• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just a question for the KC and surrounding area people

jesse w

hey its me again. i was just wondering if any one had thought about attending a town hall meeting and asking if they could bottom line the oc carry law. i have gotten a lot of links from people and some were helpful others not so much.I am not a lawyer I don't speak or read lawyer. I want these guys to put it in simple terms what is and is not allowed. just dumb it down for me if thats how they want to look at it. i wanted to get some feed back and others thought before i go and make a request of the people our tax dollars pay for thanks for listening to my lil idea hope to hear back from my fellow ocers

thanks Jesse

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
I am not a lawyer I don't speak or read lawyer. I want these guys to put it in simple terms what is and is not allowed. just dumb it down for me if thats how they want to look at it.

Uhm, the law is written by lawyers for lawyers aka they protect themselves by building additional need.

You can ask it all you want but the bottom line is, they have very little interest in doing such a thing, doing so strips their power.

OC for ME

There may be legal ramifications to 'dumbing down". I think there may be a law, somewhere, that states that you must have to have a certain number of 'parties of the first part' and a certain number of 'parties of the second part', along with a undefined number of Latin words. IANAL, so I could be wrong.

It would be nice though if legalese were not filled with so much....legalese.