Thread: VCDL 2012 Legislation Tracking Tool

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

VCDL 2012 Legislation Tracking Tool

Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Yay!

TFred

can someone explain why this bill is being watched by VCDL??

is this a possible misprint? Why does VCDL care about recycling at ABC licensees? are we worried this is the first dominoe to fall and require us to recycle brass and lead?

SB 288 Alcoholic beverage control; recycling for certain retail on-premises licensees required.
    Mamie E. Locke | all patrons ... notes | add to my profiles another bill?Log inLIS Home- - - - - - - - - - - - - -Bills & ResolutionsMembersCommitteesMeetingsCalendarsCommu nicationsMinutesStatisticsLobbyist-in-a-Box

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Summary as introduced:
    Alcoholic beverage control; local ordinance; recycling for certain retail on-premises licensees. Authorizes any locality to adopt an ordinance requiring any retail on-premises wine and beer licensee to separate, store, and provide for the collection for recycling of all glass alcoholic beverage containers sold by the licensee.

Full text:
    01/10/12 Senate: Prefiled and ordered printed; offered 01/11/12 12102868D pdf

01/10/12 Senate: Prefiled and ordered printed; offered 01/11/12 12102868D
    01/10/12 Senate: Referred to Committee on Rehabilitation and Social Services

Quote Originally Posted by 67GT390FB View Post
    is this a possible misprint? Why does VCDL care about recycling at ABC licensees? are we worried this is the first dominoe to fall and require us to recycle brass and lead?

SB 288 Alcoholic beverage control; recycling for certain retail on-premises licensees required.
    Mamie E. Locke | all patrons ... notes | add to my profiles another bill?Log inLIS Home- - - - - - - - - - - - - -Bills & ResolutionsMembersCommitteesMeetingsCalendarsCommu nicationsMinutesStatisticsLobbyist-in-a-Box

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Summary as introduced:
    Alcoholic beverage control; local ordinance; recycling for certain retail on-premises licensees. Authorizes any locality to adopt an ordinance requiring any retail on-premises wine and beer licensee to separate, store, and provide for the collection for recycling of all glass alcoholic beverage containers sold by the licensee.

Full text:
    01/10/12 Senate: Prefiled and ordered printed; offered 01/11/12 12102868D pdf

01/10/12 Senate: Prefiled and ordered printed; offered 01/11/12 12102868D
    01/10/12 Senate: Referred to Committee on Rehabilitation and Social Services
    I don't see that bill in there. I see HB 288, about carrying in a courthouse.

TFred

Great tool!!! I will make good use of this as in previous years. Would be better if the bills were listed in numerical order.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    Great tool!!! I will make good use of this as in previous years. Would be better if the bills were listed in numerical order.
    They are in alphabetical order, by ASCII code... this is the world where the numbers 1 through 10 are ordered: 1, 10, 2, 3, 4, etc...

Thank the computer.

TFred

Quote Originally Posted by 67GT390FB View Post

I'm pretty sure SB288 is a mistake.
    This is the actual proposed bill:
    HB 288
    Courthouses; exception from prohibition against carrying weapon for city and county treasurers.
    Delegate Beverly J. Sherwood (R) - House District 29
    Full text:
    01/10/12 House: Prefiled and ordered printed; offered 01/11/12 12103090D pdf

01/10/12 House: Prefiled and ordered printed; offered 01/11/12 12103090D
    01/10/12 House: Referred to Committee on Militia, Police and Public Safety
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

How to Sort

Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    They are in alphabetical order, by ASCII code... this is the world where the numbers 1 through 10 are ordered: 1, 10, 2, 3, 4, etc...

Thank the computer.

TFred
    Try renumbering, thus for a series of hundreds,

001, 002, 003, 004, 010, 288 ........

HTH
    When those in Government fail to see the danger in too much Government, they become the danger.
    (Original quote by me)

If we lose the Second Amendment it is only a matter of time before we lose the First Amendment, then the Fourth Amendment and then it is all downhill from there ...

I've OCed and didn't scare the horses or stampede the women!

It's too late to train when you are in the middle of a gunfight ... (me)

IDPA SSP/MM

Quote Originally Posted by Ironside View Post
    Try renumbering, thus for a series of hundreds,

001, 002, 003, 004, 010, 288 ........

HTH
    That would work, except they'll need 4 digits for House bills.

TFred