• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FIRE MISSION: New York to use Technology that can detect if someone is armed.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

What is the position of your amen-corner on this old TSA technology and why?

What is the position of your amen-corner on this old TSA technology and why? Where should we and I direct our anti-fire.
  • Yes, using heat-seeking devices on the streets is a violation of our Constitutional rights.50%
  • No, the NYPD needs all available tools to fight crime and keep guns off the streets.47%
THz is not "heat seeking" but it is analogous to a long range wanding. What is y'alls position on wanding?

It's better to fight to have legally armed citizens and their legal arms on the streets of New York than to look like a stupid Luddite.

Why, here's a contemporary article on this scanning by the TSA

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2012/01/18/tsa-reassures-passengers-about-radiation-exposure-risk/

Is their employment of THz millimeter radar violative of rights or hazardous? Direct your anti-fire at the TSA and the NYPD and not at the technology, otherwise it's your bald hoplophobia fear of a tool.

Last edited:

Freeflight

Campaign Veteran
What is the position of your amen-corner on this old TSA technology and why? Where should we and I direct our anti-fire.
  • Yes, using heat-seeking devices on the streets is a violation of our Constitutional rights.50%
  • No, the NYPD needs all available tools to fight crime and keep guns off the streets.47%
THz is not "heat seeking" but it is analogous to a long range wanding. What is y'alls position on wanding?

It's better to fight to have legally armed citizens and their legal arms on the streets of New York than to look like a stupid Luddite.

Why, here's a contemporary article on this scanning by the TSA

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2012/01/18/tsa-reassures-passengers-about-radiation-exposure-risk/

Is their employment of THz millimeter radar violative of rights or hazardous? Direct your anti-fire at the TSA and the NYPD and not at the technology, otherwise it's your bald hoplophobia fear of a tool.

???? Wheeew! I can't make out what you posted here...or why..

The correct answer is that this is an Incredible intrusion and Violation of the 4th Amendment of the Constitution...

Did you Vote Correctly?

H

Herr Heckler Koch

???? Wheeew! I can't make out what you posted here...or why..

The correct answer is that this is an Incredible intrusion and Violation of the 4th Amendment of the Constitution...

Did you Vote Correctly?
Absolutely, and I am NOT a member of your goddamr amen-corner.

Last edited:

Freeflight

Campaign Veteran
Absolutely, and I am NOT a member of your goddamr amen-corner.

Now I'm more confused... why don't you be plain in your meaning?
You called me a Ludite and a Hoplophobe? Why?

I make my living on Technology... and I own a small arsenal (never been called a Hoplophobe before)

There must be some communication break-down here...(I fixed my Original Post to clarify)

To what do you refer when you say My Amen Corner?

To see what sheet of music that you read from is:

Choice A That it infringes on the constitution and our rights is CORRECT
Choice b that it is okay For them to Scan anyone on the streets is In-Correct.

Choice A does put you in my Amen corner...

Choice b will relegate you into troll status

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
While it is plainly illegal to carry a firearm in the City of New York without the required permission slips, it seems to be a waste of both time and effort to go looking for folks who are violating those laws yet not otherwise doing harm when there are significant numbers of folks who not only violate the laws against carrying without permission but intentionally harm others and those folks are not being sought out and prosecuted.

As to the possibility of a 4th Amendment violation - that all depends on whether or not the city will be erecting notices that designated areas are being scanned and providing means for those that do not wish to be scanned to avoid those areas. Much like the way some states handle DUI Checkpoints. If they will not provide a way to avoid the checkpoint then they need to either scan everybody or ensure that only the designated person to be scanned (every x person) is scanned and no others.

I'm also concerned about possible violations of other laws/regulations regarding personal privacy - HIPAA and ADA for example. I'd be willing to wager some serious amounts of doughnut holes that they have not considered and addressed those issues.:uhoh:

stay safe.

Verd

Campaign Veteran
Studies reveal that THz waves “unzip double-stranded DNA, creating bubbles in the double strand that could significantly interfere with processes such as gene expression and DNA replication,” according to MIT’s Technology Review.
Nice NYC. Mutate your citizens to keep them from their 2nd amendment rights.