• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Don't you hate it when you read the law.

Mark Whatsitworthtou

So I'm Reading http://apps.leg.wa.gov/wac/default.aspx?cite=332-52-145 Firearms and target shooting and what Do I see that makes me a Bad guy. (4) What may be used as a target? (b) Unauthorized targets include but are not limited to:
(viii) Appliances I often take something with me to shoot up and get a laugh out of. But I also set the item on a large tarp and pack out all my debris. ( I hate when people leave their garbage. ) I swear I pick up more shotgun shells.

What wac rule makes you a bad guy?

Edited to add (b) Unauthorized targets include but are not limited to:

Last edited:

decklin

This topic is not against forum rules but probably should have been put in the general discusion section. The reason is it does not necessarily relate to open carry. Don't worry we all put something in the wrong place.

Elimsitna

(15) WE ADVOCATE FOR THE 'LAW-ABIDING' ONLY: Posts advocating illegal acts of any kind are NOT welcome here. Even if you feel that a law is unconstitutional we do not break it, we repeal it or defeat it in the courts.

Would this qualify? >.> seems close to me

Mark Whatsitworthtou

Washington administrative code

Washington administrative code and revised code of Washington. I would say it directly relates to the Washington forum. :idea:

Mark Whatsitworthtou

PLus 1

(15) WE ADVOCATE FOR THE 'LAW-ABIDING' ONLY: Posts advocating illegal acts of any kind are NOT welcome here. Even if you feel that a law is unconstitutional we do not break it, we repeal it or defeat it in the courts.

Would this qualify? >.> seems close to me

Nice catch +1 prior to reading that code I never felt I was in the wrong as I was gathering up all my debris. Now I know better :banghead:

SpyderTattoo

•(8) KEEP IT ON-TOPIC: All gun rights discussions not directly related to open carry should take place in the "General Discussions" forum and topics that are not related to gun rights at all should take place in "The Lounge". Please police your own posts before posting them and help keep OCDO strong and focused.

This is what he's talking about.

amlevin

•(8) KEEP IT ON-TOPIC: All gun rights discussions not directly related to open carry should take place in the "General Discussions" forum and topics that are not related to gun rights at all should take place in "The Lounge". Please police your own posts before posting them and help keep OCDO strong and focused.

This is what he's talking about.

Agreed but it's sometimes difficult to justify in one's mind a post regarding Washington State Laws or Regulations in a General Forum that gets lost. Why would anyone in Pennsylvania or Texas give a care about WA Law?

As for me, I read what I find interesting and just ignore the rest. No need to join the "Forum Nazi's".

sudden valley gunner

Agreed but it's sometimes difficult to justify in one's mind a post regarding Washington State Laws or Regulations in a General Forum that gets lost. Why would anyone in Pennsylvania or Texas give a care about WA Law?

As for me, I read what I find interesting and just ignore the rest. No need to join the "Forum Nazi's".

+1 And I feel this is exactly why the owners of this cite and the moderators give us some leeway in our discussion and threads. Those very same "nazis" often don't follow the strict letter of the law in their threads and posts too, but they miss that fact because it is an issue important to them and often important to others, so I also read the ones I want and pass by the one's I don't.

Vitaeus

Discussing a Washington specific circumstance, law, or ordinance would seem to properly be discussed in the Washington Forum. State specific stuff in the general forum seems to garner at least one or two take it to the State Forum posts.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
I agree some of the stuff we post here "technically" should be in general subject area, but as stated why post it there when it only applies to WA? Can we have a WA only general thread? BTW back to the original topic there is another item on the banned list: explosives ie. tannerite. I got flamed on another forum for suggesting tannerite here in WA.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
This thread is slightly better. What get's me about the other OT threads is that they are not OC related AND they are 2nd/3rd hand knowlege. i.e. my buddy did this...my wife did this....:rolleyes:

Metalhead47

This thread is slightly better. What get's me about the other OT threads is that they are not OC related AND they are 2nd/3rd hand knowlege. i.e. my buddy did this...my wife did this....:rolleyes:

Actually no, those were my wife's own words typed herself. Ie, firsthand knowledge.
images

SpyderTattoo

I've always thought that the Washington forum (as well as all other states' forums) should have the current forum and a "General Washington" forum, so we don't run into this.