Thread: OC in State Parks?

OC in State Parks?

Anyone know if it's legal to OC in most state parks? I know they changed some laws as of Dec 1, 2011 but I wasn't sure if this was one of them. Want to go up to Hanging Rock to hike, but I don't have my CC yet and was wondering if it was still good to OC.

Quote Originally Posted by 11B2O View Post
    Anyone know if it's legal to OC in most state parks? I know they changed some laws as of Dec 1, 2011 but I wasn't sure if this was one of them. Want to go up to Hanging Rock to hike, but I don't have my CC yet and was wondering if it was still good to OC.
    Unfortunately no. I had that same question not too long ago. While we did get CC in state parks, still no OC as of yet. With as much time as I spend in state parks, it has pushed me towards getting my CHP though..

Unfortunately, no.

Are firearms allowed in a state park?

Firearms and other weapons are prohibited except that those with a proper permit may possess a concealed handgun in permitted areas and under the requirements of North Carolina G.S. 14-415.11. All firearms and weapons are prohibited in state park visitor centers and park offices. (EXCEPTION: Federal law (36 C.F.R. ¤ 327.13) prohibits loaded firearms or ammunition on those lands and waters at Falls Lake, Jordan Lake and Kerr Lake state recreation areas managed by the state parks system and owned by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.)

Quote Originally Posted by ArmySoldier22 View Post
    Unfortunately no. I had that same question not too long ago. While we did get CC in state parks, still no OC as of yet. With as much time as I spend in state parks, it has pushed me towards getting my CHP though..
    just to confirm that I get this right. I can CC with valid permit in state parks as of now????

Quote Originally Posted by airwolf09 View Post
    just to confirm that I get this right. I can CC with valid permit in state parks as of now????

Actually, as of 1 December 2011, CC in state parks is legal in NC, with a valid permit.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964