• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SB 379: Firearms transfers; penalties

VaGunTrader

obviously a law we can't afford to allow to pass.

When we figure out how to squash this let me know what needs to be done. If need be I'll rally the 10,000+ members of the VaGunTrader website to make some noise.

PM me if I can help.

va_tazdad

Dandy Don Spewing again!

Wasn't Dandy Don McEachin one of the individuals that stated it would be a Wild West if guns were allowed in restaurants that sold alcohol?

Seems he never tires of looking foolish or being wrong.

Maybe he is shooting to beat Saslaw's record.

va_tazdad

What's next?

What better way to slip a gun control measure in under the radar.

What do you bet he's just being Obama's tool?

Will he be requiring all private used car sales to go through a car dealer? Is he going to propose legislation for background checks to buy a used car to make sure terrorists don't buy it?

Everybody knows cars kill more people than guns.

How did this communist get elected in the first place?

mk4

sb379 is on the coj docket for tomorrow.
let's hope it dies a quick death.

Marco

whats the status of this proposed bill?

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?121+vot+S03V0103+SB0379

02/01/12 Senate: Passed by indefinitely in Courts of Justice (8-Y 6-N)

YEAS--Norment, Obenshain, McDougle, Stuart, Vogel, Stanley, Reeves, Garrett--8.
NAYS--Saslaw, Marsh, Howell, Edwards, Puller, McEachin--6.
ABSTENTIONS--0.

And where can we view the status of all of the proposed bills?

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?121+men+BIL

there's also VCDL's legislative tracking tool

Snazuolu

so unless you're a dealer, you cant sell at gun shows any longer huh. sooo the way to beat them at their own game would be we all become dealers??

TFred

so unless you're a dealer, you cant sell at gun shows any longer huh. sooo the way to beat them at their own game would be we all become dealers??
No, the bill, which would have prohibited ALL private sales, was "Passed by indefinitely", which means that it will receive no further action, and thus, is dead.

TFred

Glockster

No, the bill, which would have prohibited ALL private sales, was "Passed by indefinitely", which means that it will receive no further action, and thus, is dead.

TFred

Another one bites the dust....

:banana::banana::monkey:banana::banana:

TFred

At least for this session...
Prohibiting private sales seems to be one of the anti-gunners' poster children, so they very well may try again next year. However for most of this year's losses, they will probably not try again until the year after. During "short sessions" (odd numbered years) each legislator is more strictly limited on the number of bills they may submit, and with no significant change in the make-up of the bodies, there should be no logical reason to think the outcome would be any different.

Case in point, several of the good "pro-gun" bills that were killed two years ago were not introduced last year, for these same reasons.

TFred