• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Might Be Moving

stainless1911

Banned
I might come to Kentucky, not sure yet.

What do you call your CCW license? (so I dont annoy you by calling it a CCW)? :)
Any specific do's and don'ts without a CCW?
If you're CCW gets suspended in another state, can you get one in Kentucky?
Do you need a CCW to carry openly?
Do you need a CCW to carry in a car?
If so, or not, can it be carried openly in the car?
What are the gun free zones?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Johnburns15

What do you call your CCW license? (so I dont annoy you by calling it a CCW)? :)

Thanks.

I hear it called ccw and cdwl here all the time. Most everyone knows it by either so that shouldn't be much issue lol
And for open carry you do not need a cdwl. It's legal for any law abiding citizen to open carry without a license.
You do not need a cdwl to carry in your car so long that it is either being carried openly, or in a factory installed compartment (glove box, center consol).

stainless1911

Banned
This would be ok? Its mounted to the Ebrake

103_3390.jpg

Last edited:

09jisaac

Seems pretty well in the open for me. I have had plenty of run-ins with the KY police and none that I have dealt with are too difficult, they probably wouldn't try to say that is concealed.

stainless1911

Banned
I thought California (until recently) was the only unloaded open carry state. ??

IF it gets suspended, I still have to go to court, it will be for a reckless driving. That charge keeps yopu from having a CPL for 8 years in Michigan.

Last edited:

flb_78

http://kentuckystatepolice.org/conceal.htm

The reasons an application may be denied, or a license revoked or suspended, include the following:

Conviction of a felony.
Being under indictment for a felony.
Conviction of Assault in the fourth degree within the past three years.
Conviction of terroristic threatening in the third degree within the past three years.
Conviction of a misdemeanor relating to a controlled substance within the past three years.
Conviction of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence.
Being an unlawful user of, or being addicted to, any controlled substance.
Conviction of two DUIs within the past three years.
Commitment for alcohol or drug abuse within the past three years.
Adjudication as an incompetent or having been involuntarily committed to a mental institution.
An active emergency protective order or domestic violence order.
Owing a child support arrearage which equals or exceeds the cumulative amount which would be owed after one (1) year of nonpayment.
Failure to comply with any subpoena or warrant relating to child support or paternity proceedings.
Being a fugitive from justice.
Dishonorable discharge from the Armed Forces.
A discrepancy concerning the age or training requirements.
Being ineligible to purchase, receive or possess a firearm, ammunition or both under state or federal law.

stainless1911

Banned
Lol, you should try Michigan. Some places you cant conceal, you need a CPL to carry in a car, some places you cant be on the premisis with a firearm, some you can only OC with a CPL, cant carry a rifle with a CPL, but you can posess a rifle on certain premisis, but only with a CPL, it gets worse, but that would take all day to explain. Its a real cluster fu** up here.

09jisaac

Size? If you can safely shoot a gun on your property you can shoot, as long as it isn't in a city's limits (that prohibits the discharge of a weapon, sometimes including air rifles).

I sometimes shoot where I live and I have neighbors relatively close, but I still take my high powered rifles to my farm.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Best of luck to you and yours 1911

Thanks.

Not to hijack your thread Stainless.... If you do move I wish you all the best. Many on the MI forum were not the nicest people when it came to you. I hope if this move occurs you find a better welcome in Kentucky.

P.S. for those FX channel watchers [Justified], are there really towns in western Kentucky like Harlen?

http://vod.fxnetworks.com/watch/justified

09jisaac

Kentucky is very free in my opinion.

Cities annex property into their limits to gain more tax money. But before they can annex you, you get to vote to join or not (at least in Louisa, KY you do). Here they cannot just annex roads to get a business/residence and you have to share a common boundary.

Midwest

I am aware the Michigan has handgun registration, Kentucky does not. Is there any requirements that have to inform Michigan that you are moving in regards to the gun registration or permit or former carry permit there? Reason why I mention that is that in NY State you have to tell them and send in the handgun permit back in the mail this is so they can take the handgun serial numbers off the permit.

Supposedly as the story goes if you don't inform them in NY State it is a fine and might be held against you if you decide to get a permit elsewhere. I don't think Michigan is the same, but I would cover all your bases just in case. You just want to leave the state free and clear.