• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Poll about the perfomance of Walker

Peacekeeper

The immunity you speak of (possibly because as many union members don't really understand, or refuse to) had to do with the collective bargaining, not that they would be untouched by the repercussions of our economic situation. It is sad to hear that anyone looses their job, but I believe that had Gov. Walker not made these changes in our budget that many more than 65 would be looking for work. I gather from your screen name you are most likely a LEO or similar profession, so how many of your associates are still employed because there are more state funds available?

Peacekeeper is in reference to an armoured truck with an M60 mounted on top that the USAF used in the early 80's to secure nuke sites. Walker adverts make reference to saving police officer jobs. The state cut funds to cities and counties and instead gave millions to big business to encourage them to create jobs. I don't know if any jobs were created from this. How many of my associates are still employed because there are more state funds available? Um ... most state agencies receive less funds ... budget cuts. The agency I work for ... The Dept. of Corrections ... is having a difficult time hiring enough officers to fill vacant positions. The starting pay is ok. ($14.89 per hour) However when new people weigh the takehome pay with the potential risks involved working in a maximum security prison some move on. The public sector seems to have difficulty understanding that collective bargaining helped address safety issues.

oak1971

If you want another Commie to run the state, do us all a favor and move to Cuba. I am enjoying our brief respite from the leftist agenda.

oak1971

Every dollar from the grubbermint was confiscated from someone, in the limit at the tax collector's gun point, including from government employees.

That you denigrate (I love that word) them, the employees and their jobs, illustrates your bigoted broad-brush. I am a long retired, since 1995, 85th percentile federal civil servant that produced a high tech product with no flaws for which I was responsible and that is utterly beyond your comprehension.

Instead of thanking you for your service you should thank us for funding it.

oak1971

OK I will. Thank you very much for your continuing contributions to my very generous monthly stipend from the United States Department of Veterans Affairs.

Your welcome. Thanks for lightening my wallet, its such a burden to have all that money just sitting around for my personal use.

Carmmond

Peacekeeper is in reference to an armoured truck with an M60 mounted on top that the USAF used in the early 80's to secure nuke sites. Walker adverts make reference to saving police officer jobs. The state cut funds to cities and counties and instead gave millions to big business to encourage them to create jobs. I don't know if any jobs were created from this. How many of my associates are still employed because there are more state funds available? Um ... most state agencies receive less funds ... budget cuts. The agency I work for ... The Dept. of Corrections ... is having a difficult time hiring enough officers to fill vacant positions. The starting pay is ok. ($14.89 per hour) However when new people weigh the takehome pay with the potential risks involved working in a maximum security prison some move on. The public sector seems to have difficulty understanding that collective bargaining helped address safety issues.

We are going through the same problem in the tech colleges with staff..... but if you step back and take a look we are so TOP heavy it's sick! BUT the higher ups will hold on to their jobs and their budies jobs and always screw the people doing the work.... I'm done with it and the first window to get out I'm jumping off this wreck of over educated idiots and going back into the real world.

bigdaddy1

No, I really don't understand. Could you provide examples of how collective bargaining provided you and your co-workers with any additional reasonable safety provisions that wouldn't be in place without? That somehow with out collective bargaining the Warden can send you into harms way with no safety equipment or processes? With the current Federal and State laws regarding workplace safety and Workman's compensation laws I find it hard to understand how your union would be left with out any protection if not "bargained" for. Edited to add, "most state agencies receive less funds ... budget cuts". Assuming that you agree that governmenet shouldnt and doesnt have unlimited funds and that you understand those funds provided come from tax payers. Also assuming you understand that in a down economy (such as we are in now) that less of those funds are coming in from taxes, meaning less funding available to distribute. My question remains, that had Walker not made these changes to reduce spending, and those funds were otherwise unavailable how many layoffs, reductions and freezes how many of your co-workers are still employed? How many have been layed off or fired? You mentioned they are hiring, (is having a difficult time hiring enough officers to fill vacant positions), would they still be looking to fill those positions? I think not.

Last edited:

Captain Nemo

You Walker haters out there, be careful what you wish for. The top Democrat contenders appear to be Obey, Kohl and Barrett. If any of them and if the democrats win two legislative recall elections we can kiss any new gun right legislation good bye, with possibly a dramatic change to Act 35.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

It will be an awful thing if the only laws ever repealed are laws liberalizing gun carry. Is this reasonable fear an admission of the power of progressive ignorance?

Peacekeeper

No, I really don't understand. Could you provide examples of how collective bargaining provided you and your co-workers with any additional reasonable safety provisions that wouldn't be in place without? That somehow with out collective bargaining the Warden can send you into harms way with no safety equipment or processes? With the current Federal and State laws regarding workplace safety and Workman's compensation laws I find it hard to understand how your union would be left with out any protection if not "bargained" for. Edited to add, "most state agencies receive less funds ... budget cuts". Assuming that you agree that governmenet shouldnt and doesnt have unlimited funds and that you understand those funds provided come from tax payers. Also assuming you understand that in a down economy (such as we are in now) that less of those funds are coming in from taxes, meaning less funding available to distribute. My question remains, that had Walker not made these changes to reduce spending, and those funds were otherwise unavailable how many layoffs, reductions and freezes how many of your co-workers are still employed? How many have been layed off or fired? You mentioned they are hiring, (is having a difficult time hiring enough officers to fill vacant positions), would they still be looking to fill those positions? I think not.

Still hiring ... Sign up!

Peacekeeper

You Walker haters out there, be careful what you wish for. The top Democrat contenders appear to be Obey, Kohl and Barrett. If any of them and if the democrats win two legislative recall elections we can kiss any new gun right legislation good bye, with possibly a dramatic change to Act 35.

I voted for Walker and did not sign a recall petition...

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Still hiring ... Sign up!

I have a friend that applied a few weeks ago for a corrections officer position. He didn't get the job. I thought it was strange that a guy with over 12 years experience (Georgia corrections) was not hired here in Wisconsin.

Maybe if he had been in a union he would have gotten the job?

OC for ME

I have a friend that applied a few weeks ago for a corrections officer position. He didn't get the job. I thought it was strange that a guy with over 12 years experience (Georgia corrections) was not hired here in Wisconsin.

Maybe if he had been in a union he would have gotten the job?
Did your friend work in Cobb County?

Big Boss Man

oak1971

you walker haters out there, be careful what you wish for. The top democrat contenders appear to be obey, kohl and barrett. If any of them and if the democrats win two legislative recall elections we can kiss any new gun right legislation good bye, with possibly a dramatic change to act 35.

this.

Packfanatic

+1000

That is exactly the point. I told my wife I really did not want either of the milwaukee clowns running our state, but, as usual there are only 2 candidates the media promotes.

I voted for walker and although i do not approve of the way he communicated his intentions, wisconsintes needed a swift kick in the butt. Now comes these 3 clowns and they all suck as far as 2A goes.

People.... forget about party loyalty. If you are a member of this and other 2A Freedom forums you best think what is best when you vote. It is not only about firearm rights, there are a lot of other things involved here that are bleeding your wallet dry.

For far too long the unions have bled our wallets dry in a direct and indirect way. The unions really only care about the dues they receive and not about the due payers. we could go on and on alll day long but by the time the debate is over.... it could be a significant chage in the rules of our fight.

I will stand by walker and take my chances that down the road we all will reap the benefits of his ways...

Last edited:

revolverrandy

This is a little off the "open carry" topic, but I feel even though we have alot of work to do yet, we have made some great strides this year. I can't help but think having Walker as Gov, has helped us turn down the right path. Wether you like him or not, here is a poll to voice your opinion. Looking at the results so far, the protesters may be the loudest, but maybe not the majority.

http://www.journaltimes.com/polls/h...0.html#pd_a_4647768#pd_a_4647768#pd_a_4647768

I feel Walker needs to get out before he really messes up this state even worse than he already has.I am very glad he favored concealed carry,but feel he did it in desperation to get votes.All else he does I have seen hurt so many people in this state.He is not a straight shooter by no means.

protias

I feel Walker needs to get out before he really messes up this state even worse than he already has.I am very glad he favored concealed carry,but feel he did it in desperation to get votes.All else he does I have seen hurt so many people in this state.He is not a straight shooter by no means.

He could have done even better had he supported Constitutional Carry. As for balancing the budget, I agree with you on how he could have balanced it better, like cutting some of the entitlement programs.