• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Courts uphold Power of Sheriff in Wyoming

rcav8r

I'm not sure what's going on in that series of articles. On one hand, it's saying wyoming sheriffs have power over federal agents, OTOH, another article says that there was a settlement (not judgement), and that not allowing feds to enter a county to do their business was itself illegal. There seems to be some back and forth on this issue, and the articles are focused on the mid-90's.

So it LOOKS like that website is saying the courts uphold the power of the sheriff to allow or deny fed agents to operate in their counties, while it's also saying the courts have not ruled directly on the issue.

??

E6chevron

Just look at the subheads of the article:

Immediately Below Is The Internet Embellishment

Followed By

How It Really Went Down!

This was a lawsuit settlement, not a court ordered decision.

Last edited:

apjonas

This Happens

when people read only the first part of something and then start salivating (yep, I've done it too). An administrator type should lock and/or delete this thread before it becomes Kudzu-like.