Thread: New CADL director

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

New CADL director

Learn about the new leader of CADL. Seems they are losing money every year, but spend thousands on an illegal gun ban.

Maureen Hirten has more ideas than time at the moment.She's trying to pace herself so she doesn't attempt too many of the projects she plans for the Capital Area District Library at once.But the countywide system's new director has broad goals — expanding outreach to bring in new cardholders, for one, and charging late fees for most rentals for the first time.Hirten, 61, has been in the position permanently since October, serving before that on an interim basis when then-Director Lance Werner left to manage the Kent District Library.

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/a...=2012201140312
    Last edited by Venator; 01-14-2012 at 01:23 PM.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    Learn about the new leader of CADL. Seems they are losing money every year, but spend thousands on an illegal gun ban.

Maureen Hirten has more ideas than time at the moment.She's trying to pace herself so she doesn't attempt too many of the projects she plans for the Capital Area District Library at once.But the countywide system's new director has broad goals expanding outreach to bring in new cardholders, for one, and charging late fees for most rentals for the first time.Hirten, 61, has been in the position permanently since October, serving before that on an interim basis when then-Director Lance Werner left to manage the Kent District Library.

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/a...=2012201140312
    Ah but she does admits its a public library

Hirten has worked in libraries of all kinds, from a volunteer in a preschool to a university research setting. In each place, the audience was a defined demographic.

But a public library system is different, Hirten said. Its customer base isn't looking for niche items.

seems to me ya can't have it both ways!
    When Guns are OUTLAWED, Ill be an OUTLAW
    American Tactical Imports C45 45 AP
    S&W sigma 40 Cal
    Bersa 380 Thunder Plus
    Hi point C9 9mm
    Chiappa 1911-22 Semi-Auto .22 LR

Im not a lawyer, but I did play a Klingon once at Universal Studios

Banned
    If the internet censorshit legislation passes, we all may be using the libraries more.

Ah, famous words.
    "Taxpayers are paying for our salaries. They're paying for everything in here," she said. "We want to use our money wisely."
    Soooo...then its public property and ran by the local government? Is that what she is saying? Lets not get started on where their money is being wasted...
    Last edited by Yance; 01-16-2012 at 07:13 PM.
    The worst weapon is the human mind, its created and done things far worse than a gun can, has, or ever will. Its the human mind that tells the gun what to do and animates the inanimate object.

With all these gun control laws in place I have yet to find a single one that has saved someones life, but I can find hundreds of stories where a gun has.