• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Poll about the perfomance of Walker

metalman383

This is a little off the "open carry" topic, but I feel even though we have alot of work to do yet, we have made some great strides this year. I can't help but think having Walker as Gov, has helped us turn down the right path. Wether you like him or not, here is a poll to voice your opinion. Looking at the results so far, the protesters may be the loudest, but maybe not the majority.

http://www.journaltimes.com/polls/h...0.html#pd_a_4647768#pd_a_4647768#pd_a_4647768

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Thanks for letting me pay a little less of my taxes towards helping democrats get elected through mandatory union dues in a vicious cycle of public sector cronyism.

Oh yeah...no thanks for threatening not to sign constitutional carry.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

DangerClose

Strongly approve 63.96% (535,013 votes)

Approve 4.2% (35,119 votes)

Disapprove 1.51% (12,652 votes)

Strongly disapprove 30.32% (253,635 votes)

Total Votes: 836,419

ManInBlack

Not all government employees make big bucks. Many are just getting by ... just like the private sector.

Maybe so, but every buck they do make was confiscated from someone who holds down a real job (you know, that quaint notion of creating a useful product or service that other people voluntarily desire to purchase). That is the difference between the wealth-producing caste and the wealth-consuming caste.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Maybe so, but every buck they do make was confiscated from someone who holds down a real job (you know, that quaint notion of creating a useful product or service that other people voluntarily desire to purchase). That is the difference between the wealth-producing caste and the wealth-consuming caste.
Every dollar from the grubbermint was confiscated from someone, in the limit at the tax collector's gun point, including from government employees.

That you denigrate (I love that word) them, the employees and their jobs, illustrates your bigoted broad-brush. I am a long retired, since 1995, 85th percentile federal civil servant that produced a high tech product with no flaws for which I was responsible and that is utterly beyond your comprehension.

ManInBlack

Every dollar from the grubbermint was confiscated from someone, in the limit at the tax collector's gun point, including from government employees.

That you denigrate (I love that word) them, the employees and their jobs, illustrates your bigoted broad-brush. I am a long retired, since 1995, 85th percentile federal civil servant that produced a high tech product with no flaws for which I was responsible and that is utterly beyond your comprehension.

Since government employees are paid from confiscated wealth, I don't consider them to pay taxes on it; rather they, in effect, accept that they have to throw a small kickback to the organization to maintain their position.

It's not bigotry if it's true. As to your claim, here's a big ol' internet congratulations from me to you. I hope you enjoy your retirement that other poor schmucks had to work for to provide for you.

By the way, the private sector manages to produce many high-tech items that they somehow can sell to customers without putting guns to their heads, usually far more efficiently than any government agency. I'm not interested in your "product," as there was coercion at all points in its inception, creation, development, marketing, and distribution.

Last edited:

Peacekeeper

So by your definition members of our armed forces ... you know ... the defenders of our constitution ... are from the wealth - consuming caste.

ManInBlack

So by your definition members of our armed forces ... you know ... the defenders of our constitution ... are from the wealth - consuming caste.

Sad to say, but the armed forces are no longer defenders of the Constitution...but, yes, they are wealth-consumers. While society does need a certain, very limited number of wealth-consumers to fulfill the functions called for in the Constitution, we have gotten so far away from that that it is sickening.

To many who join nowadays, the military is just another government job - good pay, benefits, the ability to act with the backing of the state, retirement, free education, etc. Which is sad, because the government is effectively bribing young people (hiring mercenaries) to go fight unnecessary and immoral wars.

Last edited:

Captain Nemo

I sit and look at the glass in front of me and I wonder. Is the glass half full of water or is it half empty? Before Walkers "public employee" bill was invoked 15,000 of those public employees faced the loss of their jobs. I'm not sure from what sector or what the split would have been, except that the only groups immune were the police and fireworkers. I wonder how those other 15,000 should view the glass of water?

Peacekeeper

I sit and look at the glass in front of me and I wonder. Is the glass half full of water or is it half empty? Before Walkers "public employee" bill was invoked 15,000 of those public employees faced the loss of their jobs. I'm not sure from what sector or what the split would have been, except that the only groups immune were the police and fireworkers. I wonder how those other 15,000 should view the glass of water?

So the 65 Milwaukee county deputies who are being let go are immune ... nice save!

bigdaddy1

So the 65 Milwaukee county deputies who are being let go are immune ... nice save!

The immunity you speak of (possibly because as many union members don't really understand, or refuse to) had to do with the collective bargaining, not that they would be untouched by the repercussions of our economic situation. It is sad to hear that anyone looses their job, but I believe that had Gov. Walker not made these changes in our budget that many more than 65 would be looking for work. I gather from your screen name you are most likely a LEO or similar profession, so how many of your associates are still employed because there are more state funds available?