• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Need help!!! Where is it SIG P250 subcompact???

west

Hi everyone!
For several weeks I have been looking for a SIG P250 subcompact 9mm, Nitron slide finish, Contrast site, medium grip size. It can also come as two-tone, with stainless steel slide finish. I am fine with that too. Through a local dealer (I am living in Jamestown, KY) I couldn't find this gun anywhere. It is out of stock everywhere. The only place my dealer could find it only has one magazine that comes with it but I didn't want to buy it because I saw on you tube reviews where a guy had bought it with 3 magazines included, and that was this past fall. If anyone has any info, web address, phone no., post address of store or similar where I can find this gun I will be thankful.

carsontech

Activist Member
I'm not a fan of the P250. My wife had the compact version, that was not so compact, lol. While the double action only trigger pull wasn't that bad, it took A LOT of practice to shoot it OK. I never could get rapid fire to group well.

The gap between the slide and frame of the gun always seemed different from gun to gun. I guess that's part of the tolerances of each P250. I've read about quality control problems and such, but my wife's gun never had them.

My wife traded the gun, even, for a Glock 27.

Anyway, our local dealer always had lots of P250s in stock. He has a website you can order on, but you may have to call him to get recent prices and to order, as the site is having problems, IIRC. Because of the problems, the site will take a while to "load".

http://upstatearmorygroup.com/

Last edited:

GWbiker

I owned a SIG P-250-9 subcompact for a short while. Standard contrast sights and came with only one 12 round magazine. $409+tax.
Picked up a second SIG magazine for around $33 from TGS in Ohio.

Gun was accurate and dependable with NO FTF or FTE issues. The firing system had no trigger reset - just pull the trigger a second, or third time, etc.

However, I just could not warm up to the looooong DAO trigger pull.

west

Avoid the SIG P250. It is a flawed design that SIG cannot sell. Some research on the 'net will reveal it's problems.

I know what you saying but that is case with old design P250. New design is flawless. I saw a lots reviews on you tube. Check this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbfC4Qw8Vu0&feature=related That is reason why I couldn't find for some time coz lots of dealer have old version. However I finally got what I was looking, Sig P250 subcompact and price was great... 369 total. I think I had good deal. The only thing I don't like is that comes with one magazine but eventually I will get second.