Thread: OC Luncheon January 28th Just South of Grand Rapids

OC Luncheon January 28th Just South of Grand Rapids

Michigan Open Carry would like to invite you to attend our Open Carry Luncheon on Saturday January 28th 2012 from 12:30 pm - 2:00pm at Cafe Connection. Cafe Connection is a local restaurant that is welcoming us and supporting our right to bear arms. I spoke with them and they are excited to have us. They actually close at 2:00pm on Saturday but will allow us to remain there until 3:00pm! Please feel free to bring friends.

The OC Lunch will be held at:

Cafe Connection
    7599 Clyde Park Ave SW
    Byron Twp. MI

Saturday January 28th 2012
    12:30pm - 2:00pm

Cafe Connection is located on the North West Corner of 76th Street and Clyde Park Ave. 1/2 Mile West of US131.

Please RSVP no later than Thursday January 26th 2012.

Posted on Facebook. Thank you for setting this up!
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

bump- how do we get this stickied?
    Last edited by Shadow Bear; 01-14-2012 at 10:34 AM.
    'If the people are not ready for the exercise of the non-violence of the brave, they must be ready for the use of force in self defense. There should be no camouflage.....it must never be secret.' MK Gandhi II-146 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)-- Gandhi supports open carry!

'There is nothing more demoralizing than the fake non-violence of the weak and impotent.' MK Gandhi II-153 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)

I reported the OP and asked them to sticky it. Maybe you can do likewise?
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

I'd love to be there, not sure if I'll have the cash to drive up there... Maybe I can carpool with someone from Kzoo and contribute a little gas money??

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by TheQ View Post
    I reported the OP and asked them to sticky it. Maybe you can do likewise?
    Hey Q -
    (Cross promotion is a wonderful concept both here and at MOC).

Maybe you could ask the same for the Warren event.
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...-11-Mile-area)

Any help, helps us all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmOtWyjs8iU

On topic great idea, and hope this event goes very well
    Last edited by Glock9mmOldStyle; 01-15-2012 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Just saying...
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

Regular Member quarter horseman's Avatar
    I will try to make this one, and will conferm the closer we get to that date.

Bump
    This weekend!

to my knowledge i will be in attendance
    ”To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.”
    -George Mason

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqVeXbBdSOQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbD2zsar7Ps
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEqkDABoddM

I previously stated on MGO I would not be there...however I'm car pooling with autosurgeon so I will be there, looking good as usual.
    The worst weapon is the human mind, its created and done things far worse than a gun can, has, or ever will. Its the human mind that tells the gun what to do and animates the inanimate object.

With all these gun control laws in place I have yet to find a single one that has saved someones life, but I can find hundreds of stories where a gun has.

Tentatively planning to attend with my two offspring...

Here is there menu and other information:

http://cafe-connection.net/

Map:
    http://g.co/maps/hd58s
    Last edited by DrTodd; 01-26-2012 at 10:14 AM.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

OC Luncheon - 1/28/12 - Cafe Connection

Quote Originally Posted by DrTodd View Post
    Tentatively planning to attend with my two offspring...

Here is there menu and other information:

http://cafe-connection.net/

Map:
    http://g.co/maps/hd58s
    Hope you can make it, Shadow Bear and I are looking forward to meeting you.

Cool Luncheon on Saturday @ Cafe Connection

Quote Originally Posted by Yance View Post
    I previously stated on MGO I would not be there...however I'm car pooling with autosurgeon so I will be there, looking good as usual.
    C U There!

I will be coming and ill bring a friend of mine who is also into OC.
    ”To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.”
    -George Mason

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqVeXbBdSOQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbD2zsar7Ps
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEqkDABoddM

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow, I just picked up a holster for the Glock 19 I recently acquired so that will be my EDC for the lunch. Have a safe drive everyone!
    The worst weapon is the human mind, its created and done things far worse than a gun can, has, or ever will. Its the human mind that tells the gun what to do and animates the inanimate object.

With all these gun control laws in place I have yet to find a single one that has saved someones life, but I can find hundreds of stories where a gun has.

Regular Member quarter horseman's Avatar
    I still dont know if I will make it I am working now and dont know when i will get home, hope to see you all there.

Had a good time. It was nice meeting many new people and I am encouraged that local interest in OC is on an upswing.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Great time, many new faces! Good time had by all!

And, DrTodd got to meet his avatar!

Afterwards, we went to Silver Bullet to expose ourselves to temptation.

Then, Steel Magnolia & I witnessed an auto accident, and had a great LEO encounter with Kentwood's finest.
    'If the people are not ready for the exercise of the non-violence of the brave, they must be ready for the use of force in self defense. There should be no camouflage.....it must never be secret.' MK Gandhi II-146 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)-- Gandhi supports open carry!

'There is nothing more demoralizing than the fake non-violence of the weak and impotent.' MK Gandhi II-153 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Bear View Post
    had a great LEO encounter with Kentwood's finest.
    Fill us in when you get a chance
    Last edited by DrTodd; 01-28-2012 at 09:24 PM.

After the luncheon at Cafe Connection (btw, GREAT food), we went to Silver Bullet to see if there was anything we couldn't live without. Got out for under $20; whew....

On the way home, we witnessed a traffic accident (Autosurgeon, you missed seeing it by 30 seconds).

Checked on the victims, all OK, and stuck around for Kentwood PD to arrive.

Had a nice chat with the driver of the not-at-fault vehicle about OC, CC, CPLs, sidearms and MOC. Nice kid, coming home from work

When KPD arrived, Steel Magnolia (who had put her long coat on due to the cold) announced that the was carrying with a CPL. I simply announced that I was armed with my hands well away from my .45. He replies 'I can see that!'

He took our statements, no drama, and then we had a nice chat about OC, CC and a well armed citizenry. Great guy; one of Kentwood's finest! First interaction with Kentwood PD, OC or CC.

Gave him a trifold, as well as the driver of the not-at-fault vehicle. I don't think the elderly woman who was at fault would have been interested in one....