Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking to buy a new piece....

Looking to buy a new piece....

Looking to buy a new XDM40... Anyone have any grate news about this piece? I currently have a G26 that I like, but I like the look of the XDM too.

I have an XDm 4.5" full version, I use it as my primary carry. I enjoy it quite a bit.

I answered same question here: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...on-model-45ACP

I will of course plug www.Bucks-Gun-Shop.com, my primary firearm dealer. He may still have a group buy pricing on springfield armory firearms .40 SC was $385 I think...
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

Regular Member trevorthebusdriver's Avatar
    Love, love, love mine! Full size Bi-tone(Silver/Black)in .40. It's my OC gun. I'm happy with Outdoor Emporium(by Safeco Field) for service and prices.
    Last edited by trevorthebusdriver; 01-16-2012 at 09:50 PM.

I love the XDm! Unfortunately mine was lost in a tragic boating accident along with all the rest of my firearms.
    Check out Surplus Ammo in Tacoma. They had a better price in store than what I paid online (plus I had to pay FFL fee).

I love the XD! I use to have a Glock then I tried out a XD and my entire life changed. I sold my Glock and used the money to buy a brand new XD and have never regretted it. Over 2,000 rounds and not a single jam, miss fire or problem of any kind! Easy take down and cleaning they really are the entire package. I trust my life to my XD every day as it has become my primary OC and EDC gun. I am known as the gun guy at work at was getting a lot of questions about them last year so I made a youtube video about them I could have my fiends and co workers watch. Every person is different but for me XD is the only way to go and I always highly recommend them. Below is a link to my youtube video it is not the highest dollar production but it may answer some of your questions, I also go into how to take them down and clean them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMY6Gow3Kh4
    "Fight like you train, train like you fight"

Why was my post deleted?

I carry an XDm .45 in 3.8 flavor, love it. Mary's pistols in Tacoma treated me well. K&E Arms in Kent is also a great place to order in.
    www.WaGuns.org

Currently mapping locations of Shooting Areas as well as Gun Stores - Let me know what is missing!

Why .40? I may have a lead on a 9mm for a decent price if you're looking to buy soon. PM if you're interested.

As for news, it's hard to argue against an XD(M) in any flavor. It's a solid platform to shoot from and an excellent OC piece.

Quote Originally Posted by onlurker View Post
    Why .40? I may have a lead on a 9mm for a decent price if you're looking to buy soon. PM if you're interested.

As for news, it's hard to argue against an XD(M) in any flavor. It's a solid platform to shoot from and an excellent OC piece.
    It has been a while sense I looked at ballistics but last time I did research I thought a 40 has the velocity of a 9 with the initial hitting power of a 45, that's why I went with 40 for my carry gun. Plus the magazine capacity is fair

Quote Originally Posted by fire suppressor View Post
    It has been a while sense I looked at ballistics but last time I did research I thought a 40 has the velocity of a 9 with the initial hitting power of a 45, that's why I went with 40 for my carry gun. Plus the magazine capacity is fair
    My research concurs with this and is why my OC piece is .40, I was just curious on the OP's choice.

I carry the XDM 45 ACP with the 4.5 barrel and love the gun have put around 800 rds though it and have had zero issues with it.

With it in the Black hawk holster it is very comfortable even after carrying it for 12+ hours.

I carry an XD .45 everyday and it would take an act of god to make switch to a different weapon. In short I love it.

I would recommend looking for a gun that

A: you shoot well
    B: has multiple caliber options

My gun of choice is a Sig 229 in .40 since you can purchase additional
    drop in barrels (9mm and .357Sig) and essentially have 3 guns in one!

XD=Croatia

Go with M&P.

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoWeenie View Post
    XD=Croatia

Go with M&P.
    What's wrong with Croatia? I've never had a single problem with mine and even if you do it is still backed by Springfield's warranty and customer service. I have never used it but have herd nothing but great things

Quote Originally Posted by fire suppressor View Post
    What's wrong with Croatia? I've never had a single problem with mine and even if you do it is still backed by Springfield's warranty and customer service. I have never used it but have herd nothing but great things
    Buy 'Merican.

Buy 'Merican.

Normally I would agree with you but Croatia really has a winner with the XD. They are sold under Springfield a American company so the money still makes it way back to us

indeed!!

Buy 'Merican.

Who makes your 7.62x39 ammo

mine is yugo and some silver and brown bear...
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Regular Member trevorthebusdriver's Avatar
    Check this out! XDS Single stack .45 5+1! http://xdspistol.com/

You honestly cannot go wrong with either the XD, the Glock, or the M&P... My advice would be to go to Wades, Sams, or Norpoint and rent one of each model that you are considering and try it out firing the gun... They will feel very different when you are firing them on the line versus when you are just holding them in the store... Find the one that feels the best to you... That is the one to buy... If you take care of them they will all last you a lifetime... Heck, I have an old Iver Johnson shotgun that my grandfather bought for my dad... It only cost $12.50 at the time and it is still in excellent shape and hunting... Just take care of your equipment and it will take care of you...
    "Like" us on Facebook at Buck's Gun Shop for regular specials and other savings.
    www.Bucks-Gun-Shop.com
    Earl@Bucks-Gun-Shop.com

The Constitution of the United States does not grant rights to citizens; it limits the powers of government to infringe on the rights which have already endowed upon us by our Creator. One of those is the right to keep and bear arms, to defend our persons and property in any manner we see fit.

Quote Originally Posted by briehl12 View Post
    but I like the look of the XDM too.
    For me, the last thing on my list of criteria is the "look". I want something that fits my hand, shoots well, has a reputation for reliability, is chambered in a readily available caliber that's economic enough to shoot so I can get plenty of practice, has a wide selection of holsters available for it, and then LASTLY, it's looks.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    For me, the last thing on my list of criteria is the "look". I want something that fits my hand, shoots well, has a reputation for reliability, is chambered in a readily available caliber that's economic enough to shoot so I can get plenty of practice, has a wide selection of holsters available for it, and then LASTLY, it's looks.
    +1000

I absolutely love my XD45 Tactical and it's my primary sidearm. It doesn't get far from my side unless I need to deep conceal. I will OC and CC with it but need a bit of a large coat to cover it. I've heard nothing but rave reviews about the XDM series and if I could ever get enough spare cash I hope to get the XDM9. I've fired Glock and have owned a few 1911s and of course a variety of other handguns. For me the XD is a natural point of aim shooter and I rarely need to use the sights for shooting under 25 yards (using the sights just insures a very small group.)

Definitely go to a range that rents out or go out with friends that have a variety of pistols and try them out. You will want to have it be something that not only fits your hand but is a natural shooter for you. If you can point shoot and hit what you're aiming at and it doesn't beat your hand up, then go for it.

Thank you all for your input. I carry a G26 that I like, but not inlove. I do not like that the handle is short, no pinky grip. Yea i can buy an extender, but I also am thinking of changing weapons after 4years of having my G26. I like the look of the XDM, and the feel, just have not had a chance to shoot it yet.

My Opinion

Sig>M&P>XD>Glock

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast