• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Introductions =)

Mark Whatsitworthtou

Hello Gentleman and Ladies if present. I thought I would stop by and say hello. I can say that I have never carried other then long gun hunting or shooting practice. But I have seriously considered it. My experiences seeing people open carry has been a little concerning but have put in my mind and agreed with the option of carry. I'm here to better educate myself prior to cc or oc ( most likely cc) as I am not one who really wants to be noticed. and I myself notice Oc and often enough Cc. What triggered the desire to carry. Well one evening Driving home I saw a Van pulled over side of I-90 at mp 200, it was Dark about 930 pm I stopped to see if they needed any help maybe just some headlights and a spotter to change a tire ( I did that fairly often )I stopped my truck about 150' back with the flashers and high beams on, got out of my truck and walked towards them. I was about 25' away and to my surprise a I saw two males huffing gas from the fuel port. ( they never even saw me ) This Scared the living hell out of me. here I am in the middle of nowhere very little traffic and I just walked up on two guys who are flying high. I walked very quickly back to my truck. The two men never knew I was there. or paid no attention or concern.

The only laws that I currently know are the Wdfwl cc rule.

But thats all for now.

Mark.

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
Welcome to the forum, Mark! Glad to have you.

My first suggestion is to read the FAQs that are stickied at the top of this forum. That should answer a great many of your questions.

Secondly, try to attend some OC meets in your area. You'll see those on here on a fairly regular basis. We have them around the Puget Sound area about 3 weekends a month. AND if there isn't one in your area, you can always do it yourself. Just post a date, time, and place. Most likely, SOMEONE will show up.

Thirdly, don't take the people on here too seriously. Most of us know what we're talking about most of the time, BUT we all get it wrong from time to time.

Fourth, if you quote a law/rule/regulation, etc always cite your sources. If you don't remember the source, say so. Maybe someone else will be able to find it or remember it. Never state opinion as fact on here. People will pin your ears back for you.

Now, have fun! :lol:

fire suppressor

Welcome Mark glad to gave you on the forum! If you plan to CC my first bit of advice is to go get your concealed pistol permit or cpl. You can get them at your local police station and many of them will laminate it and give it to you the same day. Your cpl is required not only to legally CC but also to legally have a loaded hand gun in your car. Don't be afraid to ask questions that how you learn. I am glad you are thinking about carrying, I'm not one of those guys who thinks everyone should OC what I think is important to me is we have many people carrying as we can

Mark Whatsitworthtou

Thanks Gentleman

As for meeting up with groups it will have to be in the Spokane area as I am sure there isn't many people in between Moses lake and Spokane on here.

FMCDH

Welcome to the forum Mark,

As Bookman suggested, take a read (or two or three) through the FAQ, and especially the related RCWs, then start asking questions if ya got em. I would also suggest the use of the search function if you have a question on a specific topic, or even just combing a few pages back in the threads.

Once you start posting, just remember to keep your flame suite handy and your thick skin on. ;)

O, and thank you for using spell check!! :D

Mutters to himself...its built into every modern browser people...not that hard to use....grumble grumble...

Last edited:

Mark Whatsitworthtou

O, and thank you for using spell check!! :D

Mutters to himself...its built into every modern browser people...not that hard to use....grumble grumble...

Now I'm checking :lol: Drives me nuts my wife still uses Ie and it does not have spell check or red lines for misspelled words or run together.

Items I will be searching out is proper conduct when a leo does a traffic stop. ( last thing I want is a leo messing his panties as I reach for my wallet while on my bike. )

FMCDH

hermannr

RCW 9.41 is your friend. Read it, study it, learn it... nice summary and links at opencarry.org/wa.html and handgunlaw.us.

Have fun. Nervous Nellys are noticed, others you actualy have to look for. CPL's generally do not take long to obtain over here on the dry side, and will keep you from having to do the unload dance when you get in your vehicle. OC is a fine way to travel, but sometimes it is cold enough you need a coat..

amzbrady

Hello Gentleman and Ladies if present. I thought I would stop by and say hello. I can say that I have never carried other then long gun hunting or shooting practice. But I have seriously considered it. My experiences seeing people open carry has been a little concerning but have put in my mind and agreed with the option of carry. I'm here to better educate myself prior to cc or oc ( most likely cc) as I am not one who really wants to be noticed. and I myself notice Oc and often enough Cc. What triggered the desire to carry. Well one evening Driving home I saw a Van pulled over side of I-90 at mp 200, it was Dark about 930 pm I stopped to see if they needed any help maybe just some headlights and a spotter to change a tire ( I did that fairly often )I stopped my truck about 150' back with the flashers and high beams on, got out of my truck and walked towards them. I was about 25' away and to my surprise a I saw two males huffing gas from the fuel port. ( they never even saw me ) This Scared the living hell out of me. here I am in the middle of nowhere very little traffic and I just walked up on two guys who are flying high. I walked very quickly back to my truck. The two men never knew I was there. or paid no attention or concern.

The only laws that I currently know are the Wdfwl cc rule.

But thats all for now.

Mark.

First off, welcome Mark.

You may have walked up on the first of the zombie apocolypse, I've heard rotten brains at times, can smell like gas. Or maybe it is brains on gas smell like gas???

Anyway, it is good to see someone come on and educate themselfs first before carrying, rather then coming here to post a confrontation and not knowing what to do.