• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

1st and last trip to wild west guns

702Shooter

Did you read anything in my first post? This was not about OC. I stated they have a good OC policy. I stated they even told me it was ok. Again that is not what my complaint was. I also pointed that out to you in another response. You seem to only read what you want. Done with you.

So now I'm dismissed? LOL

You came here to tarnish the name of a store. I've pointed out that in fact, your comments were unwarrented. Now we find out that they are also unfounded.

See ya sucka.

702Shooter

Gotta love hostility in a place that we are all suppose to be working towards a common goal. There have been many stores, gun stores, grocery stores, gas stations, that we all h ave stopped being patrons of for the simple fact that they infringe upon our rights to protect ourselves. That is how you get your point across, just like we get our point across at the ballot box to vote. Why attack the OP for expressing his encounter and the fact that he will no longer spend his hard earned money on a store that does not accept his right to openly carry a firearm.

And im sorry but Federal Marshal was out right wrong and doesn't know better when he makes statements such as:

I also take issue with the comment about refusing the US marshal service? Umm at what point was the OP being served by the US Marshals in this incident?

We all, yes im speaking in generalities because I know man y of us here have spoken that we fully support anyone for expressing and upholding their rights, just like we uphold our rights. Store owner doesnt want to allow OC fine with me, my money goes to a store that will such as NFA or Lock and Load. Insurance under writers or not, we choose to be patrons of these stores no matter what store they are as free men and women. If the "gun store" or any store for that matter has an issue and wants to play the my insurance under writer wont allow me to let you OC, pretty sure theres other options. There is no need to come to the board and blast the OP for sharing a story about an encounter he had at a store and sharing it here like many of us do and follow up on a daily.

All in all it seems counter productive to debate (attack) the choice of the OP to not spend money on a store he felt infringed upon his rights to openly carry a firearm. We are all members here on this forum to proudly uphold our god given rights, all of them, and support each member equally as they are fighting for the same ideals we all are. How about we stop the key board cowboy tough guy acts and, remember we are adults fighting for every man woman and child's rights.

Lets just remember one fact, opinions are like ******** everyones got one....so accept it or agree to disagree and stop trying to debate feelings which are impossible to do in the first place.

The OP "attacked" the store. I am defending it, not "attacking" him. BTW, have you caught up to the part in the thread where he was wrong?

Last edited:

PistolPackingMomma

The Bill of Rights is a Government document giving the people the right to keep and bear arms.

The Bill of Rights protects our rights, it does not grant them.

It's a thread discussing open carry on a forum called opencarry. Sorry I did not feel it needed to be specified beyond that.

You shouldn't care. And when you come across a business who takes issue with it and posts a sign about such, you shouldn't care about that either.

If you conceal carry, then why are you here, if you clearly prefer to carry in this manner?

And actually, I do care. I won't shop at a store that denies my right to self defense anymore than I will shop at a store that says "whites only." It is their policy; I am simply obeying their wishes. Why do you have your knickers in a knot just because we won't disarm like you choose to do?

Last edited:

The Big Guy

I'm not allowed to carry at the courthouse but I still manage to do business there when needed. Just because I have the legal right to open carry does not mean I have to. Of course I do business with places who do not allow open carry. How can you support gun rights but not the rights of the business owners?

Not sure if you go to church or not but can you imagine the reaction if you were to open carry there? Yet, I'm willing to bet many of the readers of this forum attend services while NOT carrying.

The bottom line is you're pissed because somebody took the choice away from you. To me, it's like a child throwing a temper tantrum when he/she does not get her way.

You can rest assured that the preacher and others at the church my family attends are a packin' hardware come Sunday morning service. I have been to many church events OC.

TBG

The Big Guy

Perhaps you missed the part where I mentioned that some insurance companies do not allow it? So yeah, lets stand up and preach about our rights being trampled instead of understanding that the world does not cater to our every want.

There is a simple solution to the insurance issue. If they prohibit guns in a gun store, get a new carrier. To think that a gun store sells guns for you to use and carry anyplace else, just not in their establishment.
What crap!

TBG

702Shooter

The Bill of Rights protects our rights, it does not grant them.

If you conceal carry, then why are you here, if you clearly prefer to carry in this manner?

And actually, I do care. I won't shop at a store that denies my right to self defense anymore than I will shop at a store that says "whites only." It is their policy; I am simply obeying their wishes. Why do you have your knickers in a knot just because we won't disarm like you choose to do?

I am here because I believe in the right to OC. I also prefer to stay at Westin hotels but occasionally stay at different places.

I don't have my knickers in a knot at all. Nor did I ever say I disarm.

The Big Guy

I have yet to find a gun store in this town that has refused carry. American shooters did have a sign but changed it after we inquired about it. . And isnt that a bit odd anyway. Why would they insure a gun store but not allow guns? And if that was the case the store owner could certainly shop around for different coverage. It really isnt my problem it is the stores. And so far in this town I have not seen insurance as a issue for carry in the store.

I have been kicked out of Accuracy and, hmmm, can't think of the name of the other. On Boulder Highway in Henderson near the 95. The memory is going but the shot placement is still good...

TBG

702Shooter

There is a simple solution to the insurance issue. If they prohibit guns in a gun store, get a new carrier. To think that a gun store sells guns for you to use and carry anyplace else, just not in their establishment.
What crap!

TBG

Agreed. However, I don't see it as a reason to not do business with the places who do not allow it. On the flip side, I will go out of my way to support those who openly encourage it.

Last edited:

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Wild West Guns policy allows open and concealed carry. We only ask that you keep your firearm stowed while in our store. Our sign is directed to firearms that are having work preformed on them by our gunsmiths and are purely for the safety of our staff and valued customers. We apologize if our sign was misleading and it will be corrected. As for the marshall, we didn't feel like it was our place to correct him, especially in front of other customers. Sometimes its just best to smile and nod. As for the staff member that made the ATF violations comment, this will be handled in house and we apologize if this offended anyone.

If there are any questions about our policies please feel free to contact us at 702-798-4570 for clarification.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
WWG Staff

Thanks for clearing everything up.

Vegassteve, now you've got everything in writing and can hold them to it.

Vegassteve

Thanks for clearing everything up.

Vegassteve, now you've got everything in writing and can hold them to it.

Again OPEN CARRY WAS NEVER the issue from my original post.

What completely turned me off though was the conversation they were having with a marshall. They were discussing the show American Guns which is about a store in CO. The wild west guy said they watch it just to see all the ATF violations. Like what? I dont know. I have seen about 3 episodes and have seen none. Then the Marshall chimed in that the daughter on the show looks under 21 and OC all the time. He said I dont know any state that allows anyone under 21 to carry or own or even handle a pistol. He was not corrected by the staff who in fact agreed with him. Sorry but I have no use for a store and staff who do not understand the law that they themselves say someone else is violating.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
He gave you about as good of a response as you could ask for. They didn't correct the marshall so as to not offend him or call him out in front of other customers. This is a sound business strategy.

They said they will deal with the employee talking about the TV show in-house. It very well may be the case that a licensed FFL may notice something on a show that you may not. I've been on your side here, but c'mon man, accept the apology and move forward.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
As for the marshall, we didn't feel like it was our place to correct him, especially in front of other customers. Sometimes its just best to smile and nod. As for the staff member that made the ATF violations comment, this will be handled in house and we apologize if this offended anyone.

Glad you chimed in and I'll give a huge +1. I was going to post somethng very similar just from the perspective of a small business owner who has had to just smile and nod at some customers. I expected it was something of that sort.

While I unfortunately don't live nearby, a company that posts a reply such as that is a place that I would certainly give an opportunity to earn my business.

28kfps

Again OPEN CARRY WAS NEVER the issue from my original post.

What completely turned me off though was the conversation they were having with a marshall. They were discussing the show American Guns which is about a store in CO. The wild west guy said they watch it just to see all the ATF violations. Like what? I dont know. I have seen about 3 episodes and have seen none. Then the Marshall chimed in that the daughter on the show looks under 21 and OC all the time. He said I dont know any state that allows anyone under 21 to carry or own or even handle a pistol. He was not corrected by the staff who in fact agreed with him. Sorry but I have no use for a store and staff who do not understand the law that they themselves say someone else is violating.

Vegassteve after talking to you in person I know you are not an over reactor and a straight shooter in what you say. You were there and it obviously had a very negative effect. I understand and respect your stance on the issue. Had I been there it may have had the same effect on me however, I do give Wild West Guns credit for at least making an effort to correct the issue, a sort of apology, and clearing up their open carry policy.

Vegassteve

Vegassteve after talking to you in person I know you are not an over reactor and a straight shooter in what you say. You were there and it obviously had a very negative effect. I understand and respect your stance on the issue. Had I been there it may have had the same effect on me however, I do give Wild West Guns credit for at least making an effort to correct the issue, a sort of apology, and clearing up their open carry policy.

I agree. I dont think they needed to apologize though but its nice they see how things are perceived.

PistolPackingMomma

I am here because I believe in the right to OC. I also prefer to stay at Westin hotels but occasionally stay at different places.

I don't have my knickers in a knot at all. Nor did I ever say I disarm.

Thank you for supporting OC.

But you do disarm before patronizing a store that prohibits firearms, correct?

Agreed. However, I don't see it as a reason to not do business with the places who do not allow it. On the flip side, I will go out of my way to support those who openly encourage it.

And that is your right, as it is the right of others to choose only to do business with companies supportive of our right to self defense. We call it voting with our wallets; if we don't defend the 2A., it will be quickly eroded by those who would appoint themselves our Masters.

Remmy

Wild West Guns policy allows open and concealed carry. We only ask that you keep your firearm stowed while in our store. Our sign is directed to firearms that are having work preformed on them by our gunsmiths and are purely for the safety of our staff and valued customers. We apologize if our sign was misleading and it will be corrected. As for the marshall, we didn't feel like it was our place to correct him, especially in front of other customers. Sometimes its just best to smile and nod. As for the staff member that made the ATF violations comment, this will be handled in house and we apologize if this offended anyone.

If there are any questions about our policies please feel free to contact us at 702-798-4570 for clarification.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
WWG Staff

Fantastic news, and thank you for clearing this up.

Speaking of...This is the exact reason why we post about businesses to either clear it up or contact them. this has been cleared up by the WWG so i am sure this thread succeeded in clearing up confusion once and for all much like every other thread regarding a place of business just like the PTs thread.

wrightme

I'm not allowed to carry at the courthouse but I still manage to do business there when needed. Just because I have the legal right to open carry does not mean I have to. Of course I do business with places who do not allow open carry. How can you support gun rights but not the rights of the business owners?Not sure if you go to church or not but can you imagine the reaction if you were to open carry there? Yet, I'm willing to bet many of the readers of this forum attend services while NOT carrying.

The bottom line is you're pissed because somebody took the choice away from you. To me, it's like a child throwing a temper tantrum when he/she does not get her way.

I support the Right of business owners to post if they desire. Do NOT make the mistake of assuming that the choice to not do business with such store is not supportive of their Right.

wrightme

The Bill of Rights is a Government document giving the people the right to keep and bear arms.
NO.

The Bill of Rights is a Government document that recognizes and affirms the Right, but does NOT give the people the right. It is a limit on the government, not a largesse to the citizens.

702Shooter said:
To me, this means anybody who can legally own a gun should be able to carry it anywhere they want. Especially Government facilities since the bill was written to protect us from the Government. Once again, I don't make the rules nor do I have to like them.

I'm aware of the motto but as a gun owner who carries every day, I also support the 1st amendment which allow people to set their own policies.

Funny how so many gun owners support the 2nd amendment but are willing to dismiss the rights of others when it comes to the 1st.
You will find many 2a supporter are VERY supportive of the 1a. How you get that from anyone choosing who to do business with is simply beyond logic.