Thread: Catch .44, have you seen it?

Catch .44, have you seen it?

Have anyone seen the movie “Catch .44”? It has Bruce Willis and a few other actors. It was ok, not something I want to pay full price, but it’s on DVD now.
    The part that caught my attention… these three girls thought they could hi-jack this trucker at a diner. At this point, all I could do was think about “conceal and carry”…etc. Well, the first girl of the three pull her gun out and was facing the cashier, before you knew it, the cashier pulled her double barrel out and “blew her away”! The second girl just watched her sister get turned inside out, so she shot the cashier… while she was doing that, the guy sitting down eating his food, pulled out his 44 mag… needless to say… anyone being hit at less than 10 feet way with a .44 mag… are “toast”… but the last of the three girls shot the guy with the .44 mag…
    I won’t say the rest…just that part was good for me. It was an ok movie. But it got me thinking… for example, have you all picture the “what if’s”. You know, “what if” you are sitting down at a restaurant with your family… a person comes in with a gun and you have the “advantage” point to blow the person away… would you? For most of us, it’s a yes, but it’s always that thought that cross my mind… what if there is another shooter there as a sleeper? Or even… just two or three people trying to rob a place.
    Well, if you can, watch the move and post your thoughts.

mErnestine
    --Moderator deleted spam--

I try to avoid gun battles when I am with my family....if I can absolutely avoid it.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Haven't seen it. I have no idea what I would do in any circumstance involving defending me or mine with a gun. I haven't been in that situation and hope I never am.

I have had a couple guns pointing right at my nose, law enforcement, long story, not guilty of anything and won't go into it. But I do have to tell you when those auto's were at my nose I wasn't scared, I was pissed and thinking how I would really like to grab them and stick them where the light don't shine. So I hope that is an indication of how I would react today, but who knows, I may wet myself and pass out.

Coincedentally I just rented that last night... I passed out during some spots later on in the movie... but yeah, it was a good shoot out for a minute there... Movie was too drawn out I thought. I too find myself wondering if there would be people with the robber who were acting as civillians... Also, that cop would have seen forest whittaker's 1911 in his belt when he leaned over the car.
    When you put the gun in the holster, put the ego in the gun safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Firedawg314 View Post
    You know, “what if” you are sitting down at a restaurant with your family… a person comes in with a gun and you have the “advantage” point to blow the person away… would you? For most of us, it’s a yes, but it’s always that thought that cross my mind… what if there is another shooter there as a sleeper? Or even… just two or three people trying to rob a place.
    Well, if you can, watch the move and post your thoughts.

I would assess the situation. If there was a clear opportunity to end the incident, then I would take it for sure. Kinda reminds me of the last scene of Pulp Fiction. Although I would DEFINITELY not be giving them the $1500 in my wallet

Quote Originally Posted by gunns View Post
    I have no idea what I would do in any circumstance involving defending me or mine with a gun. I haven't been in that situation and hope I never am.
    Much of my Air Force career was spent practicing precisely what we would do in situations in which we'd never been in before. Throughout my career, I wound up facing many of those situations, and performed mostly as expected. Occasionally above and beyond, occasionally below par.

The point is, if you don't know how you'd react in a situation, if you haven't thought things through before you find yourself in a situation, you're already defeated.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Watched it. Terrible movie. It tries to be Pulp Fiction and fails miserably.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    Watched it. Terrible movie. It tries to be Pulp Fiction and fails miserably.
    I thought Pulp Fiction failed miserably...
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.