Thread: Don't you hate it when you read the law.

Don't you hate it when you read the law.

So I'm Reading http://apps.leg.wa.gov/wac/default.aspx?cite=332-52-145 Firearms and target shooting and what Do I see that makes me a Bad guy. (4) What may be used as a target? (b) Unauthorized targets include but are not limited to:
    (viii) Appliances I often take something with me to shoot up and get a laugh out of. But I also set the item on a large tarp and pack out all my debris. ( I hate when people leave their garbage. ) I swear I pick up more shotgun shells.

What wac rule makes you a bad guy?

Edited to add (b) Unauthorized targets include but are not limited to:
    Last edited by Mark Whatsitworthtou; 01-13-2012 at 01:31 AM.

There's a lot of people around here who don't read the OCDO Forum posting rules . . .

"Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

What one did I goof on

You posted the rules. What rule did I screw up on and break or bend?

This topic is not against forum rules but probably should have been put in the general discusion section. The reason is it does not necessarily relate to open carry. Don't worry we all put something in the wrong place.
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

(15) WE ADVOCATE FOR THE 'LAW-ABIDING' ONLY: Posts advocating illegal acts of any kind are NOT welcome here. Even if you feel that a law is unconstitutional we do not break it, we repeal it or defeat it in the courts.

Would this qualify? >.> seems close to me

Washington administrative code

Washington administrative code and revised code of Washington. I would say it directly relates to the Washington forum.

PLus 1

Quote Originally Posted by Elimsitna View Post
    (15) WE ADVOCATE FOR THE 'LAW-ABIDING' ONLY: Posts advocating illegal acts of any kind are NOT welcome here. Even if you feel that a law is unconstitutional we do not break it, we repeal it or defeat it in the courts.

Would this qualify? >.> seems close to me

Nice catch +1 prior to reading that code I never felt I was in the wrong as I was gathering up all my debris. Now I know better

(8) KEEP IT ON-TOPIC: All gun rights discussions not directly related to open carry should take place in the "General Discussions" forum and topics that are not related to gun rights at all should take place in "The Lounge". Please police your own posts before posting them and help keep OCDO strong and focused.

This is what he's talking about.
    Certified Glock Armorer

"A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderTattoo View Post
    (8) KEEP IT ON-TOPIC: All gun rights discussions not directly related to open carry should take place in the "General Discussions" forum and topics that are not related to gun rights at all should take place in "The Lounge". Please police your own posts before posting them and help keep OCDO strong and focused.

This is what he's talking about.
    Agreed but it's sometimes difficult to justify in one's mind a post regarding Washington State Laws or Regulations in a General Forum that gets lost. Why would anyone in Pennsylvania or Texas give a care about WA Law?

As for me, I read what I find interesting and just ignore the rest. No need to join the "Forum Nazi's".
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    Agreed but it's sometimes difficult to justify in one's mind a post regarding Washington State Laws or Regulations in a General Forum that gets lost. Why would anyone in Pennsylvania or Texas give a care about WA Law?

As for me, I read what I find interesting and just ignore the rest. No need to join the "Forum Nazi's".
    +1 And I feel this is exactly why the owners of this cite and the moderators give us some leeway in our discussion and threads. Those very same "nazis" often don't follow the strict letter of the law in their threads and posts too, but they miss that fact because it is an issue important to them and often important to others, so I also read the ones I want and pass by the one's I don't.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Discussing a Washington specific circumstance, law, or ordinance would seem to properly be discussed in the Washington Forum. State specific stuff in the general forum seems to garner at least one or two take it to the State Forum posts.

I agree some of the stuff we post here "technically" should be in general subject area, but as stated why post it there when it only applies to WA? Can we have a WA only general thread? BTW back to the original topic there is another item on the banned list: explosives ie. tannerite. I got flamed on another forum for suggesting tannerite here in WA.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

I'm lovin how many responses there are to an off topic thread, about it being you know, off topic...................

This thread is slightly better. What get's me about the other OT threads is that they are not OC related AND they are 2nd/3rd hand knowlege. i.e. my buddy did this...my wife did this....
    Live Free or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    This thread is slightly better. What get's me about the other OT threads is that they are not OC related AND they are 2nd/3rd hand knowlege. i.e. my buddy did this...my wife did this....
    Actually no, those were my wife's own words typed herself. Ie, firsthand knowledge.
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

I've always thought that the Washington forum (as well as all other states' forums) should have the current forum and a "General Washington" forum, so we don't run into this.
    Certified Glock Armorer

"A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.

I've always thought that the Washington forum (as well as all other states' forums) should have the current forum and a "General Washington" forum, so we don't run into this.
    This IS one of the busiest dingo rims on ocdo cept for maybe Virginia & Wisconsin isn't it?

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

What, for American History?