioned that American Shooters used to have a no open carry policy and that was removed after it was discussed with them. So, why did nobody discuss WWG's policy if they were bothered by it? Rather than bitch about it, I brought this thread to their attention and was told that they do allow OC in thier store. However, I can understand the OP thinking it is not allowed because the sign on the front door could be worded more clearly. That will be addressed tomorrow.

It's amazing what you can accomplish when you try to address a situation instead of creating discontent due to a simple misunderstanding.

Vegassteve

I'm saying I don't look for sighns telling me I can't.

As far as the OC policy with WWG goes, somebody previously mentioned that American Shooters used to have a no open carry policy and that was removed after it was discussed with them. So, why did nobody discuss WWG's policy if they were bothered by it? Rather than bitch about it, I brought this thread to their attention and was told that they do allow OC in thier store. However, I can understand the OP thinking it is not allowed because the sign on the front door could be worded more clearly. That will be addressed tomorrow.

It's amazing what you can accomplish when you try to address a situation instead of creating discontent due to a simple misunderstanding.

Did you read anything in my first post? This was not about OC. I stated they have a good OC policy. I stated they even told me it was ok. Again that is not what my complaint was. I also pointed that out to you in another response. You seem to only read what you want. Done with you.

Remmy

Vegassteve,

I'm a bit confused. So they have a sign, you ignored it, and from what I've read, nobody mentioned anything to you about it. So, what exactly is your complaint about the OC/CCW policy?

As far as the Federal Marshal goes, I'm thinking he should know the law better than a local gun store but you're not complaining about or refusing to use the U.S. Marshals service. Perhaps the staff didn't correct him for the same reasons you didn't.

To be completely honest, in this case, you sound a bit like a loud know it all yourself.

Just sayin.....

Gotta love hostility in a place that we are all suppose to be working towards a common goal. There have been many stores, gun stores, grocery stores, gas stations, that we all h ave stopped being patrons of for the simple fact that they infringe upon our rights to protect ourselves. That is how you get your point across, just like we get our point across at the ballot box to vote. Why attack the OP for expressing his encounter and the fact that he will no longer spend his hard earned money on a store that does not accept his right to openly carry a firearm.

And im sorry but Federal Marshal was out right wrong and doesn't know better when he makes statements such as:

Then the Marshall chimed in that the daughter on the show looks under 21 and OC all the time. He said I dont know any state that allows anyone under 21 to carry or own or even handle a pistol.

I also take issue with the comment about refusing the US marshal service? Umm at what point was the OP being served by the US Marshals in this incident?

We all, yes im speaking in generalities because I know man y of us here have spoken that we fully support anyone for expressing and upholding their rights, just like we uphold our rights. Store owner doesnt want to allow OC fine with me, my money goes to a store that will such as NFA or Lock and Load. Insurance under writers or not, we choose to be patrons of these stores no matter what store they are as free men and women. If the "gun store" or any store for that matter has an issue and wants to play the my insurance under writer wont allow me to let you OC, pretty sure theres other options. There is no need to come to the board and blast the OP for sharing a story about an encounter he had at a store and sharing it here like many of us do and follow up on a daily.

All in all it seems counter productive to debate (attack) the choice of the OP to not spend money on a store he felt infringed upon his rights to openly carry a firearm. We are all members here on this forum to proudly uphold our god given rights, all of them, and support each member equally as they are fighting for the same ideals we all are. How about we stop the key board cowboy tough guy acts and, remember we are adults fighting for every man woman and child's rights.

Lets just remember one fact, opinions are like ******** everyones got one....so accept it or agree to disagree and stop trying to debate feelings which are impossible to do in the first place.

Just sayin...

Last edited:

Wild West Guns

Decided to pay this place a visit as thy have been really advertising on the boards here in town. A sign right off the bat on the front door. No loaded firearms. CCW keep it in holster. Ok seemed fair enough but unlike another store in town they didnt welcome CCW and OC on the sign like NFA does. They have lots of room and a small collection of guns. What completely turned me off though was the conversation they were having with a marshall. They were discussing the show American Guns which is about a store in CO. The wild west guy said they watch it just to see all the ATF violations. Like what? I dont know. I have seen about 3 episodes and have seen none. Then the Marshall chimed in that the daughter on the show looks under 21 and OC all the time. He said I dont know any state that allows anyone under 21 to carry or own or even handle a pistol. He was not corrected by the staff who in fact agreed with him. Sorry but I have no use for a store and staff who do not understand the law that they themselves say someone else is violating.

Wild West Guns policy allows open and concealed carry. We only ask that you keep your firearm stowed while in our store. Our sign is directed to firearms that are having work preformed on them by our gunsmiths and are purely for the safety of our staff and valued customers. We apologize if our sign was misleading and it will be corrected. As for the marshall, we didn't feel like it was our place to correct him, especially in front of other customers. Sometimes its just best to smile and nod. As for the staff member that made the ATF violations comment, this will be handled in house and we apologize if this offended anyone.

If there are any questions about our policies please feel free to contact us at 702-798-4570 for clarification.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
WWG Staff