• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

coming up

righttobarearms

hello, im coming up to Indianapolis tomo and im 18 and open carry i live in kentucky and im wondering if there is anything special i should know about open carrying there when im 18. i know your state and my state honor each other with the oc and cc. but is there anything i should know about open carring in my car.

do i have to do anything special so i wont get in trouble if i get pulled over?
i know ohio i have to keep my gun unloaded and my clips

what about your state?

xmanhockey7

^ Do you have some sort of carry permit? Since KY does not issue them to those under 21 you don't have theirs. I'm under 18 and I have permits from Maine and North Dakota. I'd suggest if you want to carry in Indiana in the future you get a Maine permit. If you looking to have better reciprocity get the Maine permit then the New Hampshire permit. That gives you fairly good reciprocity until you can get a KY permit.