Thread: Never have I ever.......

Never have I ever.......

Never have I seen so many no gun signs. I'm working down in the Cleveland area this weekend and I can't help but notice about everywhere I go has a no gun sign. The hotel I'm staying in, most of the hockey rinks I go to, Buffalo Wild Wings where I'm at now (I think ther locations prohibit carry at all locations). While I do not have my gun with me it disappoints me to see so many no gun signs.
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.
    - Shuttleworth vs City of Birmingham, Alabama 317 US 262

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    - Miranda vs Arizona 384 US 436

I see relatively few in the Rocky River, Fairview Park, Lakewood area.

Quote Originally Posted by xmanhockey7 View Post
    ... The hotel I'm staying in, most of the hockey rinks I go to, Buffalo Wild Wings where I'm at now ...
    They have learned that people will go there anyway.
    Last edited by MAC702; 01-15-2012 at 04:54 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

I suggest that you ask hotels if they have a gun buster sign the next time you book a room, if they say yes ask to speak to the mgr. and politely explain that you will be spending your money elsewhere as they have seen fit to deny you your constitutional right. You may also want to explain that the CCer isn't the person they need to be concerned with as we have all been through training and a government background check. The ones they need to be concerned with is the person who is carrying illegally. You may also want to bypass thoses restaraunts with the sign and leave behind some No Guns = No Money" cards. If you don't have any they are very inexpensive and can be purchased here:

http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/Gun-Stuff-Mall#ngnm

These people aren't going to change as long as we continue to give them our money. Everyone who CCs should turn away from these places and let them know we did so and why. If they see that we are not the threat and that their decision is effecting their bottom line they will be more apt to remove the sign. If we as a group and as individuals don't turn away and speak out then we have no reason to complain when we come across those signs.

Quote Originally Posted by Just One Shot View Post
    I suggest that you ask hotels if they have a gun buster sign the next time you book a room, if they say yes ask to speak to the mgr. and politely explain that you will be spending your money elsewhere as they have seen fit to deny you your constitutional right. You may also want to explain that the CCer isn't the person they need to be concerned with as we have all been through training and a government background check. The ones they need to be concerned with is the person who is carrying illegally. You may also want to bypass thoses restaraunts with the sign and leave behind some No Guns = No Money" cards. If you don't have any they are very inexpensive and can be purchased here:

http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/Gun-Stuff-Mall#ngnm

These people aren't going to change as long as we continue to give them our money. Everyone who CCs should turn away from these places and let them know we did so and why. If they see that we are not the threat and that their decision is effecting their bottom line they will be more apt to remove the sign. If we as a group and as individuals don't turn away and speak out then we have no reason to complain when we come across those signs.
    Good advice. Sadly it's not that easy. Whenever I come down, it's for work for a hockey tournament company (referee). They book the hotel and tell me the rinks to go to. I'm not yet 21 and don't wanna deal with OCing in Ohio so I don't carry while there. I'm also normally with 1-3 other guys. I do my best to avoid restaurants to avoid gun buster signs but theres not a whole lot I can do to avoid going to those places. I know the owner of one of the rinks and he does not have a no gun sign. I've considered thanking him for not. He's a very nice man and seems to be the kinda person who realizes putting up a sign would do nothing. I might try to talk to one or two of the rinks about removing the sign but idk if it'll do much.
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.
    - Shuttleworth vs City of Birmingham, Alabama 317 US 262

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    - Miranda vs Arizona 384 US 436

Quote Originally Posted by xmanhockey7 View Post
    Good advice. Sadly it's not that easy. Whenever I come down, it's for work for a hockey tournament company (referee). They book the hotel and tell me the rinks to go to. I'm not yet 21 and don't wanna deal with OCing in Ohio so I don't carry while there. I'm also normally with 1-3 other guys. I do my best to avoid restaurants to avoid gun buster signs but theres not a whole lot I can do to avoid going to those places. I know the owner of one of the rinks and he does not have a no gun sign. I've considered thanking him for not. He's a very nice man and seems to be the kinda person who realizes putting up a sign would do nothing. I might try to talk to one or two of the rinks about removing the sign but idk if it'll do much.
    I understand, when work schedules the rooms there isn't much you can do other than anononymously leaving behind some No Guns = No Money cards. I recently left one behind on a counter at a place I have to visit for my work that is posted. The cards really are worth investing in and they don't cost alot. At 10 for $1.00, 25 for $2.50, 50 for $5.00 and 100 for $10.00 there's a price for any budget.

Stay safe out there.
    JOS
    Last edited by Just One Shot; 01-17-2012 at 02:33 PM.

A sad state if affairs

Living in Arizona is like a 2A dream sometimes when I look at other states. The kicker is, I'll probably be moving to the greater Cleveland area soon. With all of that going on, I try to not be discouraged, but motivated at the challenge of fighting for my rights. Although sometimes it can feel overwhelming, at least when we fight for our rights in this country, things get done. The English and Aussie's aren't so lucky. So if Cleveland is in my future, I guess my state and local representatives will start to feel a personal bond with me through all of the emails I will be sending.
    T.V. brings on a whole new meaning to thinking inside the box.

-M

We have a couple of good 2A organizations here that you may want to check out:

http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/index.php

http://www.ohioccw.org/