• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Irony: No security to enforce weapons ban

mahkagari

This week, DW was going to a meeting on an office campus whose firearm policy we couldn't find. The campus itself isn't bad and the meeting was during daylight, but several areas she needed to drive through were dodgy. We discussed that in the option of vehicle carry, it would only be an issue if a) she had to draw or b) for some reason her vehicle was searched.

She said, "I've been there a dozen times and I've never seen security on that side. I don't see any one looking in my car. The security office is on the other side of the campus."

I laughed and said, "So, not only is there no security around to enforce any policy against your weapon, but they're also not around for the 'protection' they're supposed to offer in its place?"

since9

Campaign Veteran
Regarding this measure:

I sincerely hope this goes through. If it does, I'm going to write each and every one of Virginia Tech's Board of Visitors, along with Virginia's Governor who appoints them, as well as my friend, a senior member of Virginia's General Assembly.

I'm going to explain, clearly and without holding back, why Cho was able to murder so many Virginia Tech students without impediment. I'm going to point out how and why it's the government's responsibility to respect the rights of its citizens, and how tragedies such as the Virginia Tech massacre can ensure when citizen's rights are restrained or removed.

Then I'm going to ask them personally, what each and every one of them will do in the coming year to see that this tragedy is never repeated. I will share with them a list of campuses across the U.S., including those here in Colorado, where concealed carry on campus is legal, and how the worst fears of the school officials has never materialized.

I'm going to ask them to make a difference, and if they choose not to do so, I'm going to encourage each and every one of them to put up a $1 Million bond to take care of the families of any student who should fall victim to any future tragedy.

If they refuse, I will publish their names, along with their responses, including a "No Response" for those who choose not to respond. I will encourage all citizens of the State of Virginia to remove the governor from office and replace him with a governor who FULLY respects the rights of Virginia's citizens and students.

I will re-post this in Virginia's section, and I encourage each and every one of us here on OCDO who are Virginia's or from Virginia to stand with me on this matter.

Thank you.

Last edited:

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
Amanda Collins was raped only about a hundred yards from the campus police headquarters in Reno, NV. She had a CCW but law forbid carrying on campus. Her attacker raped others and killed one afterward. Campus carry is a need.

http://www.lvrj.com/news/campus-gun-bill-get-first-hearing-118277349.html?ref=349

Collins' story is certainly compelling. It takes an entrenched nanny-statist, pro-gov't, anti-individual responsible mindset to argue against, at an absolute minimum, cc by licensed individuals in the face of such testimony. Unfortunately, there are few better places to find such mindset than an educational facility.