Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 46

Thread: Soldier threatened with gun

  1. #1
    Regular Member decklin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Pacific, WA
    Posts
    764

    Soldier threatened with gun

    This happened on Tuesday the 10th. My best friend from the service is still serving. He lives in Tacoma.
    Well, Tuesday night he was on his way home from work when he encountered an eratic driver. This driver came right up on the rear of his vehicle and began tailgating his vehicle to extremes and swerving back and forth with his highbeams on. Not wishing to be in an accident he slowed down and motioned for the other driver to go around. The eratic driver decided not to and then stopped in the middle of the road.
    My friend continued on his way and ran through a very yellow light to increase distance. The eratic driver ran the light and pulled up next to him at the next intersection and pointed a gun at him "gangsta" style and sort of whipping it back and forth. At this time my buddy realized the eratic driver had a child in the car with him. The driver went around him and made the corner and sped off.
    So my buddy followed him until the guy pulled over. My buddy pulled over staying 50 meters back and turned on his highbeams. He started calling 911. The eratic driver got out of his vehicle and pointed the gun at my friend "gangsta" again. My friend stayed right where he was as he wasn't worried about the guy shooting blind into a target 50 meters away with his gun sideways. He gave directions to 911 then when the guy got back in his car my buddy sped up to him, got his plate number and took off.
    The cops know who the guy is and have a bolo for the guy and his car. My buddy is just waiting for the detective to call him in for the ID now.
    The reason I'm posting this is because my buddy is pissed that he was defenseless because of current DOD policy. He is not allowed to be armed with his personal weapon in uniform and these thugs know this. So now he is getting his CPL and just going to transfer his weapon back and forth from his companies armory everday per JBLM policy. At least then he'll have a weapon in the car with him. The Unit is taking this very seriously as the majority of their soldiers live in the same area.
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

  2. #2
    Herr Heckler Koch
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by decklin View Post
    ... The driver went around him and made the corner and sped off.
    So my buddy followed him until the guy pulled over. My buddy pulled over staying 50 meters back and turned on his highbeams. He started calling 911....The reason I'm posting this is because my buddy is pissed that he was defenseless because of current DOD policy.
    Uh huh. Sounds like DoD is on top of this.

  3. #3
    Regular Member MadHatter66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Poulsbo, Kitsap County, Washington, USA
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by decklin View Post
    This happened on Tuesday the 10th. My best friend from the service is still serving. He lives in Tacoma.
    Well, Tuesday night he was on his way home from work when he encountered an eratic driver. This driver came right up on the rear of his vehicle and began tailgating his vehicle to extremes and swerving back and forth with his highbeams on. Not wishing to be in an accident he slowed down and motioned for the other driver to go around. The eratic driver decided not to and then stopped in the middle of the road.
    My friend continued on his way and ran through a very yellow light to increase distance. The eratic driver ran the light and pulled up next to him at the next intersection and pointed a gun at him "gangsta" style and sort of whipping it back and forth. At this time my buddy realized the eratic driver had a child in the car with him. The driver went around him and made the corner and sped off.
    So my buddy followed him until the guy pulled over. My buddy pulled over staying 50 meters back and turned on his highbeams. He started calling 911. The eratic driver got out of his vehicle and pointed the gun at my friend "gangsta" again. My friend stayed right where he was as he wasn't worried about the guy shooting blind into a target 50 meters away with his gun sideways. He gave directions to 911 then when the guy got back in his car my buddy sped up to him, got his plate number and took off.
    The cops know who the guy is and have a bolo for the guy and his car. My buddy is just waiting for the detective to call him in for the ID now.
    The reason I'm posting this is because my buddy is pissed that he was defenseless because of current DOD policy. He is not allowed to be armed with his personal weapon in uniform and these thugs know this. So now he is getting his CPL and just going to transfer his weapon back and forth from his companies armory everday per JBLM policy. At least then he'll have a weapon in the car with him. The Unit is taking this very seriously as the majority of their soldiers live in the same area.
    I think the following him until he pulled over again was the part that gets me. You get put in jeopardy once, then defend yourself, but going back after the guy after he stopped following was reckless, and irresponsible. Get the license plate, call in the vehicle direction, license plate and description of the driver. Even if he did have a gun with him and ended up defending himself the second time he would be in hot water because he put himself back in jeopardy voluntarily. In fact you might say that the "suspect" in this could argue that he was just defending himself from a guy chasing him down and thought that his life was threatened. This has to be about the dumbest thing I have heard about someone doing in a long time...

  4. #4
    Regular Member decklin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Pacific, WA
    Posts
    764
    Quote Originally Posted by MadHatter66 View Post
    I think the following him until he pulled over again was the part that gets me. You get put in jeopardy once, then defend yourself, but going back after the guy after he stopped following was reckless, and irresponsible. Get the license plate, call in the vehicle direction, license plate and description of the driver. Even if he did have a gun with him and ended up defending himself the second time he would be in hot water because he put himself back in jeopardy voluntarily. In fact you might say that the "suspect" in this could argue that he was just defending himself from a guy chasing him down and thought that his life was threatened. This has to be about the dumbest thing I have heard about someone doing in a long time...
    He was some distance back. And he followed him to get the license plate number. I had asked him about the same thing and he told me he did it specifically because there was a child involved.
    Last edited by decklin; 01-12-2012 at 05:34 PM.
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

  5. #5
    Regular Member MadHatter66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Poulsbo, Kitsap County, Washington, USA
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by decklin View Post
    He was some distance back. And he followed him to get the license plate number. I had asked him about the same thing and he told me he did it specifically because there was a child involved.
    That is akin to someone following me because I OC because I have my niece with me, and they don't like OC. The look at it as the child is in danger because I have a weapon. If anything it puts the child in danger because now the guy starts driving more erratically or even shooting because of the "guy following him." Now the bullets flying are a DIRECT RESULT of your friend that followed him.

  6. #6
    Regular Member decklin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Pacific, WA
    Posts
    764
    Quote Originally Posted by MadHatter66 View Post
    That is akin to someone following me because I OC because I have my niece with me, and they don't like OC. The look at it as the child is in danger because I have a weapon. If anything it puts the child in danger because now the guy starts driving more erratically or even shooting because of the "guy following him." Now the bullets flying are a DIRECT RESULT of your friend that followed him.
    That's crap and you know it. How does pointing a gun at someone equate to being the same as OC? You say he should have gotten the license plate number. When was he supposed to do that? When the guy was behind him in the dark with his highbeams on? Or maybe when he was next to him with a gun pointing at his face? Or maybe it was when the guy whipped around the corner and sped off. He got the license plate doing the only thing he could. He kept his distance and only got as close as he needed to in order to see the plate and then turned around and left.
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Long gone
    Posts
    2,575
    Decklin

    You do realize that your buddy turned into the aggressor as soon as the 1st contact was broken and he followed/chased the guy.

    MadHatter66 is 100% correct that was none too bright.

    Highbeams will not stop a bullet.

    Why use "gangsta", oh thats right its cool.

  8. #8
    Regular Member decklin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Pacific, WA
    Posts
    764
    Quote Originally Posted by Orphan View Post
    Decklin

    You do realize that your buddy turned into the aggressor as soon as the 1st contact was broken and he followed/chased the guy.

    MadHatter66 is 100% correct that was none too bright.

    Highbeams will not stop a bullet.

    Why use "gangsta", oh thats right its cool.
    Wow. You're right, Orphan. I used "gangsta" 'cause I wanted to be cool. It mattered so much that Orphan thought I was cool. It couldn't possibly be that I used it to describe the way he was holding the weapon sideways like a tool. No, I specifically used it so Orphan would think I was cool. Just change your name to Troll.
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    19
    Don't worry about it Decklin its peoples personal opinions as far as the reason behind your friend doing it I personally completely agree the next time he did that it could be someone who does not care for a child's safety and cause a possible gun battle to erupt and/or accident if I see anything I say or do something about it that is just the mentality I have, if there's a child involved and its something that could endanger the child the situation will end in a very swift and powerful manner, your friend did the right thing by notifying the police.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Long gone
    Posts
    2,575
    Quote Originally Posted by decklin View Post
    Wow. You're right, Orphan. I used "gangsta" 'cause I wanted to be cool. It mattered so much that Orphan thought I was cool. It couldn't possibly be that I used it to describe the way he was holding the weapon sideways like a tool. No, I specifically used it so Orphan would think I was cool. Just change your name to Troll.
    Decklin Really, Troll really, I suppose if thats the best you can do........................ rather than discuss the other points, I guess that is the easy way out for you.

    You could have simply said gangster style but no you had to put it in quotes and spell it Gangsta, what other reason would you have done that other than for the attention.

    If you listen you might learn something, I dont believe you will though.

    Please slow down and learn before you get into trouble.

    I get the impression you are young and as is typical of young people you will learn the hard way rather than by observing and learning from more experianced people that have been there done that.

    I will leave you alone from now on, good luck.

  11. #11
    Regular Member decklin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Pacific, WA
    Posts
    764
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownC6 View Post
    Don't worry about it Decklin its peoples personal opinions as far as the reason behind your friend doing it I personally completely agree the next time he did that it could be someone who does not care for a child's safety and cause a possible gun battle to erupt and/or accident if I see anything I say or do something about it that is just the mentality I have, if there's a child involved and its something that could endanger the child the situation will end in a very swift and powerful manner, your friend did the right thing by notifying the police.
    I think Madhatter just misunderstood the original post. He was courteous the whole time. I was in a hurry when I wrote it so it doesn't represent the situation as clearly as I would like. Really, the only reason my friend followed was because of the kid. And he is fully aware of the difference between cover and concealment. They sort of cover that in training for Infantrymen. He figured that at 50 meters (apprx 165ft) it was very unlikely for him to get shot in the head when the guy could not see where he was in the vehicle while sitting behind the engine of the vehicle.
    It was the cool comment by Orphan I didn't like. That is the second time he has done something like that.
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Long gone
    Posts
    2,575
    Double tap
    Last edited by Jeff Hayes; 01-12-2012 at 08:40 PM.

  13. #13
    Campaign Veteran gogodawgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Federal Way, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,666
    Quote Originally Posted by MadHatter66 View Post
    I think the following him until he pulled over again was the part that gets me. You get put in jeopardy once, then defend yourself, but going back after the guy after he stopped following was reckless, and irresponsible. Get the license plate, call in the vehicle direction, license plate and description of the driver. Even if he did have a gun with him and ended up defending himself the second time he would be in hot water because he put himself back in jeopardy voluntarily. In fact you might say that the "suspect" in this could argue that he was just defending himself from a guy chasing him down and thought that his life was threatened. This has to be about the dumbest thing I have heard about someone doing in a long time...
    Quote Originally Posted by decklin View Post
    That's crap and you know it. How does pointing a gun at someone equate to being the same as OC? You say he should have gotten the license plate number. When was he supposed to do that? When the guy was behind him in the dark with his highbeams on? Or maybe when he was next to him with a gun pointing at his face? Or maybe it was when the guy whipped around the corner and sped off. He got the license plate doing the only thing he could. He kept his distance and only got as close as he needed to in order to see the plate and then turned around and left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orphan View Post
    Decklin

    You do realize that your buddy turned into the aggressor as soon as the 1st contact was broken and he followed/chased the guy.

    MadHatter66 is 100% correct that was none too bright.

    Highbeams will not stop a bullet.

    Why use "gangsta", oh thats right its cool.
    MadHatter and Orphan, I completely agree with your assessment.
    Live Free or Die!

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bremerton, Washington, USA
    Posts
    226
    Decklin, based on your description, I say your friend handled it very well. Even went the extra mile by following at a distance to get a plate number and calling it in. Were I required to check my weapon everyday to get to work, so that I could be armed in my vehicle, then I would. Is this not just the 'it could never happen to me' scenario that warrants a weapons utility? Fortunately, the cell phone was the only tool needed.

    @MadHatter66 - Pointing a gun at someone threateningly is akin to someones perception of OC? What are you smoking? Sometimes a situation calls for being 'aggressive', but I hardly think what Decklins friend did was 'aggressive'. Furthermore, the 'what-if' scenarios cut both ways. Problem arises, problem evaded. By calling it in, problem quite possibly solved.

  15. #15
    Regular Member decklin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Pacific, WA
    Posts
    764
    Quote Originally Posted by Orphan View Post
    Decklin Really, Troll really, I suppose if thats the best you can do........................ rather than discuss the other points, I guess that is the easy way out for you.

    You could have simply said gangster style but no you had to put it in quotes and spell it Gangsta, what other reason would you have done that other than for the attention.

    If you listen you might learn something, I dont believe you will though.

    Please slow down and learn before you get into trouble.

    I get the impression you are young and as is typical of young people you will learn the hard way rather than by observing and learning from more experianced people that have been there done that.

    I will leave you alone from now on, good luck.
    Orphan, I spelled gangster the way I did and with quotations to attribute the way it is portrayed in rap songs/on t.v. It is not a word I personally use. I was not trying to get attention. By nature I tend to be a very private person.
    I did not address the other points because I didn't see a problem. People are allowed a difference of opinion. If we all thought the same life would be pretty boring and I would never learn anything. If you or anyone thinks the situation with the driver could or should have been handled differently you have every right, and with your experience, a responsibility to educate others with what you think.
    As for the Troll insult I apologize. That was juvenile of me and should not have happened.
    I do not wish for you to leave me alone and hope you would not. I am sure you're opinion on this and any following matters would be highly valued.
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

  16. #16
    Regular Member trevorthebusdriver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Kent, Washington, USA
    Posts
    592
    !
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by trevorthebusdriver View Post
    !
    +2 love the popcorn smiley

    As for the op The use of the word gangsta was used in proper context imho

    Now boys go change the channel and play with your guns ( sheesh so much testosterone )
    Last edited by Mark Whatsitworthtou; 01-13-2012 at 12:48 AM.

  18. #18
    Campaign Veteran OlGutshotWilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Snohomish, WA, ,
    Posts
    435
    Quote Originally Posted by Orphan View Post
    Decklin

    You do realize that your buddy turned into the aggressor as soon as the 1st contact was broken and he followed/chased the guy.

    MadHatter66 is 100% correct that was none too bright.

    Highbeams will not stop a bullet.

    Why use "gangsta", oh thats right its cool.
    Orphan,
    I have to disagree with you on your assessment of the term Gangster vs "Gangsta style". Maybe it's my age, but if he had said Gangster, the first picture that comes to mind is the classic 20's/30's gangster with Tommy gun in hand.

    His description of "Gangsta style" painted the absolute perfect picture in my head of the cocky gang banger with the handgun tipped 90 degrees to the ground in a one handed posture.

    All else aside, it was the right description to use and I think your comment was out of line. It was also clearly added as a personal insult.

    Over the years I've been reading this forum, one thing has been very clear to me, and that is when someone posts actual real occurrences of events they usually get beat up on and torn apart. Yet we seem tolerate pages and pages of "hypotheticals" on here ad nauseum.

    None the less, I always learn good things from the real occurrences vs the imaginary stories.

    It is also interesting to see how Decklin is taking a nasty bloody beating for things his buddy did, as opposed to having a civil discussion of the pro's and con's of his buddies actions.
    THE SECOND AMENDMENT: Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Government is not reason; it is not eloquent -- it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
    --George Washington,
    first U.S. president

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Long gone
    Posts
    2,575
    Quote Originally Posted by OlGutshotWilly View Post
    Orphan,
    I have to disagree with you on your assessment of the term Gangster vs "Gangsta style". His description of "Gangsta style" painted the absolute perfect picture in my head of the cocky gang banger with the handgun tipped 90 degrees to the ground in a one handed posture.



    It was also clearly added as a personal insult.


    Over the years I've been reading this forum, one thing has been very clear to me, and that is when someone posts actual real occurrences of events they usually get beat up on and torn apart. Yet we seem tolerate pages and pages of "hypotheticals" on here ad nauseum.


    None the less, I always learn good things from the real occurrences vs the imaginary stories.

    It is also interesting to see how Decklin is taking a nasty bloody beating for things his buddy did, as opposed to having a civil discussion of the pro's and con's of his buddies actions.

    Your opinion is as valid as mine.


    No that was just a statement, if I were to personally insult Decklin it would have been a whole lot more interesting trust me.

    Real actual occurrences are how we learn what to do and what not to do. We all learn by discussing it and guess what we will all have different opinions and different angles to point out, that is not getting beat up or torn apart. It is simply a lot of folks putting in their .02 worth. I have to disagree with you here

    I have to agree with you here, thats why we post and discuss isnt it, or have I been missing something here all this time.

    What was uncivil were MadHatter66, Gogodawgs and my comments uncivil, I dont think so, you are free to think differently. My biggest concern is/was that his buddy & Decklin as well as anyone else learn that he/they could end up in a real bad place if he continues the chase people after the fact. All kinds of people read these forums, a lot of the younger less experianced folks might think Decklin's story was pretty cool, I know I would have in my early 20s, and do the same thing and end up hurt or in cuffs or worse.

    The "gangsta style" in parenthesis struck me wrong and I expressed my opinion of that, nothing more nothing less.
    Last edited by Jeff Hayes; 01-13-2012 at 09:56 AM.

  20. #20
    Regular Member amlevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North of Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,953
    Quote Originally Posted by Orphan View Post

    I get the impression you are young and as is typical of young people you will learn the hard way rather than by observing and learning from more experianced people that have been there done that.
    Orphan, don't you know that most learn by "observing and learning from more experienced people" but for some reason there are those in every generation that "Just have to P!$$ ON THE FENCE" for themselves. It's always been that way and probably always will.

    Just like a similar post with almost the same type story, I wonder what happened before the story picked up? What happened to provoke the encounter to begin with?
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

    "If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Long gone
    Posts
    2,575
    Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    Orphan, don't you know that most learn by "observing and learning from more experienced people" but for some reason there are those in every generation that "Just have to P!$$ ON THE FENCE" for themselves. It's always been that way and probably always will.

    Just like a similar post with almost the same type story, I wonder what happened before the story picked up? What happened to provoke the encounter to begin with?
    +1 my bad LOL

  22. #22
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Orphan View Post
    Your opinion is as valid as mine.


    No that was just a statement, if I were to personally insult Decklin it would have been a whole lot more interesting trust me.

    Real actual occurrences are how we learn what to do and what not to do. We all learn by discussing it and guess what we will all have different opinions and different angles to point out, that is not getting beat up or torn apart. It is simply a lot of folks putting in their .02 worth. I have to disagree with you here

    I have to agree with you here, thats why we post and discuss isnt it, or have I been missing something here all this time.

    What was uncivil were MadHatter66, Gogodawgs and my comments uncivil, I dont think so, you are free to think differently. My biggest concern is/was that his buddy & Decklin as well as anyone else learn that he/they could end up in a real bad place if he continues the chase people after the fact. All kinds of people read these forums, a lot of the younger less experianced folks might think Decklin's story was pretty cool, I know I would have in my early 20s, and do the same thing and end up hurt or in cuffs or worse.

    The "gangsta style" in parenthesis struck me wrong and I expressed my opinion of that, nothing more nothing less.
    +1

    I understood his "gangsta" comment though sometimes when you write you do so in order for others to envision what you saw or experienced. And often we don't realize how others see that comment, I am glad Decklin clarified, something he wouldn't have done unless you questioned it so I am also glad you questioned it.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  23. #23
    Regular Member DocWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Mountain Home, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    1,968
    Quote Originally Posted by MadHatter66 View Post
    That is akin to someone following me because I OC because I have my niece with me, and they don't like OC. The look at it as the child is in danger because I have a weapon. If anything it puts the child in danger because now the guy starts driving more erratically or even shooting because of the "guy following him." Now the bullets flying are a DIRECT RESULT of your friend that followed him.
    I agree with Deklin on this that you can't compare a LEGALLY carried holstered weapon on a LAW ABIDING citizen to someone that is so mentally unstable as to pull his weapon and point it at someone. If someone is just going about his buisness with a holstered pistol and their children then I think he loves his family enough to protect them, but if I see someone with a child that is waving a pistol around and foaming at the mouth then I get concerned for the childs safety.

  24. #24
    Regular Member decklin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Pacific, WA
    Posts
    764
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    +1

    I understood his "gangsta" comment though sometimes when you write you do so in order for others to envision what you saw or experienced. And often we don't realize how others see that comment, I am glad Decklin clarified, something he wouldn't have done unless you questioned it so I am also glad you questioned it.
    Very true. As far as something provoking the incident my buddy had said to the best of his knowledge he did not do anything. Who knows. Sometimes people just go off without really needing a reason.
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

  25. #25
    Regular Member DocWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Mountain Home, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    1,968
    Quote Originally Posted by Orphan View Post
    Your opinion is as valid as mine.


    No that was just a statement, if I were to personally insult Decklin it would have been a whole lot more interesting trust me.

    Real actual occurrences are how we learn what to do and what not to do. We all learn by discussing it and guess what we will all have different opinions and different angles to point out, that is not getting beat up or torn apart. It is simply a lot of folks putting in their .02 worth. I have to disagree with you here

    I have to agree with you here, thats why we post and discuss isnt it, or have I been missing something here all this time.

    What was uncivil were MadHatter66, Gogodawgs and my comments uncivil, I dont think so, you are free to think differently. My biggest concern is/was that his buddy & Decklin as well as anyone else learn that he/they could end up in a real bad place if he continues the chase people after the fact. All kinds of people read these forums, a lot of the younger less experianced folks might think Decklin's story was pretty cool, I know I would have in my early 20s, and do the same thing and end up hurt or in cuffs or worse.

    The "gangsta style" in parenthesis struck me wrong and I expressed my opinion of that, nothing more nothing less.
    I agree that we should be civil to each other as we are all on the same side of the street when it comes to our right to OC/CC.

    I think what Deklins friend did was appropriate as we have to many people closing their eye and saying "it isn't my problem" only to hear on the 10 o'clock new of a childs body being found and later finding out it was the little girl in the car with this mentally unstable gun wielding psyco.

    I can also see other view points about the issue and to follow or not but that is up to each individual to decide when they are faced with a situation like this. I know when I was in simulair situations like being shot at I reacted and didn't make a concious decision a few of the times or I would have done something different (maybe).

    As for the whole gangsta thing, I think it is stupid to fight over how a word is spelled. Me being older I found gangsta to be right on and immediatly got the picture. Gangster I woud have pictured Al Capone or Buggs Malone....maybe Johnney Dangerously.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •