Thread: HB 1052: Carrying weapons in air carrier airport terminals

HB 1052: Carrying weapons in air carrier airport terminals

HB 1052

"Carrying weapons in air carrier airport terminals; removing prohibition against carrying firearms. Removes the prohibition against carrying certain firearms and other weapons in air carrier airport terminals. The bill retains the prohibition against carrying explosives in such areas."

Please help me remember. I recall the two major airports in the NOVA region (Dulles and Regan) making statements that their facilities were not governed by Virginia Commonwealth laws, but by an autonomous governing body which could enforce and mandate their own laws. I believe they also purported to have dominion over the Dulles Toll road.

Thus my questions are two fold: A) is my recall of this statement correct and B) If HB 1052 were to be fully vetted, would it extend to the "sterile" areas of these two airports?
    The problem with the internet is nobody can really tell when you’re serious and when you’re being sarcastic. –Abraham Lincoln

As for A, I am not sure but I believe you are correct. As for B, I am sure that the sterile areas will still be banned because as far as I know they are under TSA and federal contok.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Quote Originally Posted by ChinChin View Post
    HB 1052

"Carrying weapons in air carrier airport terminals; removing prohibition against carrying firearms. Removes the prohibition against carrying certain firearms and other weapons in air carrier airport terminals. The bill retains the prohibition against carrying explosives in such areas."

Please help me remember. I recall the two major airports in the NOVA region (Dulles and Regan) making statements that their facilities were not governed by Virginia Commonwealth laws, but by an autonomous governing body which could enforce and mandate their own laws. I believe they also purported to have dominion over the Dulles Toll road.

Thus my questions are two fold: A) is my recall of this statement correct and B) If HB 1052 were to be fully vetted, would it extend to the "sterile" areas of these two airports?
    For A: start here
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ghlight=dulles

For B: No, it does nor extend past the TSA checkpoint.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit