• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ohio PD Officer Singleton gets it

PQ36

Just got this sent to me from a friend. Why can't we hear more of this, in general, and here in WI particularly?

Regarding the NDAA passage

http://oathkeepers.org/oath/2012/01...r-drafts-ndaa-letter-for-police-and-sheriffs/

excerpt:
And in those few words lies a conundrum, do we as police officers, sheriffs, deputies and others who have taken the oath to uphold and defend the constitution, now turn our back on that very oath? Do we now turn against the very same people that entrusted us with a most sacred duty to serve and protect them? If in fact we follow a rule of law such as this bill enacts, it would mean that the oath that we all took meant nothing. We are obliged to follow all lawful orders given to us, but we cannot do this blindly.

Anybody have any links/stories of actual public servants that actually and actively respect citizens rights? I know there are many out there who do, but so seldom do they get heard of, or from.

Feel free to chime in! Only costs 2 cyber pennies to do so.

oliverclotheshoff

my uncle worls for the juneau county sherrifs dept and he told me one time when i was at his house he and most of his fellow workers understand and have no problem with armed citizens