• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How to respond to a LEO while OC'ing/Regustration question.

FTG-05

Normally, I would not respond to a post, such as this, but I feel as if I should. Gutshot is like me, old. We both use a larger font because it is easier to read. I have to enlarge most postings so that I can see them more clearly. So, If the font size bothers you, stay in Alabama and read the postings there. Thank you.

There's no excuse for this type of response. I asked quietly, respectfully and stated why I asked. I even said "please" twice. All caps posters are routinely asked to remove the all caps from their posts due to it's "shouting" format. Going up 2-3 sizes in font does the same thing. And, as one poster already stated, it's not necessary, just adjust your browser settings.

If someone has eye problems, then the need for larger font is entirely understandable - being rude to explain it, isn't.

09jisaac

so much for the southern hospitality i experienced while living there...

wabbit

People just read too much into the situation. I actually would rather him have his font bigger because it sets it apart from others, I can just read the content and don't have to keep checking who posted it. I don't understand why people get butt-hurt over something as trivial as a larger font.

FTG-05

This is your third post on this minor and unimportant issue. If this bothers you, I suspect you will not be happy in this forum. I, for one, do not intend to change my posting habits to conform to your standards or those of anyone else. If it offends you I suggest you not read my post or use the ignore button. Thank you for your advice even though it was not asked for or followed.

First, I only posted twice about this previous to this post (this is the third one).

Secondly, your font size neither bothers me nor offends me in any way. It was a simple request, politely and respectfully offered for reasons I've already explained - twice. If you need a bigger font size to see, good for you; especially if the alternative is that you can't use the forum - you may want to review my first sentence in my first post in this thread as to why I say that.

Lastly, I'm very happy with this forum and with the vast majority of the posts I read, regardless of the specific forum locations - I use the "New Posts" link, that way I see what's the latest across the entire board. Absent this minor distraction, I've enjoyed this thread and what I've learned from it - something I've come to expect from OCDO.

Have a nice day.

Jbale22

I think we are all off subject, we are all here for the same reason, knowledge and spreading knowledge of our rights. We are all on the same team, I don't think there were any hostile posts here I simply think that the larger, bolded, or even all caps words are used for emphasis so important words aren't overlooked.

DrakeZ07

I think we are all off subject, we are all here for the same reason, knowledge and spreading knowledge of our rights. We are all on the same team, I don't think there were any hostile posts here I simply think that the larger, bolded, or even all caps words are used for emphasis so important words aren't overlooked.

*bops you with a newspaper* Go sit in the corner for drudging up old topics :/