• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

5 guns stolen on 1/11/12 during daylight burglary

smokin'

Hi All,
I joined this forum this morning specifically for this reason, the guys at CoGunOwners suggested I post my stolen firearms here so you can help me look out for them.

My back door was bashed in yesterday, my entire house ransacked. The house was a complete disaster. 5 guns were taken, but they didn't touch my television or my computer, or anything else. Didn't try to get into the garage, took an ATV key that was hanging inside but dropped it outside in the snow.

I am devastated. 4 of the guns were willed to me by my father when he died a few years back, and they are all I have left of him. As such, I only have a serial number on one of the pieces, but I am going to work like hell today to see if I can obtain my dad's records to get the others.

The most identifiable gun that was stolen was my Smith & Wesson Model 66 .357 revolver. It has been smithed by Cylinder and Slide, and contains their logo on the side of the frame. It's brushed stainless, has neon sights, green in the back, red up front. Hogue grips. Serial number 9K74909. Was inside a grey zipped padded pistol case. Here are a few pictures of that gun:
The357.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/...n82/The357.jpg
The357sights.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/...e357sights.jpg

My father's guns that were stolen were all rifles. The one dearest to me was a Ruger 7mm mag bolt action with optics and wooden stock with a crisscross design carved into the wood. The optics were off brand Japanese or Korean. Was stolen along with a nice black rifle case.

Here is a picture of me with the rifle:
The7mmmag.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/.../The7mmmag.jpg

Also stolen:
.50 cal winchester muzzleloader with camouflage wrap. Bolt action..matching green strap. Here is a picture of that gun, next to the 7mm mag. This one was inside one of those hard side ATV gun cases that open at one end.
DSCF5164.jpg
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/...2/DSCF5164.jpg.
You can see the design carved into the wood on the Ruger in this photo.

.22 Remington rifle with optics, wooden stock. Used a thin magazine, was inside a grey rifle case with a yellow Colorado sticker on the outside.

12 gauge Charles Daly shotgun, single barrel. Was camoflage wrapped similarly to the Winchester. This gun I may have hopes of getting the serial number for, as it was purchased after the new gun laws took effect.

I appreciate any and all help seeing these guns ever again. I would also appreciate if these people are caught. One of my neighbors saw this all happening and did nothing to stop it. Gave a vague description of a white or hispanic guy 5'11 possibly 6' and he and possibly others drove away in a dark-colored older SUV.

Thank you. - Lisa

Last edited:

PistolPackingMomma

Sorry to hear this! Be sure to notify the local pawnshops, and keep an eye on websites like Craigslist, gunbroker.com and armslist.com.

Hope you get your guns back!!!

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Welcome! Sorry that you joined the forum under such sad circumstances. May we assume that the break-in was reported to the police? If so, could you give us the contact information in case anyone has information.

Last edited:

Motofixxer

Yep not a bad reminder to keep some sort of list of your arms with #'s, so in a similar unfortunate event...there is some possibility of identification. The arms are replaceable, the emotional ties are not, sorry to hear.

smokin'

Welcome! Sorry that you joined the forum under such sad circumstances. May we assume that the break-in was reported to the police? If so, could you give us the contact information in case anyone has information.

I called the police immediately, even before I went in the house to check to see what was missing. The officer's name is Brian Martinez, and the case number is 12-00450. His email is bmartinez@englewoodgov.org and his number is 303-762-2438.