• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dave & Busters Short Pump **ANTI-Gun**

Jay

The Miss's and I decided to take a trip to the Richmond area yesterday. She wanted to do some shopping, and then felt the need to try an kick my butt at some arcade games at Dave & Busters. I was upset for her because this was something she was really looking forward to, but at the same time I could not have been more proud of her. This was the first time that we have been together and had a negative experience while I was OC'ing. However several years ago we had the "talk" that if we were together while I was OC'ing, and ever asked to leave the firearm in the car we would leave and not patron there. Well I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later.

We walked in through one set of doors and then another set to the hostess desk (two women and a gentleman with a shirt and tie). I asked one of the women for a table for two. At this time the gentleman approached me and introduced himself as the General Manager. He asked if I would step outside the first set of double doors with him and I agreed. At the same time telling me how he owns firearms, shoots, ya da ya da. He then pointed to a board of rules which I did not read, but he told me firearms were not allowed inside, and I would need to locked it up in my car. I told him to hold on a second I opened up the set of doors inside where my other half was waiting for me. I said to her the general manager wants me to lock my firearm in the car. (This was the one time that I would ever have locked it up because she had been talking about coming here all day). However without skipping a beat she looked the general manager right in the face and said, "That is fine we will just go eat somewhere else" and walked out the door. (I am sorry but for me that was a huge rush watching her say that and the dumbfounded look on the managers face). I told her I was very proud of her and had offered to leave the gun in the car she said nope she was okay with not going if they would not allow me to carry. We ended up going to Bertucci's down the road had no issues and gladly paid them $50.00 for our dinner.

I plan on contacting Dave & Busters Corporate I will let you all know how I make out.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I think we got booted out Of there once a long time ago....Anyway...good job and thanks for letting everyone Know.

BTW, have you ever heard me say that just owning a gun doesn't make us buddies, allies or even on friendly terms. Every anti gun idiot I've ever met claimed to own a gun but...........(Fill in the rest).

One day it would be fun to get a hundred or so of us together somewhere and every few minutes one or two would go to Dave & Busters and be asked to leave. They'd go to wherever we were going to eat and meet, while the next wave goes to D&B.

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
.... One day it would be fun to get a hundred or so of us together somewhere and every few minutes one or two would go to Dave & Busters and be asked to leave. They'd go to wherever we were going to eat and meet, while the next wave goes to D&B.

Sounds like a certain morning at Cracker Barrel.

Jay - "Well Done!" to both of you.

stay safe.

Marco

Dave & Busters Short Pump **ANTI-Gun**

Bravo to you and the Mrs.
I'm sorry I didn't get to hear this story first hand this morning.

BTW, have you ever heard me say that just owning a gun doesn't make us buddies, allies or even on friendly terms. Every anti gun idiot I've ever met claimed to own a gun but...........(Fill in the rest).

One day it would be fun to get a hundred or so of us together somewhere and every few minutes one or two would go to Dave & Busters and be asked to leave. They'd go to wherever we were going to eat and meet, while the next wave goes to D&B.

1+
I'm in. :)

Glockster

I think we got booted out Of there once a long time ago....Anyway...good job and thanks for letting everyone Know.

Well, my idea of real fun would be to have a whole bunch of folks who also have CHPs all go in and take seats -- fill as many tables as possible. Then repeat the above situation - except when the one spouse gets up to say that they'll just leave, about 20 other tables all stand up, take off their coats to show they're carrying and they ALL say that they'll leave. One table, one set of customers, not a huge deal. An entire restaurant gets up and leaves, and I think that would send a real message (20 x $50 meal).

MSC 45ACP

Well, my idea of real fun would be to have a whole bunch of folks who also have CHPs all go in and take seats -- fill as many tables as possible. Then repeat the above situation - except when the one spouse gets up to say that they'll just leave, about 20 other tables all stand up, take off their coats to show they're carrying and they ALL say that they'll leave. One table, one set of customers, not a huge deal. An entire restaurant gets up and leaves, and I think that would send a real message (20 x $50 meal).

Sounds like a good plan.

Glockster

Sounds like a good plan.

I would absolutely participate in something like this. Individual attempts I think don't let them see what they might be doing on a larger scale -- how many patrons might be carrying that they don't know about and what the larger impact is.

Not to say that I don't like GS's idea though.

Felix

I'll have to admit, I put that into the category of intentionally deceiving an establishment. It's one thing to get booted out of a place that's not posted but to go en masse to a restaurant that's already known to be anti-gun under the conditions outlined above doesn't do our cause any good, IMO.

MSC 45ACP

It would certainly be a "LMAO" moment if 50 (or more) people go into a place in small groups unnoticed, are seated comfortably and then one (or two) are asked by the manager to either put "it" in the car or leave and then ALL of us get up and EMPTY the place! That would be CLASSIC! Worthy of video, even! Definitely a moment for digital recording... Speaking of which, I am currently wearing mine at the public library and haevn't yet been asked to "cover up for the sake of the CHILDREN!" yet. The security guard on duty isn't very observant, I suppose. She has walked past many times and not noticed. I know she hasn't noticed, because she doesn't even pause. I'm sitting at a table with Ms. Kimber politely attached to my left hip. Quite a few folks in need of belts or suspenders.
Would it be impolite of me to tell them where I got my suspenders? They were only around $20...

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I'll have to admit, I put that into the category of intentionally deceiving an establishment. It's one thing to get booted out of a place that's not posted but to go en masse to a restaurant that's already known to be anti-gun under the conditions outlined above doesn't do our cause any good, IMO.

There's no law against deceiving an establishment Felix, unless it involves fraud of some sort.
But what this is, is a CHP going into an establishment they know is posted. That is technically trespassing.

Last edited:

Glockster

There's no law against deceiving an establishment Felix, unless it involves fraud of some sort.
But what this is, is a CHP going into an establishment they know is posted. That is technically trespassing.

Assuming of course that the CHPs knew that. Perhaps you just invite a whole bunch of friends to meet you there, and don't tell them anything about it being posted.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Assuming of course that the CHPs knew that. Perhaps you just invite a whole bunch of friends to meet you there, and don't tell them anything about it being posted.

Assuming that would require:
A. Being a worthless SOB for tricking everyone,
or
B. Everyone being untruthful about knowing which is a poor way to show gunowners are decent people.

Glockster

Assuming that would require:
A. Being a worthless SOB for tricking everyone,
or
B. Everyone being untruthful about knowing which is a poor way to show gunowners are decent people.

Good grief - it was a JOKE for pity sake (hence the "fun" comment). As much of a joke as I assumed your suggestion was (which falls into the same vein -- suggesting that someone enter the property for the purpose of getting turned away is the same sort of thing).

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Good grief - it was a JOKE for pity sake (hence the "fun" comment). As much of a joke as I assumed your suggestion was (which falls into the same vein -- suggesting that someone enter the property for the purpose of getting turned away is the same sort of thing).

No it isn't. Getting turned away isn't entering the property...It's getting stopped.:banghead:

TFred

Peter Nap takes the high road here.

If one were going to do such a thing, it would appear to me the "best" plan would be to have a group of people plan to come together, all carrying concealed. Then as they are being seated, the last member of the group, the open carrier, who was running "just a little bit late," shows up just in time to be seated with the whole group. Proceed from there.

If you have folks planted throughout who then leave, it will be obvious it was a set-up and more likely to just make the manager mad, and also, if the issue is handled as the OP indicated, there would be no plausible reason for the pre-seated folks to even know what had happened. You would just have a bunch of people leaving for no apparent reason.

All hypothetically, of course... :D

TFred

Glockster

No it isn't. Getting turned away isn't entering the property...It's getting stopped.:banghead:

Probably need to bang head harder then....you have long since entered the property by the time you get to the point where the manager is talking to you assuming that he's not randomly stopping cars at the parking entrance to see if you're carrying. The lobby, the entrance, possibly/probably the parking lot is all property. You suggested going there, knowing that carry wasn't allowed, and in entering the property at whatever point that is, is of course still trespassing.

And again, chill -- it was a "wouldn't it be funny" comment.

Last edited:

TFred

Probably need to bang head harder then....you have long since entered the property by the time you get to the point where the manager is talking to you assuming that he's not randomly stopping cars at the parking entrance to see if you're carrying. The lobby, the entrance, possibly/probably the parking lot is all property. You suggested going there, knowing that carry wasn't allowed, and in entering the property at whatever point that is, is of course still trespassing.
At this point, for me and everyone "else" on the forum, the fact that the business is banned is hearsay. Until I see the sign for myself, I do not know that it is banned. And I'm not one who tends to go around reading fine print on every sign I pass.

TFred

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
And again, chill -- it was a "wouldn't it be funny" comment.

It's a well known fact, that I have NO sense of humor:lol::banana:
[video=vimeo;26791089]http://vimeo.com/26791089[/video]

Last edited:

Baked on Grease

There are plenty of establishments that are anti-gun but are not posted as such (TGIF and Logan's come to mind) so one could have the excuse of not knowing, since it's not posted. The idea of a large group dinner rather than individual dinners would work better (so as not to seem as staged).

I don't believe it would be considered trespassing since it's not posted and we technically left when they told us we were not welcome.

You can be dam sure that server would be mad for losing out on a tip for a group of 30+.

If Peter Nap is videotaping, I am up for a try.

Sent using tapatalk

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Sure it does. The OP apparently did not see the posted sign. So in goes a group of armed folks who like to get together periodically for a lunch while armed (gee, happens a lot in our state), also not seeing a sign. Such an action does send a message and after all, if one was asked to leave, all the others are doing is following his lead so as not to risk a charge of trespassing.

However, if a sign is posted and seen, do not enter the establishment. You risk a trespassing charge and in any case, why push the issue. Best to find another place of business that wants your patronage.

Last edited: