Thread: CC Classes

CC Classes

I received a couple of e mails from WI Carry on CC courses being offered. However thay are not in my area. Our paper Pierce county Herald just published an article on a course to be offered in Ellsworth on Jan 28th. The fee is $100. by Chris Chandler. Is this a 'normal' fee??

Herr Heckler Koch
    That's what my town cop thinks he's getting. I left a voice mail asking if the $100 was for the certification or the class time. He has not returned my call. The class is tomorrow 08 - 12 and I know of no one that is planning on taking it.

My point is, he's teaching the CCL class, but how will he enforce 175.60 and 941 without being accused of inadequacy or unequal treatment for not having taken his class. At men's breakfast I asked if a CCL can be in a tavern and if he must OC or CC and the circle of gentlemen were all over the map. I wonder if the cop will tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth?

Sanjeev,

I am teaching a WCI Free class in Nelson on Jan. 21.

email me at greg@wisconsincarry.com.

Nik will send out an email, as soon as I get him all the information.
    Last edited by BROKENSPROKET; 01-13-2012 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Law abider
    Our paper Pierce county Herald just published an article on a course to be offered in Ellsworth on Jan 28th. The fee is $100. Is this a 'normal' fee??
    Depends on where you are.
    I've seen NRA classes listed in the MKE area for $150 that I teach for $100. My cc class is less than that.
    I suppose in places with fewer teachers, & perhaps students who are less aware, fees might be even higher.

You have to do your research - both on instructor(s) & average fees (look at the class search pages of national educational organizations to find classes in your area).

Ask former students if they got a good deal & learned useful information, were able to ask questions, had things explained until they understood.
    IMO a big "this is a good teacher" hint in any field is someone who isn't afraid to admit "I don't know the answer to that, but I'll find out & let you know".
    Find someone who doesn't just give opinions, but shows you the law & explains it until you understand. Opinions should be clearly stated as such, preferably with the rationale supporting them.

And IMO a firearms instructor, particularly a cc instructor, who doesn't give students a healthy respect for the negative consequences of even a lawful shooting, and strong encouragement to do whatever it takes to avoid a shooting (even in self-defense), is doing them a disservice.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

[QUOTE=MKEgal;1683213]Depends on where you are.
    I've seen NRA classes listed in the MKE area for $150 that I teach for $100. My cc class is less than that.
    I suppose in places with fewer teachers, & perhaps students who are less aware, fees might be even higher.

You have to do your research - both on instructor(s) & average fees (look at the class search pages of national educational organizations to find classes in your area).

Ask former students if they got a good deal & learned useful information, were able to ask questions, had things explained until they understood.
    IMO a big "this is a good teacher" hint in any field is someone who isn't afraid to admit "I don't know the answer to that, but I'll find out & let you know".
    Find someone who doesn't just give opinions, but shows you the law & explains it until you understand. Opinions should be clearly stated as such, preferably with the rationale supporting them.

And IMO a firearms instructor, particularly a cc instructor, who doesn't give students a healthy respect for the negative consequences of even a lawful shooting, and strong encouragement to do whatever it takes to avoid a shooting (even in self-defense), is doing them a disservice.[/QUOTE]

I agree 100 %

MKEgal
    BROKENSPROKET

I agree on CC training. It's not a combat course, it's not a marksmanship course, although some of these skills are useful for self defense.
    Wis. CCL #5x Springfield XDM 3.8 Compact .40 S&W, Utah CFP

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    I am teaching a WCI Free class in Nelson on Jan. 21.
    Nelson? Dammit.

Just so all the CC teachers know, if you teach classes around the Green Bay area, you're much more likely to run into your favorite Packer player. Just something to think about....