• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

congrats mkegal

rotorhead

It's obvious that the legal community is digging their heals in and now have shifted to Operation: Save Face.

This silly little incident would have been dismissed with apologies from any competent legal system in the country. Keep the faith, MKE.

Stay strong.

msusnVet

It's obvious that the legal community is digging their heals in and now have shifted to Operation: Save Face.

This silly little incident would have been dismissed with apologies from any competent legal system in the country. Keep the faith, MKE.

Stay strong.

Being charged with one count of carrying a concealed weapon is not a silly little incident. The Wisconsin legal system is very competent, thank you.

HandyHamlet

[video=youtube;iwGFalTRHDA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwGFalTRHDA[/video]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahahahhahahahahahahahah ahahahhahaahahahahahhahahahahahahahhhhhahahahahaha haaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha hahahahaha...

{cough, cough}

ahem.

:rolleyes:

msusnVet

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahahahhahahahahahahahah ahahahhahaahahahahahhahahahahahahahhhhhahahahahaha haaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha hahahahaha...

{cough, cough}

ahem.

:rolleyes:

Quite entertaining, thank you for your continuing contributions to this forum and especially me.

HandyHamlet

My pleasure.

Next time you are spying/stalking on us at Lizzy's you can buy me a drink. Looking forward to it in fact.

;)

Last edited:

msusnVet

My pleasure.

Next time you are spying/stalking on us at Lizzy's you can buy me a drink. Looking forward to it in fact.

;)

I have never spied or stalked anyone or anything except whitetail deer. No drink, you will have to bother someone else for that. I also look forward to interacting. Thank you again for your continuing contributions.

KBCraig

Bail terms that prohibit gun possession for a charge that wouldn't result in the loss of gun rights even if convicted, are analagous to denying bail to someone on a charge that couldn't result in jail time.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Ah Yes...But This Is Wisconsin....Anything Is Probable...Such As....

Bail terms that prohibit gun possession for a charge that wouldn't result in the loss of gun rights even if convicted, are analogous to denying bail to someone on a charge that couldn't result in jail time.

I agree with your statement but here in Wisconsin there are many "laws" lurking for the unscrupulous D.A. to lay the "smack down" on his or her "defendant". Not to hijack this thread but here is the perfect example: Wisconsin Statute 939.60 Felony and misdemeanor defined.

939.60  Felony and misdemeanor defined. A crime punishable by imprisonment in the Wisconsin state prisons is a felony. Every other crime is a misdemeanor.
History: 1977 c. 418 s. 924 (18) (e).
A statutory offense punishable by imprisonment of one year or less in an unspecified place of confinement may result in confinement in a state prison and, therefore, is a felony, regardless of the classification of the offense at the time of the statute's enactment. State ex rel. McDonald v. Douglas County Circuit Ct. 100 Wis. 2d 569, 302 N.W.2d 462 (1981).

What this wonderful statute means if the judicial system (cough...cough) cannot find a spot for you in the jails and instead puts you in a prison for your small misdemeanor...you automatically are a felon.

There are many statutes like this on the books for the D.A. and judge to use against us. "Justice? What justice?"

rotorhead

Being charged with one count of carrying a concealed weapon is not a silly little incident. The Wisconsin legal system is very competent, thank you.

You'd do best to not twist my words and attempt to (rather weakly) have them appear to mean something other than what they were. If you'd like to continue to converse with me, you'd be better off using honesty.

This incident, while surely serious in the fact that it's taken an innocent person and ramrodded her through a legal system that refuses to admit that they are wrong, is silly in regards to it's nature.

While I admittedly have little knowledge of the Wisconsin legal system, nor a desire to enter it in any fashion after reading this case, I can point to this case and understand that it separates itself in no manner from other inept systems that rely upon weak evidence for it's foundation. If this case is what a district attorney wants to pin his or her reputation on, then there's truly little integrity up there in terms of the legal system.

However, I do want to thank you for being yet another reminder of why I limit my time on this site. You and select others provide ample reason to seek conversation elsewhere.

For MKE- Stay strong. This will pass and one day you'll have your life back, despite what the cheerleaders from the other side say.

Last edited:

protias

You'd do best to not twist my words and attempt to (rather weakly) have them appear to mean something other than what they were. If you'd like to continue to converse with me, you'd be better off using honesty.

This incident, while surely serious in the fact that it's taken an innocent person and ramrodded her through a that refuses to admit that they are wrong, is silly in regards to it's nature.

While I have admittedly have little knowledge of the Wisconsin legal system, nor a desire to enter it in any fashion after reading this case, I can point to this case and understand that it separates itself in no manner from other inept systems that rely upon weak evidence for it's foundation. If this case is what a district attorney wants to pin his or her reputation on, then there's truly little integrity up there in terms of the legal system.

However, I do want to thank you for being yet another reminder of why I limit my time on this site. You and select others provide ample reason to seek conversation elsewhere.

For MKE- Stay strong. This will pass and one day you'll have your life back, despite what the cheerleaders from the other side say.

It is a troll and doesn't know the legal system either.

HandyHamlet

It thinks going to our hang out, trying to ID us from the shadows, listening in on conversations, then taunting us about it here is NOT stalking.

I think the judge will beg to differ.

msusnVet

It thinks going to our hang out, trying to ID us from the shadows, listening in on conversations, then taunting us about it here is NOT stalking.

I think the judge will beg to differ.

Your hangout is also my hangout. Being a public cafe and tavern anyone is welcome there. I like the food and the beer and the owners and the locals. I have taunted no one Mr. Hamlet. Thank you for your support.

msteinhilber

Your hangout is also my hangout. Being a public cafe and tavern anyone is welcome there. I like the food and the beer and the owners and the locals. I have taunted no one Mr. Hamlet. Thank you for your support.

Judging by your demeanor, it wouldn't surprise me if you're the one and only hack job ***** of a cop in Brooklyn that is quick to pull somebody over for going 2-3mph over the limit immediately as your approaching the city from either end of 104.

msusnVet

Mr. Protias, I hate to burst your bubble but the troll accusation is simply not true. Through a simple search on the WCCA website and utilizing the CCAP system all the public records under the Wisconsin open records law I wished to view were available.

I do not profess to be an authority on the Wisconsin legal system, but I do know what a motion hearing is all about. Do you?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP This incident, while surely serious in the fact that it's taken an innocent person and ramrodded her through a [system] that refuses to admit that they are wrong, is silly in regards to it's nature...I can point to this case and understand that it separates itself in no manner from other inept systems that rely upon weak evidence for it's foundation.

I am currently reading Origins of the Fifth Amendment, The Right Against Self-Incrimination.* I'm early in the book, right in the middle of the section that explains how England ended up with its version of a justice system in the late 1100's and early 1200's, while the rest of Europe ended up taking the path of the Inquisition.

So, necessarily, the author explains a bit about the legal process (the sequence of legal procedures and the legal procedures themselves) of the Inquisition.

At one point, the accuser--a clergyman--was also the prosecutor and the judge. And, torture was expressly authorized by either Pope Innocent IV, meaning confessions were tortured out. I'm telling you all this to build to the next point.

The author relates a very interesting point about all this. In the whole history of the Inquisition in Europe--not just Spain, but Europe--there is no record of a complete acquittal. Read that again. There is no record of anyone being acquitted of all charges.

Keep that in mind when thinking about or dealing with a legal system that refuses to admit they are wrong.

*Leonard Levy, author. He won a Pulitzer prize for this book. Another book of his that I highly, very highly, recommend is Origins of the Bill of Rights.

Last edited:

CommonMan101

My heart goes out to you MKEgal.

IMO the laws you are suffering under should not be in existence.

They certainly aren't in many other states.

They serve no real purpose except to harrass and criminalize normal people - a matter of control over the masses.

The whole relationship between automobiles and firearms in law is whack in Wis.. Just shouldn't be an issue - what you are being charged over should, instead, be seen as trivial and an every day normal occurance warranting no special attention from the police, in my opinion.

Last edited: