Thread: coming up

coming up

hello, im coming up to Indianapolis tomo and im 18 and open carry i live in kentucky and im wondering if there is anything special i should know about open carrying there when im 18. i know your state and my state honor each other with the oc and cc. but is there anything i should know about open carring in my car.

do i have to do anything special so i wont get in trouble if i get pulled over?
    i know ohio i have to keep my gun unloaded and my clips

what about your state?

^ Do you have some sort of carry permit? Since KY does not issue them to those under 21 you don't have theirs. I'm under 18 and I have permits from Maine and North Dakota. I'd suggest if you want to carry in Indiana in the future you get a Maine permit. If you looking to have better reciprocity get the Maine permit then the New Hampshire permit. That gives you fairly good reciprocity until you can get a KY permit.
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.
    - Shuttleworth vs City of Birmingham, Alabama 317 US 262

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    - Miranda vs Arizona 384 US 436

You can carry if your 18 here but you do need a permit/ lisc to carry in Ind.