Thread: Just a question for the KC and surrounding area people

Just a question for the KC and surrounding area people

hey its me again. i was just wondering if any one had thought about attending a town hall meeting and asking if they could bottom line the oc carry law. i have gotten a lot of links from people and some were helpful others not so much.I am not a lawyer I don't speak or read lawyer. I want these guys to put it in simple terms what is and is not allowed. just dumb it down for me if thats how they want to look at it. i wanted to get some feed back and others thought before i go and make a request of the people our tax dollars pay for thanks for listening to my lil idea hope to hear back from my fellow ocers

thanks Jesse

Accomplished Advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by jesse w View Post
    I am not a lawyer I don't speak or read lawyer. I want these guys to put it in simple terms what is and is not allowed. just dumb it down for me if thats how they want to look at it.
    Uhm, the law is written by lawyers for lawyers aka they protect themselves by building additional need.

You can ask it all you want but the bottom line is, they have very little interest in doing such a thing, doing so strips their power.
    John C. Eastman Associate Dean of Chapman University’s School of Law "the Second Amendment, like its sister amendments, does not confer a right but rather recognizes a natural right inherent in our humanity."

There may be legal ramifications to 'dumbing down". I think there may be a law, somewhere, that states that you must have to have a certain number of 'parties of the first part' and a certain number of 'parties of the second part', along with a undefined number of Latin words. IANAL, so I could be wrong.

It would be nice though if legalese were not filled with so much....legalese.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare