• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Virginia Senate Courts of Justice

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Here are the committee members:

Norment (Chairman), Saslaw, Marsh, Howell, Lucas, Edwards, Puller, Obenshain, McDougle, McEachin, Stuart, Vogel, Stanley, Reeves, Garrett

Looks like we'll still have to endure the whining of Saslaw and Marsh, but hopefully they will at least get outvoted virtually all the time.

TFred

I was in Obenshain's office yesterday. He's an old family friend. His Legislative adviser is sharp as a tack and said both the Agriculture Committee (which I've been feuding with for years) and Courts, will be different Committees this year.

mk4

91 bills in front of both the house and senate courts of justice committees.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
I'll be interested to see Garrett's performance in this crew as he's the senator for the Lynchburg area if I recall correctly. Since I'm officially not inside Lynchburg, but am a Campbell Co. resident I still have Steve Newman as my senator.

Repeater

Wrong Garrett!!

I'll be interested to see Garrett's performance in this crew as he's the senator for the Lynchburg area if I recall correctly. Since I'm officially not inside Lynchburg, but am a Campbell Co. resident I still have Steve Newman as my senator.

NO!

This is Tom Garrett, and he is our friend.

The other dude is Scott Garrett. He is a friend of the police and prosecutors.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
NO!

This is Tom Garrett, and he is our friend.

The other dude is Scott Garrett. He is a friend of the police and prosecutors.

NO? What do you mean no? I'm talking about Tom Garrett as mentioned as a committee member of the Virginia Senate Courts of Justice. I've not said anything about Scott Garrett, because he's not in the senate and I know what his ilk is.

Both Garretts represent varying portions of the Lynchburg area, but in the different branches of the legislature. Scott Garrett is the Republican goon delegate who replaced Democrat Shannon Valentine in the House of Delegates. Tom Garrett is the Republican senator for a portion of the Lynchburg area that was previously represented by Steve Newman, but also including areas toward Appomattox and Farmville.

It will still be interesting to see how he votes as he is new and untested in this role.

http://apps.lis.virginia.gov/sfb1/Senate/senatorwebprofile.aspx?id=251

Last edited:

Repeater

NO? What do you mean no? I'm talking about Tom Garrett as mentioned as a committee member of the Virginia Senate Courts of Justice. I've not said anything about Scott Garrett, because he's not in the senate and I know what his ilk is.

Both Garretts represent varying portions of the Lynchburg area, but in the different branches of the legislature. Scott Garrett is the Republican goon delegate who replaced Democrat Shannon Valentine in the House of Delegates. Tom Garrett is the Republican senator for a portion of the Lynchburg area that was previously represented by Steve Newman, but also including areas toward Appomattox and Farmville.

It will still be interesting to see how he votes as he is new and untested in this role.

Oh okay. I neglected the consequences of Gerrymandering.

If Senate districts were COMPACT, there would be no confusion.

67GT390FB

22nd District
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amherst County (All); Appomattox County (All); Buckingham County (All); Cumberland County (All); Fluvanna County (All); Goochland County (All); Louisa County (Part); Lynchburg City (Part); Prince Edward County (All)