Thread: Virginia Senate Courts of Justice

Virginia Senate Courts of Justice

Here are the committee members:

Norment (Chairman), Saslaw, Marsh, Howell, Lucas, Edwards, Puller, Obenshain, McDougle, McEachin, Stuart, Vogel, Stanley, Reeves, Garrett

Looks like we'll still have to endure the whining of Saslaw and Marsh, but hopefully they will at least get outvoted virtually all the time.

TFred

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    Here are the committee members:

Norment (Chairman), Saslaw, Marsh, Howell, Lucas, Edwards, Puller, Obenshain, McDougle, McEachin, Stuart, Vogel, Stanley, Reeves, Garrett

Looks like we'll still have to endure the whining of Saslaw and Marsh, but hopefully they will at least get outvoted virtually all the time.

TFred
    I was in Obenshain's office yesterday. He's an old family friend. His Legislative adviser is sharp as a tack and said both the Agriculture Committee (which I've been feuding with for years) and Courts, will be different Committees this year.

91 bills in front of both the house and senate courts of justice committees.

Founder's Club Member
    I'll be interested to see Garrett's performance in this crew as he's the senator for the Lynchburg area if I recall correctly. Since I'm officially not inside Lynchburg, but am a Campbell Co. resident I still have Steve Newman as my senator.

Wrong Garrett!!

Quote Originally Posted by jmelvin View Post
    I'll be interested to see Garrett's performance in this crew as he's the senator for the Lynchburg area if I recall correctly. Since I'm officially not inside Lynchburg, but am a Campbell Co. resident I still have Steve Newman as my senator.
    NO!

This is Tom Garrett, and he is our friend.

The other dude is Scott Garrett. He is a friend of the police and prosecutors.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Repeater View Post
    NO!

This is Tom Garrett, and he is our friend.

The other dude is Scott Garrett. He is a friend of the police and prosecutors.
    NO? What do you mean no? I'm talking about Tom Garrett as mentioned as a committee member of the Virginia Senate Courts of Justice. I've not said anything about Scott Garrett, because he's not in the senate and I know what his ilk is.

Both Garretts represent varying portions of the Lynchburg area, but in the different branches of the legislature. Scott Garrett is the Republican goon delegate who replaced Democrat Shannon Valentine in the House of Delegates. Tom Garrett is the Republican senator for a portion of the Lynchburg area that was previously represented by Steve Newman, but also including areas toward Appomattox and Farmville.

It will still be interesting to see how he votes as he is new and untested in this role.

http://apps.lis.virginia.gov/sfb1/Se...le.aspx?id=251
    Last edited by jmelvin; 01-12-2012 at 05:44 PM.

NO? What do you mean no? I'm talking about Tom Garrett as mentioned as a committee member of the Virginia Senate Courts of Justice. I've not said anything about Scott Garrett, because he's not in the senate and I know what his ilk is.

Both Garretts represent varying portions of the Lynchburg area, but in the different branches of the legislature. Scott Garrett is the Republican goon delegate who replaced Democrat Shannon Valentine in the House of Delegates. Tom Garrett is the Republican senator for a portion of the Lynchburg area that was previously represented by Steve Newman, but also including areas toward Appomattox and Farmville.

It will still be interesting to see how he votes as he is new and untested in this role.

Oh okay. I neglected the consequences of Gerrymandering.

If Senate districts were COMPACT, there would be no confusion.

Founder's Club Member
    Dat's cool.

22nd District
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amherst County (All); Appomattox County (All); Buckingham County (All); Cumberland County (All); Fluvanna County (All); Goochland County (All); Louisa County (Part); Lynchburg City (Part); Prince Edward County (All)