• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is there a need to "file" in Virginia to open carry?

TechnoWeenie

I thought I sensed some sarcasm in the tone of TechnoWeenie's post.

Oh you did..

But I'm not lying either....

I have the deputy on tape, after detaining me, asking me if I called them to ask if I could...and if I called an attorney.....

Jay

I heard from a friend of a friend of a friend who knows this guy who said that in order to OC in Virginia you have to wear red sparkly shoes click your heels together three times and say "There is nothing like OC'ing in the Great Commonwealth of Virginia"