Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 75

Thread: Poll about the perfomance of Walker

  1. #1
    Regular Member metalman383's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Eau Claire WI, ,
    Posts
    283

    Poll about the perfomance of Walker

    This is a little off the "open carry" topic, but I feel even though we have alot of work to do yet, we have made some great strides this year. I can't help but think having Walker as Gov, has helped us turn down the right path. Wether you like him or not, here is a poll to voice your opinion. Looking at the results so far, the protesters may be the loudest, but maybe not the majority.




    http://www.journaltimes.com/polls/ht...23pd_a_4647768

  2. #2
    Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    mauston wi
    Posts
    849
    deleted
    Last edited by oliverclotheshoff; 01-13-2012 at 08:01 AM.
    SCOTT

    "When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

    "When seconds count police are minutes away"

    "Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

    http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Somewhere, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,029

  4. #4
    Regular Member Carcharodon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Neenah, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    189
    Thanks Gov. Walker for the CCL, No thanks for cutting my paycheck and denying me a raise.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
    Thomas Jefferson

  5. #5
    Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    4,047
    Quote Originally Posted by Carcharodon View Post
    Thanks Gov. Walker for the CCL, No thanks for cutting my paycheck and denying me a raise.
    Welcome to the real world. I am making around half what I used to.


    Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    SW Idaho
    Posts
    1,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Carcharodon View Post
    Thanks Gov. Walker for the CCL, No thanks for cutting my paycheck and denying me a raise.
    Boo-hoo. I'm sorry you won't be able to dip your snout into the public trough quite so deeply.
    Last edited by ManInBlack; 01-13-2012 at 09:15 PM.

  7. #7
    Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Right Behind You!, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,818
    Thanks for letting me pay a little less of my taxes towards helping democrats get elected through mandatory union dues in a vicious cycle of public sector cronyism.

    Oh yeah...no thanks for threatening not to sign constitutional carry.

    Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    Lex malla, lex nulla

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Brookfield, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    Welcome to the real world. I am making around half what I used to.
    And to think, since Walker took office, me and a few others in my department received a $1.60/hr raise. Sorry that your pay got cut

  9. #9
    Regular Member DangerClose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The mean streets of WI
    Posts
    570
    Strongly approve 63.96% (535,013 votes)

    Approve 4.2% (35,119 votes)

    Disapprove 1.51% (12,652 votes)

    Strongly disapprove 30.32% (253,635 votes)


    Total Votes: 836,419

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Fond du Lac Wisconsin
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by ManInBlack View Post
    Boo-hoo. I'm sorry you won't be able to dip your snout into the public trough quite so deeply.
    Not all government employees make big bucks. Many are just getting by ... just like the private sector.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    SW Idaho
    Posts
    1,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper View Post
    Not all government employees make big bucks. Many are just getting by ... just like the private sector.

    Maybe so, but every buck they do make was confiscated from someone who holds down a real job (you know, that quaint notion of creating a useful product or service that other people voluntarily desire to purchase). That is the difference between the wealth-producing caste and the wealth-consuming caste.

  12. #12
    Herr Heckler Koch
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ManInBlack View Post
    Maybe so, but every buck they do make was confiscated from someone who holds down a real job (you know, that quaint notion of creating a useful product or service that other people voluntarily desire to purchase). That is the difference between the wealth-producing caste and the wealth-consuming caste.
    Every dollar from the grubbermint was confiscated from someone, in the limit at the tax collector's gun point, including from government employees.

    That you denigrate (I love that word) them, the employees and their jobs, illustrates your bigoted broad-brush. I am a long retired, since 1995, 85th percentile federal civil servant that produced a high tech product with no flaws for which I was responsible and that is utterly beyond your comprehension.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    SW Idaho
    Posts
    1,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Herr Heckler Koch View Post
    Every dollar from the grubbermint was confiscated from someone, in the limit at the tax collector's gun point, including from government employees.

    That you denigrate (I love that word) them, the employees and their jobs, illustrates your bigoted broad-brush. I am a long retired, since 1995, 85th percentile federal civil servant that produced a high tech product with no flaws for which I was responsible and that is utterly beyond your comprehension.
    Since government employees are paid from confiscated wealth, I don't consider them to pay taxes on it; rather they, in effect, accept that they have to throw a small kickback to the organization to maintain their position.

    It's not bigotry if it's true. As to your claim, here's a big ol' internet congratulations from me to you. I hope you enjoy your retirement that other poor schmucks had to work for to provide for you.

    By the way, the private sector manages to produce many high-tech items that they somehow can sell to customers without putting guns to their heads, usually far more efficiently than any government agency. I'm not interested in your "product," as there was coercion at all points in its inception, creation, development, marketing, and distribution.
    Last edited by ManInBlack; 01-14-2012 at 02:02 PM.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Fond du Lac Wisconsin
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by ManInBlack View Post
    Maybe so, but every buck they do make was confiscated from someone who holds down a real job (you know, that quaint notion of creating a useful product or service that other people voluntarily desire to purchase). That is the difference between the wealth-producing caste and the wealth-consuming caste.
    So by your definition members of our armed forces ... you know ... the defenders of our constitution ... are from the wealth - consuming caste.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    SW Idaho
    Posts
    1,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper View Post
    So by your definition members of our armed forces ... you know ... the defenders of our constitution ... are from the wealth - consuming caste.
    Sad to say, but the armed forces are no longer defenders of the Constitution...but, yes, they are wealth-consumers. While society does need a certain, very limited number of wealth-consumers to fulfill the functions called for in the Constitution, we have gotten so far away from that that it is sickening.

    To many who join nowadays, the military is just another government job - good pay, benefits, the ability to act with the backing of the state, retirement, free education, etc. Which is sad, because the government is effectively bribing young people (hiring mercenaries) to go fight unnecessary and immoral wars.
    Last edited by ManInBlack; 01-14-2012 at 02:15 PM.

  16. #16
    Herr Heckler Koch
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Herr Heckler Koch View Post
    I was responsible and that is utterly beyond your comprehension.
    Like I said...

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Somewhere, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,029
    I sit and look at the glass in front of me and I wonder. Is the glass half full of water or is it half empty? Before Walkers "public employee" bill was invoked 15,000 of those public employees faced the loss of their jobs. I'm not sure from what sector or what the split would have been, except that the only groups immune were the police and fireworkers. I wonder how those other 15,000 should view the glass of water?

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Fond du Lac Wisconsin
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nemo View Post
    I sit and look at the glass in front of me and I wonder. Is the glass half full of water or is it half empty? Before Walkers "public employee" bill was invoked 15,000 of those public employees faced the loss of their jobs. I'm not sure from what sector or what the split would have been, except that the only groups immune were the police and fireworkers. I wonder how those other 15,000 should view the glass of water?
    So the 65 Milwaukee county deputies who are being let go are immune ... nice save!

  19. #19
    Regular Member Lurchiron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Shawano,WI.
    Posts
    1,011
    Quote Originally Posted by ManInBlack View Post
    Boo-hoo. I'm sorry you won't be able to dip your snout into the public trough quite so deeply.
    Ahh yes...Onions & Unions; afterwhile both of them will make you cry!!!

    Thanks Scott, stand tall...
    Bale da Hay

    "Have you Spanked a leftist today; it's the Right thing to do!!!"


    Within the gates before a man shall go,
    (Fully warily let him watch,)
    Full long let him look about him;
    For little he knows where a foe may lurk,
    And sit in the seats within.

    Havamal (Bellows translation)

  20. #20
    Regular Member bigdaddy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Southsider der hey
    Posts
    1,320
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper View Post
    So the 65 Milwaukee county deputies who are being let go are immune ... nice save!
    The immunity you speak of (possibly because as many union members don't really understand, or refuse to) had to do with the collective bargaining, not that they would be untouched by the repercussions of our economic situation. It is sad to hear that anyone looses their job, but I believe that had Gov. Walker not made these changes in our budget that many more than 65 would be looking for work. I gather from your screen name you are most likely a LEO or similar profession, so how many of your associates are still employed because there are more state funds available?
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Fond du Lac Wisconsin
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy1 View Post
    The immunity you speak of (possibly because as many union members don't really understand, or refuse to) had to do with the collective bargaining, not that they would be untouched by the repercussions of our economic situation. It is sad to hear that anyone looses their job, but I believe that had Gov. Walker not made these changes in our budget that many more than 65 would be looking for work. I gather from your screen name you are most likely a LEO or similar profession, so how many of your associates are still employed because there are more state funds available?
    Peacekeeper is in reference to an armoured truck with an M60 mounted on top that the USAF used in the early 80's to secure nuke sites. Walker adverts make reference to saving police officer jobs. The state cut funds to cities and counties and instead gave millions to big business to encourage them to create jobs. I don't know if any jobs were created from this. How many of my associates are still employed because there are more state funds available? Um ... most state agencies receive less funds ... budget cuts. The agency I work for ... The Dept. of Corrections ... is having a difficult time hiring enough officers to fill vacant positions. The starting pay is ok. ($14.89 per hour) However when new people weigh the takehome pay with the potential risks involved working in a maximum security prison some move on. The public sector seems to have difficulty understanding that collective bargaining helped address safety issues.

  22. #22
    Regular Member HandyHamlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Terra, Sol
    Posts
    2,779
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper View Post
    The state cut funds to cities and counties and instead gave millions to big business to encourage them to create jobs.
    Cite please.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

    "Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

  23. #23
    Regular Member oak1971's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,937
    If you want another Commie to run the state, do us all a favor and move to Cuba. I am enjoying our brief respite from the leftist agenda.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

  24. #24
    Regular Member oak1971's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,937
    Quote Originally Posted by Herr Heckler Koch View Post
    Every dollar from the grubbermint was confiscated from someone, in the limit at the tax collector's gun point, including from government employees.

    That you denigrate (I love that word) them, the employees and their jobs, illustrates your bigoted broad-brush. I am a long retired, since 1995, 85th percentile federal civil servant that produced a high tech product with no flaws for which I was responsible and that is utterly beyond your comprehension.
    Instead of thanking you for your service you should thank us for funding it.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

  25. #25
    Regular Member oak1971's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,937
    Quote Originally Posted by msusnVet View Post
    OK I will. Thank you very much for your continuing contributions to my very generous monthly stipend from the United States Department of Veterans Affairs.
    Your welcome. Thanks for lightening my wallet, its such a burden to have all that money just sitting around for my personal use.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •