• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Augusta, ME. Gun Show = No CARRY

scott58dh

----- Original Message -----
To: dipromo@comcast.net
Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2012 3:00 AM
Subject: ccw @ event

Is it acceptable to conceal carry at this event ?

Re: ccw @ event‏
1:32 PM Reply ▼Reply
Sent: Wed 1/11/12 1:32 PM
To: scott58dh

No you cannot. Our insurance requires all firearms must be unloaded.
Pat

SFCRetired

Not in Maine, but this gun show business is getting tiresome. I thoroughly dislike having to unholster, unload, and let some moron zip tie my weapon. I call them "moron" because the last couple of guys had no earthly idea what they were doing and I had to zip tie the weapon myself.

I don't think I'll be going to any gun shows in the foreseeable future because of this. About the only thing that is cheaper at the gun shows around here is some of the ammunition.

carsontech

Activist Member
----- Original Message -----
To: dipromo@comcast.net
Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2012 3:00 AM
Subject: ccw @ event

Is it acceptable to conceal carry at this event ?

Re: ccw @ event‏
1:32 PM Reply ▼Reply
Sent: Wed 1/11/12 1:32 PM
To: scott58dh

No you cannot. Our insurance requires all firearms must be unloaded.
Pat

I've never heard of a show where you could carry loaded firearm. At least, that's my experience here in SC and surrounding states.

Are loaded firearms in gun shows usually accepted around your parts?

Last edited: