• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Props to the Elmore County Sheriff's Department

ManInBlack

While I definitely don't shy away from posting about law enforcement abuses, I would equally like to give credit where credit is due. I was out today north of Mountain Home scouting coyote hunting spots, and trying to find the turnoff onto the Goodale Cutoff of the Oregon Trail when I came across Deputy Larry Plott parked in his SUV at the intersection of Dixie Cutoff and FS 131. I was open carrying both my .357 Mag. and my Camillus fixed-blade cross-draw when I hopped out and approached his driver's side to ask for directions. He was very pleasant and friendly, doing his best to help me out. He didn't say one word about my firearm. As I was leaving, I shook his hand and told him my first name, in case we crossed paths out in the hills again. A super swell guy overall.

Last edited:

DocWalker

While I definitely don't shy away from posting about law enforcement abuses, I would equally like to give credit where credit is due. I was out today north of Mountain Home scouting coyote hunting spots, and trying to find the turnoff onto the Goodale Cutoff of the Oregon Trail when I came across Deputy Larry Plott parked in his SUV at the intersection of Dixie Cutoff and FS 131. I was open carrying both my .357 Mag. and my Camillus fixed-blade cross-draw when I hopped out and approached his driver's side to ask for directions. He was very pleasant and friendly, doing his best to help me out. He didn't say one word about my firearm. As I was leaving, I shook his hand and told him my first name, in case we crossed paths out in the hills again. A super swell guy overall.

I know a lot of the Elmore County Deputies and all of them but one has been great. The one bad apple grabbed an old lady from behind (without reason or warning) and ruffed her up using techniques they teach you in the acadamy to take down big thugs. Then he had the nerve to charge her with resisting arrest and battery on a police officer. It was all caught on his chest camera (except when he turned it off to make a phone call) then he turned it back on. He has a real "I'm better than everyone" complex and should NOT be a deputy.

Other than that I have had great interactions with all of them.