Thread: Now that it is confirmed that we are being watched...

Now that it is confirmed that we are being watched...

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/techn...k-times/47300/

When I first read the story above, I was very outraged and a bit worried.

Then I thought about it and figured, well, if I am on a "List", and standing up for Rights and speaking my mind got me put on a list, then so be it.

I have done nothing illegal and I am not worried. I will continue to speak my mind and vote my conscious.

What do y'all think? Anyone worried?

Hang on, brb, there's two guys in suits at my door....

Being on a watch list is largely harmless. It's why the list exists and what they plan on doing with it that is the concern.

Off the top of my head this would be the second list for me. I'm already on a Terrorist Watch List for being a Veteran.
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

Isn't it great to know our tax dollars go to a DHS agent playing Farmville?

Seriously though, even though this isn't surprising, it is still maddening. Monitoring us for our own protection....

Quote Originally Posted by PistolPackingMomma View Post
    Farmville is so last year. All the super duper alphabet guys are playing Minecraft now.

"collect information used in providing situational awareness and establishing a common operating picture."

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/techn...k-times/47300/

Basically, they are using an algorithmic program to to sift through provided situational awareness (Facebook posts, OC posts, stuff we willfully post, and provide for consumption on the internet, a public domain!), and constructing a model of relationships amongst individuals, and the groups they interact with.

I am sure they are also developing probability models that lead them into focusing on specific individuals, and groups of individuals who interact on the internet.

Much of this stuff they are engaged in is derived from pages such as Facebook who use algorithm programs to link all of its users to one another. This is nothing more than a Government Facebook, except, unlike Facebook where you have to sign up, you are 'discovered' and made a member.

This type of data mining is going to become more sophisticated, and there will be complex models formed for all of us. It's pretty damn freaky if you think about it, that there is a Government agency out there doing this, and that they likely know about you more than you know about yourself, and the individuals you associate with. What is more disturbing than the acts of the Government is that we know it is happening, and we continue putting our lives on the internet. As I stated, this thing is only going to grow.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

Quote Originally Posted by PistolPackingMomma View Post

Seriously though, even though this isn't surprising, it is still maddening. Monitoring us for our own protection....
    That was funny! Definitley gave me a chuckle.
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

"Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Worried, but with a gun at my side.
    One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson to George Washington, 1796.
    If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun. - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).
    Find businesses that are pro gun and those that aren't. Support Friend or Foe by using it!

Quote Originally Posted by rscottie View Post
    ...Hang on, brb, there's two guys in suits at my door....
    Enjoy your Cuban vacation.

"My administration will not authorize the indefinite military detention without trial of American citizens … Indeed, I believe that doing so would break with our most important traditions and values as a nation,” President Obama in his signing statement for NDAA 2012.

Yep. I feel so much better.
    Freedom can never be lost, only given away by ignorance, by choice, or at the point of a gun. Here in America we can still choose.

Freedom First 1775

"I aim to misbehave..." Malcolm Reynolds

It is not likely that there is much effort done to figure out what individuals are doing on the internet in general. Government types think of people as groups not individuals, so they want to know what the group is doing.
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Hang on, brb, there's two guys in suits at my door....
    You get the latest copy of the Watchtower and Awake?
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    You get the latest copy of the Watchtower and Awake?
    No? I have not heard of them. Are they Magazines?

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    No? I have not heard of them. Are they Magazines?
    Yea Jehovah witness magazines figured the guys in suits might have had the latest copies.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    yea jehovah witness magazines figured the guys in suits might have had the latest copies.:d
    lol!