• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oc in portland or bbq

Bogden

Well im new with forums but have a love for the 2nd amendment.

I have been cc for 1.5 years and concidering to op in portland metro area

but alone im sure there will be police harassment

i was wondering if there are any open carry bbqs in our area

if not lets starts something organizing something for summer 2012

but if there is let me know were i can sign up

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Welcome to the forums! There are a few members up near PDX, perhaps one of them can meet up with you for a cup of coffee.

Dogbait

Welcome to the forums. Bigtoe is correct, some of us are in the area. :cool: :dude:

What area of Portland are you located in? I would enjoy getting coffee and walking around with a fellow member.

Bogden

Im currently in Gresham OR,
moved from Oregon City about a year ago.

I know OP is legal in Oregon,
but ive been hearing about new local laws resticting anything from guns to tazers in parks and city limits i suspect these do not apply to CHL holders?

Last edited:

Dogbait

i suspect these do not apply to CHL holders?

Local restrictions for loaded firearms in public do not apply to CHL holders. Check out the OC Pamphlet

Gresham is different from Portland, in regards to firearm restrictions, it does not have 'No Loaded Firearms in Public' and for the most part is OC friendly. Don't be afraid to say 'Hello' to someone you see OCing (It might be me :cool: )

doughboi

Im in the Portland area and I do open carry some of the time depends on the weather. I have yet to see another open carrier. Would be nice to meet others open carriers

Puddin99

Campaign Veteran
I would be up for another shindig. Not too good of weather for an outside bbq/potlock right now though. We could always pick a restaurant or something.