• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in State Parks?

11B2O

Anyone know if it's legal to OC in most state parks? I know they changed some laws as of Dec 1, 2011 but I wasn't sure if this was one of them. Want to go up to Hanging Rock to hike, but I don't have my CC yet and was wondering if it was still good to OC.

ArmySoldier22

Anyone know if it's legal to OC in most state parks? I know they changed some laws as of Dec 1, 2011 but I wasn't sure if this was one of them. Want to go up to Hanging Rock to hike, but I don't have my CC yet and was wondering if it was still good to OC.

Unfortunately no. I had that same question not too long ago. While we did get CC in state parks, still no OC as of yet. With as much time as I spend in state parks, it has pushed me towards getting my CHP though..

chiefjason

Unfortunately, no.

Are firearms allowed in a state park?

Firearms and other weapons are prohibited except that those with a proper permit may possess a concealed handgun in permitted areas and under the requirements of North Carolina G.S. 14-415.11. All firearms and weapons are prohibited in state park visitor centers and park offices. (EXCEPTION: Federal law (36 C.F.R. ¤ 327.13) prohibits loaded firearms or ammunition on those lands and waters at Falls Lake, Jordan Lake and Kerr Lake state recreation areas managed by the state parks system and owned by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.)

airwolf09

Unfortunately no. I had that same question not too long ago. While we did get CC in state parks, still no OC as of yet. With as much time as I spend in state parks, it has pushed me towards getting my CHP though..

just to confirm that I get this right. I can CC with valid permit in state parks as of now????